Swollen lymph nodes for 6 months, help?????!

Posted , 28 users are following.

Okay so around may I had this strange feeling like something was stuck in my throat. Saw my ent who put the camera down my nose and said it all was good. Well this was right at the beginning of May. I developed what felt like several swollen lymph to me. One behind my ear which feels kind of hard and others directly down under my jaw that are big soft and very mobile. They do not hurt. I have been to my doctor so many times over this. I've been to the emergency room. Ive saw different doctors. I even went back to my ent and he said he felt a little one but no cause for concern. I asked for an.ultrasound he said if it makes me feel better. They said it came back normal. They always say there's nothing there. My primary doctor said that until about a month ago she FINALLY felt what I'm talking about. So she ordered a CT of my neck. Which she says she believes the lymph nodes are acting up due to my tonsils. She has said all along how big my tonsils are and my throats red. But none of it hurts.the ct revealed two enlarged nodes on the right side where I'm always complaining and one on the right side. They were all around 2 ish cms. The radiologist even commented on how big my tonsils were and he suggested they're reactive nodes rather than cancerous. Which is what I've been so worried about all these months. I am always tired but I also have something called SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) this started around the same time as the nodes in my neck. It'd s bacterial over growth in the small intestine. I have abnormal stools, gas, etc. Its hard to treat I'm on my 2nd round of antibiotics for it and no improvements I know I have it though. I tested positive for it. So I'm feeling with that also. I have taken antibiotics which have done nothing for me for my stomach issues or the lymph nodes. I was referred to a different ent for the end of this month. She said if he doesn't think its my tonsils then she would send me for a biopsy only to calm my nerves. I've had blood work numerous times just two weeks ago too all is normal. Ive had head ct scan, neck, stomach also had chest x ray and stomach x ray. MRI of head. Blood work for mono, Lyme disease, celiac, etc all negative. Doctor said if she thought it was cancerous she would have sent me on somewhere by now. I just wondered if anyone had any similar experiences or could shed some positive light my way. I'm almost 21 with a 7 month old baby. I've never had anything wrong with me so this is difficult. Also had my wisdom teeth removed, and nodes are still there. Any feedback is nice. I know no one here can diagnosis just looking for feedback. Thanks

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Wow I'm SO sorry to hear this. The anxiety alone is absolute freaking torture!! I just turned 24. I felt my first node whend I was 13. I can feel a lot of mine on both sides of my neck and in my groin. Literally for over a decade I've been scared to death of havig cancer. I went to three docs over the years and they seemed lIke they werent a big deal. Obviously I can't have had an infection for 10 years. So that's just dumb, but the doc ordered tests to check anyway. All clean. My blood work is normal. I'm really thin, so maybe that's why they are so prevalent on me? No clue. If I had cancer surely it would have spread by now?? Idk. I'm too scared to get them biopsied. (Stupid, I know). And it is so expensive to even go to a doctor. Much less have something done! All the tests you did must have hurt the bank. Especially since yiu still dont know whats wrong (if anything. Some people just have larger nodes). But joining this forum helped a lot. There are SO many people with the same thing. There is like a 1% chance that you have lymphoma even if they are bigger than 2 cm. (Which a couple mine are). I suggest keeping a journal! I get more paranoid when I'm hormonal, so that helps me rationalize that I'm not dying. Haha but really.. anyway.. hope this helps at least a little. You are not alone!!

• Posted

I have swollen lymph node since august. Back in February I started feeling ill . Had a really bad cold for weeks and my lung hurt so doctor gave me steroids which later caused to have issues with drainage and mucas between my nose and mouth. Back in june I got married and my throath hurt so they prescribed me zpak . Same month my stomach started hurting and I finished in ER. They did all testing , CT of abdomen and lungs, ultrasound of pelvic - all normal . Sometimes in august I felt lymph node under jaw, i would say its on neck that was small and movable but didnt hurt. They did ultrasound in November and it showed 2.1 cm lymph node( they said Its probably). In december I found out that I am pregnant and my lymph nodes started hurting, my neck too, I have shooting pain in that side of tonsil that is red , My ear hurts, having headaches , and my jaw feels sometimes numbed, sometimes its hard to move my neck. I have feeling like something has grown inside throath and it moves while I'm swallowing food. I had endoscopy in October too for stomach which showed everything was normal . I saw ENT ( she looked for 5 min and said Its from widsom tooth or H pylori). Now I got swollen area under my jawline and it hurts on touch. I went to dentist surgeon who looked and said that those lymph nodes are not from tooth and its best to wait until baby is born to have them removed. I have H pylori and UTI infections too. If I put garlic and honey mixed on this area in the morning it shrinks but during day again expands to same size. I am afraid of lymphoma to death . I am supposed to see one of best ENTS and surgeons in town this following tuesday . I did pregnancy CBC and showed elevated WBC count 11.6- which refers to some infection in body . I hate when doctors can't figure out what is wrong and it takes me 1 year to get diagnosis.

• Posted

I have swollen lymph node since august. Back in February I started feeling ill . Had a really bad cold for weeks and my lung hurt so doctor gave me steroids which later caused to have issues with drainage and mucas between my nose and mouth. Back in june I got married and my throath hurt so they prescribed me zpak . Same month my stomach started hurting and I finished in ER. They did all testing , CT of abdomen and lungs, ultrasound of pelvic - all normal . Sometimes in august I felt lymph node under jaw, i would say its on neck that was small and movable but didnt hurt. They did ultrasound in November and it showed 2.1 cm lymph node( they said Its probably). In december I found out that I am pregnant and my lymph nodes started hurting, my neck too, I have shooting pain in that side of tonsil that is red , My ear hurts, having headaches , and my jaw feels sometimes numbed, sometimes its hard to move my neck. I have feeling like something has grown inside throath and it moves while I'm swallowing food. I had endoscopy in October too for stomach which showed everything was normal . I saw ENT ( she looked for 5 min and said Its from widsom tooth or H pylori). Now I got swollen area under my jawline and it hurts on touch. I went to dentist surgeon who looked and said that those lymph nodes are not from tooth and its best to wait until baby is born to have them removed. I have H pylori and UTI infections too. If I put garlic and honey mixed on this area in the morning it shrinks but during day again expands to same size. I am afraid of lymphoma to death . I am supposed to see one of best ENTS and surgeons in town this following tuesday . I did pregnancy CBC and showed elevated WBC count 11.6- which refers to some infection in body . I hate when doctors can't figure out what is wrong and it takes me 1 year to get diagnosis.

• Posted

Hi anesa do you find any answer about lymph node and lymph node pain?
  • Posted

• Posted

Oh gosh bless your heart! I feel your pain. I have three that are over 2cms.. Saw two ents that aren't concerned about it at all! I've seen several doctors that either. Sometimes I feel like mine get smaller and bigger too. Sometimes I get a dull aching pain in that side of my neck. I have stomach issues as well I have what is called SIBO. Its crazy. So sorry to hear this. Hope the appt goes well please keep us updated. I am having surgery on my nose soon (severely deviated septum) I'm always so scared of cancers to and lymphoma. Try not to worry though! If it were that they probably would've found it already. I know the struggle. Let's keep each other up to date

• Posted

I saw ENT and he didn't say much just like " nothing concerning ". I have headaches and today my whole ride side of head was numb so I couldn't open my mouth. I started having some chest pressure too .

• Posted

The ENT send me to do CT with contrast which I have to wait until I'm 5 months pregnant so i can do CT.

• Posted

I'm so scared about glands!!!! 9 weeks ago noticed lump in my neck in wrecked went docs bloods tests later came out I have glandular fever, they go up and down and really hurt, now found out I also have a wisdom tooth infection, there still up I know I've had things that cause them to come up! But for 9 weeks! My neck wrecks! It's all the right  hand side!!! Xxx

• Posted

Have your doctor check for a salivary gland stone.  I had a large, persistent and periodically infected lymph node in my neck until the stone erupted on its own.  It measured 11 mm!
  • Posted

Dear All,  I am writting to you for advice... I have had a small enlarged lymph node in the back of my nexk and what I think are some more near my collar bone.  I have also have two large lumps under my arms. I have had 3 x lots of clear FBC/ESR/LDH over this time (as well as normal thyroid, liver function etc).  I have had U/S on my abdomen, upper left quadrant i.e. my spleen, kidneys and liver.  I have had the enlarge nodes U/S'ed and they have all come back as normal.  Like KM I have also started with GI symptoms and wierdly have pain in my hips and lower back. I cant feel any enlarged nodes in my groin....  Can anyone help me as to what is going on.... I have 2 very small children and am terrified it is lymphoma - The GP keeps telling me it is stress..... x

• Posted

I'm so scared about glands!!!! 9 weeks ago noticed lump in my neck in wrecked went docs bloods tests later came out I have glandular fever, they go up and down and really hurt, now found out I also have a wisdom tooth infection, there still up I know I've had things that cause them to come up! But for 9 weeks! My neck wrecks! It's all the right  hand side!!! Xxx

• Posted

I have the exact same symptoms as you, (lump in my arm pit, lumps at my collar bone,  no enlarged groin nodes, lower back pain) and was wondering if you ever got it checked out. I’m also terrified that it’s lymphoma. 
    • Posted

Mindy I’m still suffering now!! I’m so anxious I have lymphoma 😫😫😫

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.