Swollen lymph nodes for 7-8 years

Posted , 101 users are following.

Hello,

I'm a 22 year old male and as the title says I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and armpits for almost 8 years. It started when I was around 15 years old with a one or two nodes getting swollen in my neck. The GP said it was nothing so I haven't paid any more attention to them. Over the following few weeks I noticed a few more in my neck and a few in my armpits. They are around 0.5cm - 2.5cm in size, hard, painless and movable and haven't changed in these 7-8 years. I have no other symptoms.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 likes, 186 replies

186 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Swollen lymph nodes is something worth consideration. Interesting thing is that it lasts for so many years, are you sure there are no sympthoms and your condition is permanent?

Lymphadenopathia is a condition you experience and it is something that needs explanation. Cause may be serious, therefore tests have to be performed. Most causes of aforementioned state need just antibiotics.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, 

Im sure its permanent,  I have had them swollen for almost 8 years. I recently had ultrasound of abdominal area which showed no swelling of lymph nodes there.

• Posted

If you had a test not so long ago it means that doctors try to help you, so I assume basic examinations were done already. I'd like to know the results. (Especially the level of lymphocytes)

• Posted

I only had the ultrasound which came back clear. Why do you want to know the level of lymphocytes in particular?
    • Posted

independently from the result, it will significantly restrict search area
  • Posted

Hi anymore  update on these nodes lol .  I suffer bad aniexty  and I have 3 nodes together I've been so to many doctors they said I was worrying  to much it  was a muscle I found a doctor who said it felt like 3.... I also had a scan a month ago he said was a few to about 3cms  he reported back to the doctor normal lymph node essential a normal neck ultrasound....  I keep getting pain n them I don't no if I keep touching them all day I've made them sore.  My eosinophils  white cell it high at 9.... Normal over the past year it tends to be around 7 range doctor said it's my hayfever . Any advice would be good pleasr
    • Posted

Hey, I've had all the lymph nodes on my right side swollen for nearly two years and one on my left! I have severe anxiety too and every so often get freaked out that their still up! I've had endless tests and everything came back negative! I just think some people have ones that are larger and more prominant than others! 

The fact there are lots of people online with the same sort of issue suggets that it may be a "common" thing (:

Don't worry too much and try try not to google anything because it comes up with scary stuff that'll make your anxiety even worse sad 

• Posted

hi ambee, I got some advices:

Stop seeing those doctors, sue them for making u worry and wasting ur time too, get some profits from it lol

go to see a holistic doctor, tell them u have these lumps for a long time and u wanna get rid of it, they should be able to do it (these lumps are harmless btw, but stll very annoying, it freaks u out right? and make us differ from others too)

don't forget to thank me if it helps :D

good luck

• Posted

I agree! I have had mine for 6 years and it's created weird symptoms like racing heart, stuffed up nose, eye strain and neck stiffness and soreness all on one side. All of the doctors have brushed me off and then suggest thousands of expensive tests, which always come back normal.

Hopefully, the more we share our stories, the more attention it'll get. Especially from doctors who care about finding the solution and not getting us hooked in their money grabbing cycle.

I've found relief from changing my diet. But, my lymph node is still swollen and my symptoms still attack me at night.

• Edited

Hey Ivan! I am Kenan, 18 years old. An athlete and studying in high school. I have this exact same thing basically. I have had these lymph nodes like swelled for since like when I was 10 years old or even more ahead back and I feel completely healthy and competing in Swedish Championship for athletics etc. I saw this thread and makes me feel ok about it more. Because I just feel great and they just sit there, it's permanent and they aren't doing anything. I was just sceptic about thinking it too serious but I just feel normal. My brother also has some and he is 29 soon and for sure had it too when he was younger and I am very much alike him. I believe this is just permanent and is not harming, sometimse I even play games with them haha. Good luck and I am happy to see it's not just me about this.
    • Posted

Hiya were bouts is it u can feel your lymth nodes....  I feel them around my jaw I keep playing with them and they start to hurt been there bout 5 months
    • Posted

Everyone have like lymph nodes around the jaw and are able to feel them, I played with them a lil and started kinda get misplaced but it feel back to place after not playing with them, it's ok now. But everyone has it, and feelable but maybe not as much as some others, like I. Though I have lymph nodes in my groin, neck, 1 on each bicep, like everywhere they are in a normal human body for any person but they are a lil more feelable. Under the leg I can feel some too. But I have no noticing symptom. Just walking around with this. 
    • Posted

hey there, dunno if you still follow this but when i was 15 going on 16 i read about lymph nodes and how it should be checked if they were swollen, i checked my own and sure enough they were, i had terrible anxiety about this for a long time coz i had them under my chin, in my neck and in my groin i got it checked but the doctor said it was nothing and i had a blood test a year later and that was all cool, never had any other symptoms of any sort, eventually i forgot about it completely until recently i remembered and now my anxiety has come back, im now 18 and it will have been 3 years in a couple of months, just wanted to see how you were doing and if you have any advice because i am really not coping well, cheers.
    • Edited

I've struggled so much with health anxiety! I have had every blood test avaliable. My doctor reassures me that some people may have larger lymph nodes than others and for some they may be easier to feel. 

I have swollen lymph nodes under my jaw and down my neck. I was convinced it was cancer or HIV or something but all tests show uo negative.

I am 22 also and I can totally relate to how you're feeling. Sometimes anxeity actual makes your symptoms worse. Try to not touch them which will eventually help you stop worrying. If you need more reassurance go back to your doctor just to put your mind a rest. 

But after all the research I've done its quite common for people to have 'swollen or large glands' even though it say's it might be something dangerous.

Oh try not to google anything it will drive your mind crazy!

hope this helps. 

• Posted

You're right about anxiety making symptoms worse, or at least thats what i think, because that whole year and a bit that i just forgot about it i felt fine and fit as fiddle, but ever since i remembered it i start feeling ill and like i dont want to eat etc. so im fairly sure it's just because i've been so stressed. What are your nodes like? Soft, hard, painful, painless? just a curious question,

Thanks for your feedback, feeling a bit better knowing i'm not alone

• Posted

I'm 24 and have the same thing... I've had them for like 10 years. I have a large on on my left side of my neck. The rest are small, but I can definitely feel them above my collar bone and in my groin area. My anxiety is maxed OUT about it, but I'm SO scared of doctors. I feel completely fine and they don't hurt at all. The one on my left (size of a grape) hurts sometimes because it is so big, but it is usually after I push on it or something. It as literally been 10 years since I've noticed them. This website has helped so much because Google is AWFUL when it comes to health related questions. Everything said it was lymphoma.. but I should be dead by now if it is. My blood work was all okay a few weeks years ago and last year. I'm really thin, but the meds I'm on reduce appetite.. sooooo... that's pretty much due to that I guess. Anyway, thank you for posting this!!

• Posted

hi, I got some advices:

Stop seeing those doctors, sue them for making u worry and wasting ur time too, get some profits from it lol

go to see a holistic doctor, tell them u have these lumps for a long time and u wanna get rid of it, they should be able to do it (these lumps are harmless btw, but stll very annoying, it freaks u out right? and make us differ from others too)

don't forget to thank me if it helps :D

good luck

• Posted

That's where mine are located as well. It started to hurt when it hit the nerve in my jaw but the lymphnodes themselves don't hurt.

• Posted

I’m Hamish and I am 15 I have had lymph nodes in my neck and the lower neck and they have been there for about 6 months and there are each 1 cm I don’t know if that means there are swollen or not can anyone help
    • Posted

thank you for this 😂 im 14 and ive had swollen lymph nodes for about 3-4 years,, i whent to the doctor once and they said im fine and im going to the doctor again in a few days,, i feel completely fine aside from the fact that im a vegetarian and probably not getting the vitamins i need, but this makes me feel so much better!!! all of mine are fairly small and painless too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.