I have swollen lymph nodes around my ear and jaw

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey there.

I have had swollen lymph nodes around my left jawline/ ear (in the front) for 8 weeks now. I went to see a physician about 4 weeks ago. She wasn't worried. She agreed I had swollen glands but said it was just an infection. She didn't check out my throat or ears, but rather told me to not worry and sent me on my way. So I didn't worry. But now the left side of my neck is beginning to ache in the area, and I can tell that the gland below my left jawline is becoming more noticeable. It's not tender to the touch, but I can tell they there. I suppose I'm asking, should I return to the doc? And if so, what questions should I ask so as to leave with some peace of mind.

Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've been having issues for 6 years and there are few things I wish someone told me so I could get closer to the solution. First, I would suggest going for a holistic doctor--this is something I'm doing right now, because all the doctors will try to upsell you and they don't care about fixing your issue--that cares about your problem.

Second, check to see if you have any oral trauma, like impacted wisdom teeth. In my case, I suspect that an unaddressed infected cartilage piercing might be the source. If you have any piercings that were not addressed bring this up to your physician.

Third, prayer is getting me through all this trauma. The isolation, gaslighting can add to the anxiety. It's hard to know who to trust. I lay my troubles at the feet of Jesus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.