Multiple Abnormal Lymphnodes in Armpit

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I have had swollen nodes in my left armpit for over 1.5 years. The doctors that feel them are not concerned, but then I had an ultrasound earlier this year in February. the doctor at the time told me no issues all was good. I changed doctors who reviewed the notes and they say there is no sign of malignancy but there are multiple abnormal swollen lymph nodes. now almost a year later I am just finding out!

have any of you heard of this? what could it mean? online it appears abnormal could mean many things but it keeps leading me back to cancer. the nodes are soft and moveable. they are not hard and fixed.

thank you for sharing your opinion.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would like to add I am in a lot of pain in the left shoulder/upper armpit area towards pectoral/breast. The pain can come and go. possibly due to inflammation or the nodes pushing on things.

• Posted

did you ever get any updates? if they arent growing in that amount of time thats obviously a very good sign.

• Posted

yes they were biopsied and results were benign 😃 hope you are doing well

• Posted

I know this was ages ago, but how are you? Did they ever go away?

I'm in the EXACT same boat for the last 5 weeks.

Soft, movable nodes, painful armpit. Clear ultrasound 🤷🏼‍♀️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.