11.7 cm complex cyst on left ovary

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there , 

Im having surgery to remove an 11.7cm complex cyst. It has solid nodule. No free fluid. Septated ovarian cyst with solid nodule is what it says. Im freaking out this is cancer with everything i have been googling. Please tell me others have had complex cyst with some solid and been benign. I cant stop worrying. I originally was going to have surgery the end of July but i asked for it to be sooned. Im so worried about cancer. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I had the same surgery done about 3 months ago and mine was benign i am doing fine now i had my ovary and tune taking out u are going to be ok
    • Posted

Im so worried cause it says complex septated cyst with solid nodule. Im so scared its cancer. Im having the worst anxiety over it today. I tried looking for a facebook group but no luck. Thanks for replying. What were your circumstances?

• Posted

I also joined a facebook group of 9k people and had no luck. Really I guess none of them have the same issue. I have surgery this Friday to remove a huge complex cyst.  I'm not sure I have any good idea's to calm your anxiety.  I'm having mine done at a cancer wing of the hospital so there is a possibility for me too.  I just feel like screaming, "I'm having surgery, I'm freaking out!!" don't take after me. The surgeon yesterday went over all the worst case scenarios with me and freaked me out too. But he also said, when they are big they are usually benign. But it was also very serious meeting and made my very frightened. I'm not sure how much he told me would be helpful or worsen your anxiety about it.  I'm just like a deer in headlights going through the motions there will be no way to know until they cut it out and biopsy it.  You're not alone though. If you need to talk you can message me.

• Posted

Im so worried cause it says complex septated cyst with solid nodule. Im so scared its cancer. Im having the worst anxiety over it today. I tried looking for a facebook group but no luck. Thanks for replying. What were your circumstances?
  • Posted

The same thing with a complex cysts but mine had fluid in it and it can out non cancerous don't get yourself all work out over nothing u will be ok i was the same way worring about it and mine was fine u just have to leave it to the man upstairs like i did

• Posted

No free fluid is a good phrase, malignant cysts generally have free fluid. Try not to worry.
  • Posted

Hi sorry I dont know how to answer this

I had a adnexal cyst pop the day before I coild go to see my obgyn for ultrasound and now we dont know what type it was.So much pain on right lower quadrant and dr.wont refill my pain meds.I just want it out and have fibroids So painful can barly walk

Did do you have these symptoms as well.Now Im scared to death a cancerous cyst poped inside me. They dont seem to worried Im dying with worry as well

Hope all will be well

• Posted

Just over two weeks ago I had a 32 cm cyst removed from my left ovary .. as it was so big I was terrified it was going to be cancerous but it came back begin my thoughts are with. I am doing ok just lack of energy and some discomfort at present
  • Posted

I had a large cyst removed a couple of years ago. It was septated and had nodules, everything I read did sound the worst so I know what you’re feeling, I remember the anxiety.  Mine wasn’t cancer but was a borderline result. Hope this helps. Good luck x
  • Posted

Hi I am having a similar kind of cyst like you, do you mind telling us how did it go after the surgery? It would be really helpful. I am also so freaking out at the moment. My surgery is in 6 days. 
    • Posted

Hello, i had an 11.7 cm cyst on my left ovary.  It was a complex septated cyst with solid nodules. No free fluid ( which was good because it didnt leak) i had a laparoscopy with three holes. One was bigger to get the mass through. I had a hard time in recovery, i was in alot of pain and had a hard time standing up. I finally did it and was able to go home.  It took a few weeks to not be in alot of pain in the area of the bigger incision/hole as they tugged and pulled and muscles were healing so i was having a hard time.  Mine did come back with low grade malignancy. It was contained to the mass so when hey cut it out it was out and nothing spilled so i am okay now. No need for chemo or anything. I am four weeks out and still have twinges of pain but im doing very well now. I also had a prolapse rectum and bladder that was repaired.  Good luck with your surgery. If you need anyone to chat with you can add me on facebook . My name on there is tracy dill marraffa . 
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply. I am having more pain these days and bleeding as well. Did they do any CA 125 test prior to the surgery? If yes can you tell me how much it was. Mine was 62 so its a bit high but not on the red alert. I am trying to ease my mind and thinking positive and hopeful. I will def add you. take care
    • Posted

I wouldn't worry too much about the ca-125 mine was negative and my cyst ended up being cancer. I have read other women's posts who've had numbers closer to 100 and their cysts were benign. It's not really definitive for ovarian cancer, at least that is what my gynecological oncologist surgeon told me before my surgery.

• Posted

No I didnt have that test.  That test can read high for other reasons than cancer so my doc didnt do the test. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.