11 days after anterior and posterior pelvic floor repair and I’m still so uncomfortable

Posted , 6 users are following.

After years of rectal and vaginal pain and pressure i finally had a repair operation 11 days ago. I expected to have some pain etc but i feel the symptoms are even worse than before my op. i can barely sit for the rectal pain. Im hoping its just early days and its just the healing process but im also worried that something else is wrong.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Marianne, you have been cut in very tender places. The posterior repair may also have an incision across the perineum. You should be laying down as much as possible with your feet up until this heals as you are sitting on a cut which has stitches in. Can you get a donut cushion? That may help. Take Ibuprofen until you feel better. These procedures take 2-3 months to heal completely so do be kind to yourself. No lifting or standing more than 5 minutes until you feel better. Take care of yourself....you dont have to be Wonder Woman.Absolutely no sex for at least 10 weeks.

• Edited

hi! I am 6 day post op from an anterior and posterior colporrhaphy. i get completely exhausted if i stand for any amount of time. i almost passed out in the shower yesterday. i go next wednesday for my 2 week follow up and i am worried about how tight my vagina feels. i also threw up alot after anesthesia and i worry i may have somehow pulled a stitch. as far as pain, i stopped taking my prescribed pain meds because of the constipation and how it made my butt feel. i also ordered a squatty potty and that has helped alot. it seems that my butt pain is worse if i have even half a turd in there. i spend the majority if my day laying down.

does it feel like there is still a ball in your vagina? does your vagina feel tight? i was not expecting this much pain. i also do not understand how i am supposed to be well enough to have sex at 6 weeks but in recovery for 12 weeks. im feeling very lost in that department and do not want to do this again. i am 38. how old are you?

• Edited

i had my post and anterior repain 7/20 you and I are about the same, I think? i still can't sit for long on the couch...I STILL feel like I have the rectocele.

I'm also...stinky😭 I never stink there...yes, I'm showered or bathed daily lol, but still, ew. that just started maybe 2 days ago.

• Posted

hi i'm 7days after my op, i've been ok until today so achy and tired, i stopped bleeding but went to the toilet today and wiped and noticed abit of fresh blood not much, but I feel like my ovaries are hurting, would surgery make your period come early?

i've been sat up right in a car for about an hour yesterday i needed to get out of the house would this have caused any problems. i'm so scared of un doing things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.