11 days on Clob and already a raging UTI !

Posted , 7 users are following.

11 days I've been smearing this ointment on what's left of my inner labia and yesterday the tell-tale signs of a UTI began. Today it's in full rage!  I just had this awful feeling when I was told to do this that that much messing around down there was only going to cause grief - I was right! Yes, I do wash my hands before applying it and my GYN told me I could apply it while sitting on the toilet. Well, I did that a few days but it felt very dirty to me to be sitting there and doing that, so I switched to standing which made getting to the right spot even harder.  Has anyone else gotten a UTI from the ointment application. I'm going to assume it's NOT the medication, but the application and bacteria sticking to that ointment and travelling into my urethra.  Your thoughts are appreciated. sad

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Jacqueline,

I stopped using Clob when I felt the intense burning (when I was in the US).  I tried several natural oinments to little use.  In Europe, I went to a more knowledgeable gyn who prescribed a natural product to be used for 60 days(not available in US).  It consists of sunflower and jojoba.  So, I looked up these ingredients for LS for you and found an older posting by someone else over a year ago... here it is.  What this is teaching me is to be more respectful and caring for my body.  Hope you can calm down and find ways to be more gentle with your condition.  

As you've read on this forum, I trust vulva dermatologist is more reliable than a GYN for LS... "lisette • over a year ago

Hi, sorry your so worried about your biopsies especially as stress doesn't help the LS. The same as you I had a patch in the same area and it was very hard to see (you needed three hands!). I found a mirror on a stand , gave me both hands free. Don't worry about the anaesthetic, hey your asleep so you cannot feel anything. I had my biopsies by local anaesthetic and appart from walking like John Wayne afterward, I would say the discomfort was like a LS flare up,sore but not awful. Warm bath with sea salt helps. I have had six full anaesthetics in my life and it wouldn't worry me at all to have another, it was while I was having investigations for womb cancer they sent me to a vulvar clinic for LS. Once you get your LS under control you will feel better.We are all different and its finding what suits you. For me its the little things like-after washing your cotton underwear ,always rinse them separately in clean water.You would be amazed on the amount of suds left in. This can irratate me and start a flare up. My Gyne recommended a lubricant called Astroglide Gel, the Gel is thicker than normal lub so works well. (I don't like Astroglide Gel, it feels too 'synthetic')... It's important to keep the area lubricated, so for every day use I use Jojoba oil,comes in 8oz plastic bottle.They say its the nearest to the skins natural sebum. Jojoba comes in an essential oil as well a little bottle ,this is too concentrated , for bath use only. I would suggest get yourself sorted befor you try anything.You need to heal first then keep possitive we are all here , let us know how you get on. Take care. x"

• Posted

Hi V, Were you in France, by chance? Did you have a good gyn here? I'm in Paris and a bit overwhelmed... sad
    • Posted

My gyn's in Lugano, Switzerland. What works is, not scratching.  After shower (alternating warm/cold water to cool off the sensitivity), after the vagina is gently dry, to apply the oinment or cream.  

Drinking lots of water, organic veggie juicing, probiotics, fasting, enema, not scratching, keeping the area clean and moist with organic oinments... so far, same same.  After over a month of this new gyn's prescription, no noticeable change.  

Still researching - comparing Clobestasol with Betamethasone with organic products.  Body teaching us patience, respectful and vigilent...

• Posted

Jacqueline, have you got LS symptoms – white patch, a tear, soreness right on your urethral meatus? Because I never touch that when applying clob. It sounds like squatting over a hands-free mirror would work better for you. After you get the UTI cleared up, as Vibrant Health says.
  • Posted

I have not yet had a urinary tract infection.  Why not?  Perhaps it is that I all the time after urinating rinse with warm water down there, before applying any ointment.  True, my bathroom visits take time, but careful handling may be worthwhile in the long run.  

To help my body's immune system I also take 1000mg of vitamine C.

And I have noticed that taking in enough fluid like water or tea helps support same.  (that's my latest findings after I started to retain fluid)  

The human body is mysterious, lots to discover.   

• Posted

hi jacqueline

so sorry to hear that you're suffering.

i think it would be nice for you to find another opportunity to apply whatever ointment you are using....rather than the lavatory. its clearly awkward for you and not a positive association.

how about after a shower taking a towel and going to lie on your bed where you can relax ...stretch a lazy arm out to reach your mirror on a stand  at the side of your bed...and in a rather more regal way have a good deco at your lovely labia...even if you have only a withered remain....take delight in what is there! You can apply your creams and so on in a much more relaxed and happy frame of mind in this way; and, I would hope, as a result, you'll have a more positive experience and an easier and more comfortable attitude towards your beautiful self! think venus with her mirror and the cherubs holding it for her....what is the name of that painting.....?

thinking of you and hope you can enjoy relishing yourself again soon!

loads of love marey x

ps come and say hello to us on the alternative meds site...all welcome! am hoping a woman who healed herself will be encouraged to come onto the site and chat with us about her experience!

• Posted

I've also experienced some trouble with UTIs and applying the medication. I've had  two UTI infections in three months. The first UTI I was prescribed Cipro.  Cipro created havoc on  my immune system. I developed all these awful side effects.  When I went back and was diagnosed with a UTI infection again and I was prescribed Macrobid. I went home and thought about it and decided not to take antibiotic. I've been taking a supplement called  D-Mannose for my UTIs. I read in a natural health website that to get rid of UTI, if it is   E. coli bacteria taking D-Mannose every 2 to 3 hours for several days would rid me of my UTI.  I had nothing to lose so I tried it. When I went back to my gynecologist and she did a urine culture my UTI was gone. I confessed to her that I had not taken  the antibiotic and instead had taken an herbal supplement. If your UTI is not based on the E. coli bacteria  there are other supplements that you can take to get rid of your  UTI. I take D-Mannose twice daily for maintanence so far so good. 
  • Posted

I meant to say drink lots of water with the D-Mannose. I hope it will work for you.
    • Posted

this is inspiring wil....thanks so much for this info for others...its just what we need to build up a body of common knowledge. thank you so much again! Gold star ! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.