11 Days Post Op

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had Cartiva insertion, bone spur removal and bunion removal 11 days ago by Dr John Reach at Yale New Haven. I had my stitches out today and am feeling good. I was able to wear an old worn running shoe on the affected foot today after dressing and stitches removed. Boy that felt good! I have moderate swelling and minimum pain. I am trying to continue to lay low most days with foot elevated. I take my pain medication at night before bed only and tylenol as needed during the day. I do my own toe exercises during the day until PT starts next week. So far so good.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

so glad for you. encouraging for me. having surgery on my toes this morning. it is a different surgery but it is on the foot.

• Posted

@runnerlori

I am following, I am a fellow CT Cartiva bilateral, just sent you a pm.

Let us know how you are doing!

• Posted

I have stage 4 hallux rigidus and bone spurs as well. What stage did you have? If you don't mind me asking your age. I'm 64 and have had this problem for years. I don't have a lot of pain, but are limited in my shoe choice.

• Posted

I am 55 and had stage 4 HR. I was tired of wearing flats. I also could not get off the floor without rolling to my side! I could not bend my big toe AT ALL. This problem would have only gotten worse. I look forward to being able to bend big toe again and to wearing heels.

• Posted

I would say I was stage 3/4 on my left, and 4 on my right. I am 45, male 210 lbs 5"10'.

The left has really amazing ROM, and now at 6 months, except for ball of foot pain, is great shape.

The right was worse, at 4 months out now, and initially it took alot more time to gain ROM, but now slowly it is improving.

I am going to the gym, riding a bike, running 10 mins at a time on the treadmill. Able to function mostly normally.

I used a medical marijuana card, used a CBD cream for pain relief which was fantastic and took no tylenol or advil for the first 6 months at all. So i have stopped the marijuana, and only take advil when needed, about 2-3x once a day 2 pills, which is great.

I did buy Mary Jane's Salve, a great massage and pain relief product I use on my feet when I was in CO, this wa an absolute life saver, aslo helped heel the scars.

I

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.