Skip to content

Foot and Toe Problems

Also known as Club Foot, Corns, Flat Feet, Hallux Rigidus, Heel Problems, Metatarsalgia, Morton's Neuroma, Toe Problems

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Cbdgirl Cbdgirl

Little toe

Hey, so my right foot, the little toe i can make it move extreemly differently to my left little. It bends in half basicly and make it pretty much vertical. I can move it still as ive  been practicing wiggling my little toes while keeping other toes still . but its very bendy not a lot of feeling...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hammer toe fusion surgery

Had 2345 toes fused on thursday...pins in all toes...currently in a heel shoe ....is there anyone who has had similar and how have you gone on...theyre gonna take stitches out in 2 week....pins out in 6 week..two storey house so stairs are quite tricky... Any info appreciated...tina

Last reply
  • Little toe

Hey, so my right foot, the little toe i can make it move extreemly differently to my left little. It bends in half basicly and make it pretty much vertical. I can move it still as ive  been practicing wiggling my little toes while keeping other toes still . but its very bendy not a lot of feeling...

Posted
  • After toe fusion

I had toe fusion 3rd toe left foot in January this year and we're heading to end of June and I still cannot walk on it properly I hobble and its all the bones in my foot that hurt has anyone else had this done and do you suffer the same way?

Last reply
  • Plantar Plate Repair with Osteotomy - Recovery

I'm three weeks out from plantar plate repair with 2nd toe osteotomy. I'm not taking any pain medication at this point, but I'm concerned because I still get throbbing pains in my second toe and pulling, tingling sensations in the area that was repaired. I'm in a walking boot - weight...

Last reply
  • Feels like I’m walking on stones

It’s very painful walking. Sore and aching feet especially around the balls of my feet, it’s like walking on stones. I suffer from arthritis and gout but never had symptoms like this before. Any ideas? 

Last reply
  • Getting around with a knee scooter -- how do you do it?

I got a knee scooter on Friday, due to a broken foot, and am discovering a whole host of difficulties. For instance:   How do you put the scooter in the car and make it to the driver's seat without putting weight on the foot? I've been putting if in the driver's side backseat and...

Last reply
  • Thick and discouloured toe nail, is this a fungal infection?

After breaking a big toe about ten years ago, my partner has a thick discoloured toe nail along with a few extra thick nails that are extremely difficult to cut.  His little toe nail has also half liftted. I’m just wondering if it’s something that he should get looked at.  He says he’s never...

Last reply
  • Post foot fusion

Hi. Had fusion of foot bones end March.  Had plaster cast removed three weeks ago.  Had no pain when in plaster but now have boot and finding it difficult to wear and having pain.  Not sure if I am putting enough air in, or if too much.  Having X-ray in two weeks and then physio and...

Last reply
  • Plantars fasciitis and harden-painful tissue

I had pf surgery 16 months ago, and at this this point the supposed cure is worse than the disease. Second opinion orthopedic surgeon says I had bad luck with surgery. I'm doing phy therapy and cortisone shots. Getting no relief from what I would describe as tolerable uncomfortableness. Any ideas?...

Posted
  • last Christmas I tripped and have a Jones Fracture.

I was in a cast for 2 weeks, then a boot for 4 weeks. last month I went back to my Karate Do-Jo. after 3  1 hour sessions it was all too much and I am in a lot of pain, even walking I cant go very far without my foot aching. I have not had physio. also been told that it could take 12 months...

Last reply
  • Cartiva Recovery 15 Weeks Post Op - Anyone Else?

I had a Cartiva implant done 15 weeks ago on Feb. 27. Recovery had been a nightmare. So far have had, in this order: the big walking boot, the small walking boot, an "appropriate running shoe (wide), back to the small walking boot, back to the big walking boot today. I have been on Norco and then...

Last reply
  • Pain in the arch of my foot

I have been experiencing pain and extreme tenderness along a band from the side of my foot (on the inner side) to the middle of the bottom of my foot.  You can feel the band because it is kind of hard and it is swollen.  It did have a little bruising but that is gone.  The pain and tenderness...

Last reply
  • Displacement or not?

I had my 5th metatarsal base fracture 2 weeks ago, now in cast and don’t feel pain at all while putting weight on heels or the whole foot. Is it a sign that it’s healing? Is it a sign that the fracture isn’t dislocated? I just get slight skin irritation near ankle sometimes maybe that’s due to the cast...

Last reply
  • 5th Metatarsal Fracture Recovery

Hello. I have a number of questions. 8 weeks ago I broke my 5th metatarsal after falling. I just got out of my cast yesterday and was out in an air cast/boot. And the doctor left me with a number of questions unanswered and my next appointment isn't for 4 weeks with no physio or such before hand....

Last reply
  • My foot has been numb for 4 hours, what do I do?

I woke up from a nap today with my leg numb. I thought it was the occasional foot falling asleep. But It has been like this for 4 hours and I'm kind of scared. I can't walk on it, and im using crutches. If something touches the flat of my feet, for example a poke, it fels like a needle being...

Posted
  • Fifth metatarsal

I broke fifth metatarsal 6 weeks ago  It been a nightmare after 5 weeks dr recommend surgery cuz isn’t healing I’m deficient in vitamin D . She prescribed ergocal 50,000 every week. Last week she saw a little improvement. I have an app next Thursday . I’m just crossing my fingers I’m not a big fan...

Last reply
  • Am I getting Tailors Bunions

So it looks like I'm getting a tailors bunion on both feet however they're not the biggest. My little toe is beginning to point inward (see pic for detail) and seems to be a lump on my foot. Im pre 20 yrs a ski instructor, and preparing to train as a mountain guide a few years down the line so...

Last reply
  • Jones Fracture / 5th metatarsal fracture

June 28 , almost 3 weeks ago, I rolled my ankle while running and immediately knew something was wrong. I didn't even try walking on it so I just hopped my way to my room and had my mom put ice on it. It was swollen and hurt but pain was bearable. I took advil anyway because I'm a wuss and was...

Last reply
  • Hi, anyone out there with Freibergs? Most posts are rather dated

I was diagnosed with Freibergs a year after being told I had tendonitis. As it was stage 5 they quickly operated 2 years ago, for the first 6 months I was pleased but then gradually the pain started again and worse 2 of my toes hammered.. I have just had surgery again (11 days ago)  and now have...

Posted
  • Big Toe Infection

Hi All Last Saturday my right big toe became swollen and very painful. It’s happened a few times which leads me to believe it may be a fracture I’ve never had disagnoaed but has never healed . I’ve been tested for gout which came back negative. Does anyone know of any good home remedies?  Thanks...

Last reply
  • 5th metatarsal fracture- 1 week dekayed visit to hospital

Hello, I’m 24 years old. I twisted my foot from a tiny step and kept walking for around a week,limping and frequent pain shocks. I went to hospital after a week where they informed me about the fifth metatarsal base fracture which needed operation, they did put on a cast. On the day of operation the...

Last reply
  • Can't move my toes, help!

I had a 2nd metatarsal fracture on 31st Dec and from that moment have not been able to move my toes. I can move them with my hand only. It doesn't hurt to do that. Should I be able to move them by now? I can feel them but that sensation is slightly reduced. I try to move them every day but there...

Posted
  • Peripheral Artery Disease

I would like to say how sorry I am to read all these stories of all the parties in here with the peripheral issues. I share your pain. At the age of 38 I had an ant bite on my foot that for some reason would not heal. I am a juvenile diabetic for starters. After going to my MD and then sent to Podiatrist...

Last reply
  • EHL tendon surgery recovery

Hi I had surgery to rejoin my EHL tendon. This is the tendon on the top of your foot to move your big toe. These surgeries can sometime be unsuccessful, where the tendon comes unattached after surgery. Since the surgery 2 weeks ago, I've had a couple of sharp pains when I've accidently moved...

Posted
  • Cavus foot . So scared of als :( please reply

Someone please help me . I have been whinging on here that I twitch very frequently and that I felt a month or so back That I was slurring my words . The slurring has stopped I think . The twitching is still strong but u keep telling myself it’s just anxiety . My feet have been causing me pain lately...

Last reply
  • Cartiva

I am having the Cartiva implant done in about 3 weeks.   They make it sound like the recovery process is not bad, but reading some of the responses make it sound like it could be weeks before the pain goes away and you are able to get around.   I had resisted the fusion for the past...

Last reply
  • What does physical therapy involve following cartiva implant?

I had a Cartiva implant rt. great toe almost 3 months ago.   my surgeon was going to order  P.T. on my last appointment but it was cancelled due to the Houston flooding.   I was wondering what kinds of exercises / stretches would be done in P.T.    I have been walking and moving...

Last reply
  • Arthritis of the Hallux DIP joint and Hallux Rigidus

I've had hallux rigidus Stage II for 2-3 years and now I just learned that the smaller joint of the big toe, the DIP joint (distal interphalangeal joint) also has bone spurs which is causing me even more pain the hallux rigidus. Does anyone else have both of these problems together? I definitely...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.