Skip to content

Foot and Toe Problems

Also known as Club Foot, Corns, Flat Feet, Hallux Rigidus, Heel Problems, Metatarsalgia, Morton's Neuroma, Toe Problems

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Total Reconstruction Foot surgery

Anyone have total reconstruction foot surgery?  I'm having surgery done in September for a 9mm tear in my posterior tibila tendon.  Since my foot is flat and i don't want to tear it again they suggested total reconstruction.   I hope I will be able to do most of my non impact …

Last reply
  • TEDIOUS RECOVERY from FOOT FUSION SURGERY

Hi. I'm Helen and I am in the fifth week of recovery from Fusion Surgery on my lateral and medial cunieforms I didn't realize when I signed up for this surgery about the difficulties I was about to incur from a non weight baring recovery I live in a 2 story house so I have to live on my …

Last reply
  • Navicular Stress Fracture, bone graft surgery to fuse the bones

Hello all, I had a Navicular stress fracture on my foot, and got a bone graft on July 20th. I had ankle issues for over 7 years and none of the doctors were able to diagnose it correctly. Finally, my podiatrist found the issue and put me in a boot right away. I was in a boot for about 3 months …

Posted
  • Flat foot surgery

I am considering flat foot surgery and want to if anyone has had the surgery and what was the outcome.

Last reply
  • Tarsal tunnel syndrome

Hello I have tarsal tunnel syndrome which was diagnosed by a nerve conduction test. I go back to see my foot and ankle surgeon in three weeks Does anyone else have this syndrome? If so how was it treated. So far all i know is mine is coursed by bruising and possibly a fracture of an old injury. …

Last reply
  • 5th Metatarsal Open Fracture Post Op Questions

Hello, I broke my 5th Metatarsal on June 19th causing an open fracture.  I did have surgery on June 29th to have a steel plate inserted at the fracture.  SO, I am 6 weeks post surgery.  Has anyone had this surgery, and have had any complications?  I still have numbness and …

Last reply
  • Cartiva Recovery 15 Weeks Post Op - Anyone Else?

I had a Cartiva implant done 15 weeks ago on Feb. 27. Recovery had been a nightmare. So far have had, in this order: the big walking boot, the small walking boot, an "appropriate running shoe (wide), back to the small walking boot, back to the big walking boot today. I have been on Norco and …

Last reply
  • Foot arch pain but no plantar fascia tear

I went for a 10km walk on Monday (which isn’t uncommon) and by that night my left arch was incredibly painful. I’ve been limping ever since and in quite a bit of pain so saw a podiatrist who asked me to get an ultrasound. No tears were visible- everything looked 100%. However I still have pain and …

Last reply
  • Depression after surgery

Hi, I had a surgery in June to repair my toe that was damaged in an accident a few years ago. The procedure was similar to a hammertoe surgery where my toe was pinned for 4 weeks. After the surgery I got severely depressed but came around after a little bit. Now I had the pin removed yesterday and …

Last reply
  • Fungus Toenail

Hi Can anyone advice me, I have had a fungus big toenail for the pass 4 months. I have been taking 250mg Terbinafine tables one a day as well as using Excilor treatment once in the morning and once in the evening but still the fungus remains. I am now getting fed up and would appreciate any advice?

Posted
  • Walking after broken foot and Lisfranc tear

I broke my foot 8 weeks ago, had an operation with a plate fitted and some screws and then cast for 5 weeks then a boot was put on just over a week ago. My consultant said my boot would need to be on for 6 weeks (partial weight bearing initially) Anyone got experience of being able to walk without …

Last reply
  • Corn pad left bulging red mark on toe.

Hi all, I had or believed I had a corn on my toe and have used over the counter corn pads with salicylic acid on both index toes. Unfortunately the pads dissolved all the skin on my toe and were simply too strong- it may not have been a corn I had in the first place. I have been left with an …

Posted
  • Base of the toenail is deteriorationg

recently, I discovered that the part of my toenail that connects to the skin has mostly disappeared. now, there is a gap between my skin and my toenail that is about 1 millimeter wide and 1 millimeter deep spanning across the base of my little toenail. At the bottom of the gap appears to be a small …

Posted
  • Fungal toenails

Has anyone any history/advice to deal with fungal toenails? I have on each toenail but am reluctant to embark on tablet solution.

Last reply
  • red, swollen, bump on toe?

ive had this bump on the top side of my big toe for years and it would only hurt every time I’d stub it or kick a ball or anything like that, normal stuff. it’s red and inflamed and hurts to put pressure on it. never gave me problem at any other time but I’ve always taken note that it was there. …

Posted
  • None union bone July 2018

Hi am 17 weeks post op fibula & tibia was doing really good waking with my crutches in my bear feet and then I got lumps so CT scan says none union bone so been put back in boot and PWB with crutches but so hard as I can do steps so have to get out of my house on my bum  They have got me …

Posted
  • OPTIONS FOR NON-UNION 5TH METATARSAL FRACTURE?

Hoping someone has had a similar experience and might be able to give me some advice! Over 4 months ago I broke my 5th metatarsal......I went to the local hospital, was told I needed to see the ortho surgeon, waited 5 hours, then sent home with a boot, no instruction and didn't see the ortho. & …

Last reply
  • Cartiva after failed metal fusion

Has anyone had success with Cartiva after having a failed fusion with metal plates and screws? I am in Columbus, Oh and have had two unsuccessful procedures at Ohio State University. I am considering Cartiva and am looking for new doctor in the Columbus area or Ohio. Also, any feedback or …

Last reply
  • Pain in 3rd toe

Hello, i get this horrible ‘pulling’ sensation under my third toe when I walk.  It feels like there is a tight thread in the toe stretching as I take a step and is very painful.  I haven’t got a neuroma or plantar fasciitis as have had a scan and x-rays.  The pain often subsided as …

Last reply
  • Big toe pain continues

Hi I had surgery done on my right foot around big toe about 8 months ago due to toothpick entered around big toe I was hoping that pain on big toe would be gone after 6-7 months but pain still continues. Visited doctor couple of times but he didnt suggest anything except telling me it will take …

Posted
  • What is going on with my toe and now my foot, painful?

Yesterday my big toe started hurting at the toe/foot joint. At first, I thought  it was my shoe because it would quit hurting if I took it off. But, it still hurt to touch the top of my foot at that joint. It was uncomfortable but not exactly painful to walk. Today, the ball of my foot is …

Last reply
  • Broken & Displaced 2nd, 3rd, & 4th metatarsals

On June 7, 2018 I broke the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th metatarsals in my right foot. On June 20, 2018 I had Internal Fixation to put in 3 plates and 12 screws. On July 9 my stitches were taken out, X-rays were taken, and I was told I could begin weight-bearing thru the heel of my foot only-nothing thru …

Last reply
  • 6 Weeks after Morton's Neuroma Surgery

So I am 6 weeks out from my Morton's Neuroma Surgery and my incision is finally mostly closed. I have been non weight bearing for the 6 weeks and am ready to start walking again. I am wondering if having swelling under the toes on the ball of the foot is normal? The pad is pretty big almost …

Last reply
  • Morton's Neuroma Post Nerve Sensations

So I am wondering for those who have had the surgery, when you massage the bottom of your foot, do you feel the nerve twinge, kinda shock a little when you press on the pad of the foot where the cut nerve end is. Does this sensation go away? So far when I walk I do not feel it but I do when I touch …

Last reply
  • How long does the 5 metatarsal take to heel?

I broke the 5th metatarsal this Saturday will be 5 weeks ago. The doctor put me in a hard cast on june 28th, 2018. I go back to see him tomorrow what should i be aware of. Should i take a regular shoe with me or not? Will i be able to put weight on it after the appointment tomorrow? No body is …

Last reply
  • Cartiva done 2 days ago - some advice for all...

Hi everyone. I was following another discussion about the Cartiva implant that was started a year ago and wanted to begin a new thread. I had my implant done on Feb 27, 2018. The procedure itself was uneventful - I was asleep and my doctor did give me three shots once I was out to numb my foot. The …

Last reply
  • do i need an operation

the second toe is bigger then all my other toes and the one next to that the joint is bent it's causing me a lot of pain do I need an operation to fix it

Posted
  • Triple arthrodesis

heel pain constantly can hardly get around in the morning. Any suggestions what I can do besides surgery. Just had total hip replacement and this heel has been hurting like this for at least 2 years, something happened when I stopped myself from falling and jerked my foot and it’s been like this …

Posted
  • Is this a sprain or strain, ligament or muscle injury?

I have in the past couple of hours stupidly done something to my foot/ankle.  I had been crossing my right leg over my left knee whilst typing on my laptop and when I stopped, my leg had 'gone to sleep'.  With an insistent cat miaowing for dinner, I got up immediately and tried to …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.