Skip to content
Ad

Foot and Toe Problems

Also known as Club Foot, Corns, Flat Feet, Hallux Rigidus, Heel Problems, Metatarsalgia, Morton's Neuroma, Toe Problems

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Should I get a fusion?

49 Year old Male with stage II to III HR in my left foot.  Ive heard some people and doctors say that the loss in ROM after a fusion doesn't inhibit activities for the most part. My toe is stiff and barely moves already, and there is nagging pain. With the fusion, it would still be stiffer,...

Last reply
  • Mid foot fusion.

Hiya. I had a mid foot fusion 2 weeks ago now. I am really struggling with non weight bearing. Has anyone else dealt with this please. I am crying with frustration. My husband and I are very keen walkers and it is really hard not being able to get out and about under my own steam. look forward to hearing...

Last reply
  • Make Myself Walk Properly After Metatarsal Fractures

Hi!  I fractured numbers 2, 3, 4 & 5 metatarsals (the neck area) in mid-March, tripping badly while following a map on my mobile (lesson learnt!).  I've moved from half-leg cast to off-loading shoe to 'slowly does it' weight bearing.  It's now nearly 15 weeks and, although...

Last reply
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease

I have had neuropathy in both feet for nearly two years, This was discovered by a podiatrist but I was not advised to see a doctor as it was not something that can usually be cured but I would only be sent to a pain clinic. As I have always had a phobia of doctors for various reasons, I decided to accept...

Last reply
  • Big toe fusion taking longer to fuse, getting worried!

Hi, I had a big toe fusion on 15th January 2015, at my six week check where the cast was removed & the toe xrayed, I was informed my fusion was only 70% fused & put back in plaster. Now I'm a week away from cast removal and next X-ray, I am starting to feel very anxious that it won't...

Last reply
  • Both second toes bent at tips. How to straighten them?

Hi there Ok so I am a 32 year old guy and for as long as I have known both my second toes have bent towards the third toes at a 45 degree angle. This only happens at the end joint at the toe tips. The toes are still flexible andthis is not hammer toe, mallet toe or anything else I can find online. I...

Last reply
  • 5th metatarsal mid shaft fracture..good news!

I thought I would just put a quick post re the experience of someone who has broken her 5th metatarsal, mid shaft, displaced although minimally, as a lot of the posts/articles on the internet seem to be very pessimistic and depressing.  So..my story..skip the detail if you want but have written...

Last reply
  • Recent Cartiva Surgery

Wondering how the people who posted and even last year are doing.had surgery a week ago. Do ok. I get around in the boot limited times! Any suggestions on recovery? Thanks.

Posted
  • Extensor tendon lengthening

Has any one had this surgery? was left with a sticky up toe after another surgery on different toes. They tell me that it may work and will be in a toe splint for some time. 

Posted
  • What is this on my big toe?

Hi - I've had something on the bottom of my big toe for several months now. I thought it was hard skin at first but it's not going away and doesn't feel like the rest of my hard skin. It's also now started becoming painful when I walk. It's a white circular thing that looks like...

Last reply
  • Right big toe burns

Every winter the tip of my right big toe burns. My podiatrist says it’s not gout. I don’t have diabetes. Prob mild arthritis but nothing severe. Could this be from pinched nerve elsewhere or raynauds?  None of my other toes are affected so doubtfully raynauds.

Posted
  • 5th Metatarsal Fracture Recovery

Hello. I have a number of questions. 8 weeks ago I broke my 5th metatarsal after falling. I just got out of my cast yesterday and was out in an air cast/boot. And the doctor left me with a number of questions unanswered and my next appointment isn't for 4 weeks with no physio or such before hand....

Last reply
  • Mid foot fusion

I have been reading previous discussion on this operation but haven't read too many similar to mine. I had a midfoot fusion and two toes straightened almost three years ago I followed all my Dr's and physio instructions to the letter. I am very frustrated as my foot is just so painful. I...

Last reply
  • 5th Metatarsal fracture

Hey all. I had a non displaced fracture of the fifth metartarsal 3 weeks ago today while landing in a basketball game. The fracture is lower down the bone than the 'Jones' region, slightly into the skinnier part (xray attached), and was a decent fracutre, going around 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through...

Last reply
  • Cartiva surgery

Hi there, I️ had my cartilage surgery in Baltimore, MD about 3 weeks ago. I feel great but the toe is still a bit stiff.  I have been to PT twice but was wondering what types of exercises were most beneficial to get your flexibility back in your toe? Thanks for your replies Jeanne

Posted
  • 5th Metatarsal Fracture

Looking for some advice.  I recently visited the podiatrist due to foot pain and after x-rays it was determined that I have a 5th metatarsal fracture. The doctor was a bit less than helpful and left me with many questions.  My fracture was not the result of trauma and I'm not sure how long...

Last reply
  • Should I be experiencing this 8months post op? Sesamoid surgery

In March 2017 I had surgery on my sesamoid bone (one closest to the side of my foot) to screw it together. I had been suffering from sesamoiditis for almost a year and 6 months at this point. I had all my post op check ups and was told I was recovering well and everything seems fine and I was to have...

Posted
  • Stiff soled shoes for 5th meta. fracture

Hi, I'm on week 6 of my non displaced 5th metatarsal fracture and was told that I could now switch from my cam walker boot to a stiff soled shoe. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good stiff soled shoe. I was thinking of ordering a pair of Dr. Martens boots but not sure it...

Last reply
  • Ankle and foot pain+soreness after dorsiflexion mobilization?

Could anyone here have some opinion on dorsiflexion mobilization´s safety aspects. I was as a "practise customer" for a physiotherapist trainee in a podiatric clinic. Trainee was supposed to be doing her handlings based on podiatrist´s teachings and estimation. In my last visit there,...

Posted
  • Foot Injury - no successful diagnosis

Injured my foot a year ago, skateboarding. I though it was turf toe, from so much extension. Around the same time, I also had some blunt force trauma on the first metatarsal, also while skating. Not sure which injury is most relevant to what came after, or if both are equally complicit.  I used...

Last reply
  • Navicular bone surgery

I broke my navicular bone on September 6th, had a surgery on September 8th. During the surgery dr found that i also broke the ligaments of other bones. I was in a cast for 6 weeks. I am now doing my physical therapy. It is so hard to bear a weight on my heal area. It pains a lot. PT dr said that it will...

Posted
  • OPTIONS FOR NON-UNION 5TH METATARSAL FRACTURE?

Hoping someone has had a similar experience and might be able to give me some advice! Over 4 months ago I broke my 5th metatarsal......I went to the local hospital, was told I needed to see the ortho surgeon, waited 5 hours, then sent home with a boot, no instruction and didn't see the ortho.  2...

Last reply
  • Heel numbness, tingling, crackling noise...

(Also posted on General Health) Alright, so here I am again, freaking out over something that's supposedly going to kill me. Yesterday night, I noticed my heels would tingle and go numb if I sat on them for too long. No biggie, happens all the time. Went to bed and when I woke up, I noticed my heel...

Posted
  • Foot's middle finger problem

Hi,  For last 10 or 12 years my right foot's middle finger has the developed a cover/layer on top (i don't know how to explain the name/i am attaching a picture) which is very painful at times especially while walking due to the friction caused by top of the shoe and the finger. I also...

Last reply
  • For all those suffering with Morton’s neuroma - my struggles

I keep reading everyone problems with Morton's neuroma so I thought I would relate my storey, in the hope that it may help others. I live in teh states but I'm sure you can find the same treatments closer to you. When I went on a ski trip with my family about eight years ago, I ended up in the...

Last reply
  • Go barefoot for flat feet???!!!!

Injured posterior tibial tendon 6 mos ago. It caused my arches to drop. Now I have flat feet. Got orthothics but I hear the only weaken your feet more? I’m starting to feel pain in sandals and that’s not good. Should I slowly ditch this orthothic for walking barefoot agsin in my house and start using...

Last reply
  • Dislocation Pain In The Big Toe Joint

I've had a problem with the joint of which my big toe connects with the main foot. As a kid I would often squat down when really doing anything. I would have the heel of my right foot supporting my behind while my toes would be bet upwards touching the ground. Recently when my right big toe is bent...

Posted
  • CALCANEAL OSTEOTOMY & TENDON TRANSFER....HELP?

Hi everyone, I had a L calcaneal +cuneiform osteotomy, tendon transfer and achille's lengthening for my flat feet on 28.7.17 and I am in an aircast boot, I have been told to transition from the boot to without the boot, I have started walking around the house without the boot but its still so...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.