Skip to content

Foot and Toe Problems

Also known as Club Foot, Corns, Flat Feet, Hallux Rigidus, Heel Problems, Metatarsalgia, Morton's Neuroma, Toe Problems

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Depression after surgery

Hi, I had a surgery in June to repair my toe that was damaged in an accident a few years ago. The procedure was similar to a hammertoe surgery where my toe was pinned for 4 weeks. After the surgery I got severely depressed but came around after a little bit. Now I had the pin removed yesterday and I'm...

Last reply
  • Old member/ new member to First MTP Toe fusion!

Hello there!   I'll shoot with my short story and hopefully you guys won't get bored reading it! Dec 2016 I fell in my home. I thought at the time it was a grade 3 sprain on my right ankle. Also while falling down I landed my right leg/foot on my left foot and damaged my great toe.........

Last reply
  • Bump on top of foot after fracture?

8 weeks ago I broke the middle three metatarsal bones in my foot, and it's now mostly healed (although I have soreness in my muscles and joints when walking). However, I now have a hard, bony-feeling bump on top of my foot. It doesn't usually hurt, but seems to feel tender and bruise-like to...

Posted
  • Fifth Metatarsal Fracture - No Healing After 11 Weeks

I have a shaft fifth metatarsal fracture which occurred on January 2018. It's going on 12 weeks now and there is no sign of healing. I am using the boot full time. I do not have any pain but I do get minor swelling if I walk on it for long periods of time. My doctor suggested I remove the boot and...

Last reply
  • 5th Metatarsal Fracture - WEEK 7, pain on OTHER side of foot!?

I fractured my 5th met 7 weeks ago. I was NWB for 4 weeks, then the 5th week I was able to walk in the moonboot. Week 6 I was given the all clear to transition into a supportive shoe (runner etc). I'm dealing with  A LOT of pain when walking. The fracture side is FINE, very minimal but my arch/big...

Last reply
  • Plantar Plate Repair with Osteotomy - Recovery

I'm three weeks out from plantar plate repair with 2nd toe osteotomy. I'm not taking any pain medication at this point, but I'm concerned because I still get throbbing pains in my second toe and pulling, tingling sensations in the area that was repaired. I'm in a walking boot - weight...

Last reply
  • Return to Work Following Tarsometatarsal Bone Fusion Surgery

I’m had surgery on 31 January, and am due to return to work on 23 April. I’ve initially told work that I’ll be doing half days my first week back, but people have been telling me I should do a phased return to work, building up slowly. i don’t see my physio or consultant until next Wednesday, which...

Last reply
  • 5th Metatarsal Fracture Recovery

Hello. I have a number of questions. 8 weeks ago I broke my 5th metatarsal after falling. I just got out of my cast yesterday and was out in an air cast/boot. And the doctor left me with a number of questions unanswered and my next appointment isn't for 4 weeks with no physio or such before hand....

Last reply
  • Heel pain that isn't plantar fasciitis

I have cerebral palsy and use a wheelchair. I also suffer from Raynaud's phenomenon. For the last few years, I have been struggling a great deal with right heel pain which has now started in the left one. As well as the pain, I also have an area of soreness which used to heal with rest but Is not...

Posted
  • Foot pain ruining life - anyone got any ideas what to do?

So, I’ve been having foot pain for a year and a half, and at the age of 22 I am no longer able to have a normal life. I want this to be a constructive forum with ideas about what treatment options I could seek, or who I could see next, so I won’t complain too much.  The important things to note...

Last reply
  • Achilles Shaking?

Hi everyone. So I've had a lot of feet problems recently. I have a sprain on my inner foot, OS trigonum syndrome, and plantar fasciitis. Had PF for almost 3 years now, the OS is new. Anyways, my Achilles suddenly begins to spasm and shake at random times. Should I be worried? Yesterday I got up from...

Posted
  • Boot?

Has anyone had issues with the boot causing more pain and swelling than going without the boot? How about a snug, but not tight ace bandage? This seems to work better for me. Anyone else?

Last reply
  • Surgery or Not on 5th Metatarsal Bone Fracture

I fractured my 5th metatarsal in a body step at the gym on January 2018. I used weight bearing boot for 6 weeks. I had a follow up with my orthopedic surgeon on the 7th week and the bones are not healing. I followed up again on the 9th week and still the bones are not joint yet. He suggest a surgery...

Last reply
  • Crushed/wounded foot --- knowledge plus treatment

Hi! I had a minor accident --- I lost balance while on a motorcycle and landed on my right side. I don't think I broke any bones, but I have wounds on my legs and my right foot. Went to the doctor afterwards, but the main concern was the foot wound because of its size (about 1.5 inches across and...

Last reply
  • Metatarsal pain

Hi, Last year i had 4 months off work due to metartasal pain in my left foot and burning sensation in my right foot in the ball of the foot, after initially going to my doctor and told to take paracetamol and ibuprofen which had no effect. The GP didn't send me for further testing and after going...

Last reply
  • Foot pain

Hi I’ve been on orthodics fir 28 years About 18 months ago my chiropractor Talked me in to wearing his version of  foot levelers from a scan machine. I Always had a  cast of my feet. Everything seemed fine for a year and  8 months ago my feet are aching everyday . I’ve seen 3 podiatrist...

Posted
  • Walking again after foot fracture?

I broke the 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsals in my right foot just over 7 weeks ago, and today the doctor gave me the all-clear to try walking normally without the moon boot and crutches. I haven't been referred for physio (supposedly because I still have a decent range of movement in my ankle, although...

Last reply
  • Foot skin growth, not sure what it is

Hi, I’ve had this small bump on the bottom of my foot for over a year, it started small but now seems to have grown over twice it’s size.  I’ve looked up pictures of calluses and warts and can’t quite match it to either. It does sting a bit to step on it and the surface is tough. I tried treating...

Posted
  • Mid foot fusion.

Hiya. I had a mid foot fusion 2 weeks ago now. I am really struggling with non weight bearing. Has anyone else dealt with this please. I am crying with frustration. My husband and I are very keen walkers and it is really hard not being able to get out and about under my own steam. look forward to hearing...

Last reply
  • Pain 4 months after big toe fusion

I just hit the 4 month post surgery mark and I am still having moderate pain on a daily basis. Is this normal? Most of the pain is under the big toe, it is usually a deep burning pain. I had a horrible time finding shoes that were comfortable and finally my doctor told me to buy Orthofeet diabetic shoes...

Last reply
  • Foot fracture, still can't move it.

Cracked 2nd metatarsal on left foot on 31/12. Eventually CT scan on 9/3 showed a fracture. Now in a fracture boot. Still painful but no toe movement at all on that foot. Is this normal?

Last reply
  • Non-union spiral fracture 5th metatarsal

Hello, I fractured my fifth metatarsal. It is a slightly displaced spiral fracture of the shaft. I broke it 6/22 and was in a non weight bearing boot until 8/15 then I started walking on it. I was very busy taking care of five young kids, touring houses to buy then ultimately packed up house and unpacked...

Last reply
  • Toenail Removal isn't healing

I had my big toenail removed in late February due to an infection underneath the nail bed. The infection came back in mid March but after a week of strong antibiotics and ointments, it went away (so says the doctor). Now it's April and the wound is still red and raw and it's not healing. My doctor...

Posted
  • Foot orthothics

In a nut shell, I had a foot injury(tibial tendon)  which was misdiagnosed and the arches collapsed in my feet. They are flexible flat feet and not rigid. I had a custom orthothic made .. the top part is spongy, but the plate under the foot is hard. After 6 mos, I started to get knee and hip pain...

Last reply
  • Peroneal Tendon surgery repair

I had surgery for 3 tears in my longus brevis and a deep groove procedure 5 months ago and still having pain in my ankle and now on the top of my foot...has anyone had a similar surgery?

Posted
  • Fifth Metatarsal fracture

Hello, I am a young dancer who fractured this bone two days ago. I did this by rolling over my foot in dance rehearsals...immediately afterwards I got back up a little tear eyed and continued walking and dancing a bit. I was limited in lateral movements and felt excruciating pain pointing my toe, his...

Last reply
  • Fifth Metatarsal Treatment Question

Hi, My daughter broke her fifth metatarsal four weeks ago today. She was put in in an air cast (walking boot) for four weeks. We were originally told 6 weeks - and when we went to the doctor's yesterday he said come back in four weeks - when I asked why it was now 8 weeks over 6 he said because it...

Last reply
  • Cartiva

I am having the Cartiva implant done in about 3 weeks.   They make it sound like the recovery process is not bad, but reading some of the responses make it sound like it could be weeks before the pain goes away and you are able to get around.   I had resisted the fusion for the past...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.