Skip to content
Ad

Foot and Toe Problems

Also known as Club Foot, Corns, Flat Feet, Hallux Rigidus, Heel Problems, Metatarsalgia, Morton's Neuroma, Toe Problems

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Ankle now Swollen 4 months after Fusion Arthrodesis surgery

Four months ago I had Midfoot Fusion Surgery on my left foot. It seemed to heal properly and I was final released from my doctor to return to work.  2 days after I returned to work my left ankle became extremely swollen. And now it's slowly getting better but I am wondering if this is a normal...

Posted
  • Fell on my foot weirdly a month ago, still have pain

Ok so, this is an embarassing story. So a while back, I was sitting on a chair in my kitchen and I was watching Harry Styles on carpool kareoke on my phone while it was charging. I think my foot was tucked under me, because it fell asleep and I got pins and needles. I wasn't really thinking, because...

Last reply
  • Broken 5th met hurting with weight bearing

Hi all! 8 weeks ago I fell at home and broke my right ankle (required surgery) and the 5th metarsal (mid-shaft, spiral, minimal displacement) on my left foot. I've been completely nwb on my right leg and wearing  an ortho wedge shoe on my left that allowed me to only wb on that heel with a walker...

Posted
  • Cartiva

I am having the Cartiva implant done in about 3 weeks.   They make it sound like the recovery process is not bad, but reading some of the responses make it sound like it could be weeks before the pain goes away and you are able to get around.   I had resisted the fusion for the past...

Last reply
  • Memory Soles

Hi, can anyone recommend Memory Soles that work for painful balls of feet please? I have tried gel half-soles and a well known brand of soles but they do not work for me? Regards Jean

Posted
  • After walking - extreme pain around big toe lasting for weeks.

Hello, I have a recouring foot problem that my GP or Podiatrist have been unable to diagnose as yet. It’s an excruciating pain that centres around the big toe joint.  It’s occurred around three times now over the last 18 months or so.  It always happens after I’ve walked a couple of miles...

Last reply
  • Painful Balls of Feet

Hi, once again I find that  standing/walking around after a couple of hours the balls of my feet are soooooooo painful. I tried half gel soles, full soles and special active-gel soles but no good. Pleeeease can someone suggest what to wear in my shoes. Heeeeelp. J X

Last reply
  • Mortons Neuroma surgery

I have had my neuroma removed and am currently 8 days post op, Elevating as I type. I walk a lot in my job and enjoy walking in my free time. I have suffered with this foot pain for years and decided to go speak to my GP, who referee me for ultra sound. I was told during the scan that I had mortons...

Last reply
  • HAMMER TOE AND TOE SHORTENING SURGERY

I had surgery in October 2016 to remove Morton's neuroma between 2nd & 3rd toe on my left foot, 2nd toe shortened and same 2nd toe surgery to sort hammer toe with a k-wire inserted for 7 weeks. On removal of k-wire and dressings at 7 weeks, early December 2017 i was told to try and get into Norma...

Posted
  • Osteo Arthritis in big toe joint

Can anyone give me some advice please? I have been having steroid injections in my toe joint for the last 2 years (6 so far) and although I was told I could have up to 9, I was recently told that I should just go for surgery and have my toe joint fused - the podiatrist refused to inject anymore. My toe...

Last reply
  • Big toe joint replacement

Saw an orthopaedic consultant yesterday who confirmed, after an xray, that the osteoarthritis in the big toe joint is getting worse. He suggested two different types of surgery: a fusion of the bone or a replacement of the joint. I am leaning towards the latter although I don't know much about it...

Last reply
  • Throbbing pain in middle-inner arch of foot

Hi Everyone,  I’m a 27 yr old male in relatively good shape, other than this debilitating foot problem I’ve had for almost two years, of course.  Whenever I walk or stand (especially walk), I have a throbbing pain throughout the arch of my foot and up to the metatarsals – basically everywhere...

Last reply
  • Balls of feet

Hi, can anyone suggest what to put in my shoes to stop the balls of my feet aching and causing me to limp? I bought a well known brand of inner soles but they did not do the trick. I also tried gel half sole but still no good - heeeeeeelp please. Regard Jean

Last reply
  • Painful Balls of Feet

Hi,  I work in a charity Shop and after about a couple of hours walking around I get very sore balls of my feet - no other time do I get pain and I have healthy feet. I did invest in a pair of well known make gel innersoles which claimed to get rid of pain but they did not work for me - can anyone...

Last reply
  • Mid foot fusion.

Hiya. I had a mid foot fusion 2 weeks ago now. I am really struggling with non weight bearing. Has anyone else dealt with this please. I am crying with frustration. My husband and I are very keen walkers and it is really hard not being able to get out and about under my own steam. look forward to hearing...

Last reply
  • Pain in FOOT for a while.

Hi, I'm a 17 year old male.  I currently suffer from lower back pain(assuming from tight hamstrings) and am attending PT for that. A year after my back pain. I got this aching pain in the foot. It's is towards the middle of the Left foot on the left side. It feels like it's the bone...

Last reply
  • Jones Fracture / 5th metatarsal fracture

June 28 , almost 3 weeks ago, I rolled my ankle while running and immediately knew something was wrong. I didn't even try walking on it so I just hopped my way to my room and had my mom put ice on it. It was swollen and hurt but pain was bearable. I took advil anyway because I'm a wuss and was...

Last reply
  • Problems after surgery athletes foot

I have had surgery on both feet over the past 2 years and I am experiencing really bad athletes foot. It stings and really itches, I really do not know how to get rid of it I've tried everything.

Last reply
  • Interested in PT exercises and advice

I had the cartiva implant on June 28th.  I walked in the post surgical shoe the first week (the 4th of July holiday) but tried to keep it to a minimum.  Also elevated and iced as much as I could.  Even slept with it elevated.  July 13th the surgical nurse change the bandage and my...

Last reply
  • Pain in top of foot

Hi all! Just need some help. For the past couple of months, I've been experiencing some pretty bad pain in the top of my left foot. It starts just behind the toes, and ends just before the leg. It feels like the tendon or whatever is between the bones is the problem. If I stay off my feet, it hurts...

Last reply
  • Pain again in foot five months after osteotomies!

Hi All, Had nerve removed in December between 3/4 toe for mortons neuroma, surgeon supposed to do osteotomies at same time but ran out of time. Had second & third toes done in February. He didnt put wires in as he said he would, left me with a fourth toe as a hammer toe, and third toe still badly...

Posted
  • Still swollen

I had surgury on my right foot..fifth medetorso..had 3 inch screw put in..this was april 25 2017..it is now july 25 and my foot is swollen as ever..is this a problem i should worry about?

Last reply
  • Immense pain 3 weeks into hammer toe surgery

Hi I'm just wondering if Anton head had the same problems as me or if I may have something more to worry about. I had 2nd 3rd 4th toe straightened with pins 3 weeks ago, surgery went well but I awoke screaming in pain as the nerve block had failed. I was given one above my knee which lasted 30 hrs...

Last reply
  • Depression after surgery

Hi, I had a surgery in June to repair my toe that was damaged in an accident a few years ago. The procedure was similar to a hammertoe surgery where my toe was pinned for 4 weeks. After the surgery I got severely depressed but came around after a little bit. Now I had the pin removed yesterday and I'm...

Last reply
  • Pain/Something Under My Toe?

This is an odd one that I'm struggling to look up. Basically I have some mild foot pain at the base of one toe (the one immediately next to the big toe on my left foot), this has lasted about a week or so. However, what has me concerned is that when I plant my foot on a flat, hard surface I'm...

Last reply
  • 4 days post op cartiva surgery

Had surgery on my right big toe four days ago.  Took 600 mg ibuprophen for pain on day after surgery.  The third day just Tylenol. Surgery only took 30 minutes! You could easily do both toes at the same time. I have no pain.  I have to use Darco shoe for two weeks. This shoe basically...

Last reply
  • 2nd Metatarsal stress fracture

Hi feeling dreadful ( guilty) I am off work with  a stress fracture (2nd metatarsal). I am in a boot for 6 weeks ( 5 weeks left). I have no idea how I injured my foot. I had foot pain  and then went to work runnng around for a week before seeking GP advice. 3 weeks and 2 xrays later-diagnosis....

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.