Plantar Plate Tear Suggestions

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I am going into my fifth month of a confirmed (MRI) plantar plate partial thickness tear. If it is healing, it is going at a VERY slow pace.

Some people are telling me to avoid surgery at all costs. Some surgeons are even saying that too.

So, other than simply waiting it out, has anyone had success with any procedures or alternative approaches? PRP and Shockwave Therapy have been recommended. I am also doing weekly acupuncture and bi-weekly reflexology.

If you did take a conservative approach (non-surgical), how long did it take to heal fully?

So far, one thing that has seemed to make things slightly better is doing alternating heat/ice for half hour every evening.

Grateful for suggestions/thoughts.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, has this resolved for you? I am also looking for treatment for plantar plate strain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.