Considering Morton’s neuroma surgery. Other options?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a MN for 1.5 years. Two steroid injections gave no relief. I have numbness, tingling and pain. My symptoms are worst when I first get out if bed. Does anyone else experience this? Has anyone had success with other treatments, such as alcohol injections, cryo or ablations? I'm very nervous about getting surgery. I would also love to hear more feedback from others who have had surgery. For example, does the post op numbness bother you long term? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

have you tried foot pads under foot and toes separators and rocker shoes. i was diagnosed with mortons and PF . changed my shoes added arch supports and pads for under mortons after a few months the tingling and pain had disappeared. improve your walking gait walk heel to toe is also very helpful. change of all the above changed my foot pain to zero. no surgery..

• Posted

Thanks Barb. Yes, I've tried most of those ideas. Hokas with good arch support insoles help. It's very uncomfortable however if not wearing shoes. I'm researching other procedures such as cryo, ablation and neurolytic alcohol injections. Wondering if anyone has had experience with these procedures.

I would also live to hear from anyone that did have either decompression or neuroectomy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.