11 days post surgery for HS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, so I am now 11 days post surgery for HS. I had my left underarm done with a skin graft from my left thigh. Still in some pain but concerned my graft isn't taking. I called the Dr twice and they think all is okay and my 2nd appt is on 2 days. My underarm graft site looks like part of the skin is sloughing off in chunks, I have new open wounds that are red and pink with some blood discharge . I am still soaking through gauze on a daily basis.

After my surgery I had a wound vac on for 7 days. It looked great when they took it off but now it looks liek it is falling apart. Is this just part of the healing process? My Dr and nurses kinda suck and I will ask them in a couple days but I was wondering if any one had opinions.

Also, since surgery I have had a terrible pain on the INSIDE crook of my elbow almost down to my wrist. ANy ideas????

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I don't think they should use skin graph i had it done first time did not use graph the second time used graph. The site where graph wasn't done looks better than where it was graph. it looks spotty to me. also the last time was feb 2018 and im still going through pain and the graph on my thigh has not disappeared as far as the discoloration. I hope all goes good for you. Just keep positive but i think i healed better on the side that was not graphed. i would never agree to a graph again. You take care feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.