11 hrs to go and feeling ok.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I can't believe that I got given my date 12  weeks ago and I thought it would be  ages to go and now I am nearly there.I feel ok at the moment but in 11hrs I bet the nerves will be terrible.Everything is organised,I have even been out to buy the Movicol.I was going to save my Easter eggs until I got home but I have given in and eaten half of one before I down 2 sachets  of my preload before 9pm.It will be an early night as I have to be at the hospital by 7.15am.The lovely warm and sunny day today has brightened my spirits and I had a friend phone me from Spain today wishing me good luck.I appreciate everyone's tips and good wishes on this forum.I will sign back in as soon as I can to let you know how it went.Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Keep smiling

luv

Teresa

xxx

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Will be thinking of you and sending up prayers that all goes well.
  • Posted

Hi Teresa

Well it is 11am on the day of your op and I'm thinking of you. Hope all went well. I rang the hospital and they said it does not make any difference that I'm bleeding. Iv started my protein drinks and they taste rather nice. Look forward to speaking when we both get home and chatting about our recovery.

Take care xxx

• Posted

Thanks Nicola.

I have been here since 7.15.Started with 5 in our bay now down to 2.I have been told that i should be going to theatre about 1pm.Not sure if the hernia can be done today.There could be hope of keyhole.He will examine me when i am asleep.Still feeling ok.Had a lovely chat opposite who is also having a hysterectomy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.