11 month headache and strange mixture of other symptoms.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I don't want to ramble so I will just list my symptoms and how long I've had them, if anyone could help, that would be really great. 

I'm a male in my early 20's who is generally medically well. Smoke around 10-15 cigarettes a day. 

Since October 2016: Headaches 6 out of 7 days a week.

Lasting from an hour to up to 5 days continuously. All parts of head suffered, but slightly more often the forehead and crown of head. Sometimes they burn, ache, pulse, feel sensitive, or feel as though it's electrical. Sometimes they make me feel sick, but I have never vomited. Sometimes they make me feel dizzy but have never fallen. A few times I have been woken during sleep. Not made worse by time of day nor activity/movement but loud sounds sometimes make them worse. Nothing seemed to trigger them to start.

Since November/December 2016: Tinnitus (mainly in left ear) lasting around 30-60 minuets once or twice a month. 

Very sound sensitive. A few days a week I am very sensitive to sound, feels uncomfortable and irritating. Quiet sounds appear louder, etc. This doesnt seem to be connected to my emotions, i,e: If I'm stressed or sad, it doesnt get worse and if I'm happy, I can still have it. 

In January 2017 I saw an Optician. She said my headaches don't seem to be eye related (although I was given reading glasses) and if they continue, see my general doctor. 

In May 2017, I had a brief appointment with a Neurologist. He said they're just tension-type headaches and not worrying, maybe caused by my 4 year anorexia nervosa which I have been recovered from for 3 years and they should soon pass.

Since July 2017: Eye floaters (I assume). I have been seeing small black spots, circle-ish shaped, which disappear quickly after I look at them directly. They're mostly on white or light surfaces (walls, doors, floors, etc). Not severe nor all day, usually just a handful of times per day. 

In August 2017 I had 4 sessions of acupuncture. It hasn't changed any of my symptoms. 

I have also had 'bowel problems' for around 2 years, although I don't think this is connected to my other symptoms. I am always either constipated for a few days or have mildly loose bowels. about 18 months ago I had a blood test for this - it was fine.

Also for about 6-8 months I have had very minor urinary problems. Sometimes an unsteady flow, sometimes doesn't feel as though I've fully emptied my bladder and very often urinary hesitancy.  

I have also had mild psoriasis for about 5 months. 

I thought it might be worth mentioning those three things. 

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

please try to stop smoking and it  sounds silly but do u drink plenty off water?
    • Posted

I should stop smoking indeed haha.

But yes, my water intake is good - my GP has asked me all the basic questions about water, exercise, food, sun etc and all that is fine. 

• Posted

cool i'm not to sure what else to suggest but there is a theory should say you have a problem say with our tooth it may be that there is a problem with say your heart so is there any history of any thing and is your overall health good?

• Posted

Apart from the things i wrote in the original post - my health is good.

I'm going to visit my GP again soon and try and get some answers.

Thanks for the comments though smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.