11 months and relapsing

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey again, guys... I just started on my 11th month, thinking I would be completely well soon, and then started feeling awful all over again. My fatigue is horrible, my joints ache, I have very mild vertigo at times, and my eyes are so dry that they feel like they're going to pop out of my eyes. My mind is foggy again (though not quite as bad as before, my anxiety is up, I just feel terrible over all... Are any of you on month 11 or something near it? How are your symptoms now? I heard about an anti-viral called Robuvit that studies showed to help long lasting mono symptoms, but wasn't sure if I should ask my doctor about it since I'm very sensitive to medicine because of my low weight.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ciela - while my situation is not at the 11 month stage (I'm 62 & have had similar symptoms on & off since my 20's) but since joining this forum I have used some of the suggestions (coenzyme Q10 & vitamin B Executive stress) with some success. I noted that I am having less recurrences and when I do they are less severe. Thanks for the tip about Robuvit - I'll look into it. If you decide not to go through with it try those supplements I mentioned & let me know if you have the same success with them?

Cheers Jeff

• Posted

i am 14 months but relapsed at about 11-12 months ... hang in there it will get easier .

• Posted

I am st month 10 and after 4 months of feeling pretty normal, I've had a relapse. It hasn't been as severe though. I am under a lot of stress right now though and i believe that is what triggered it.

• Posted

Hi Ciela,

So sorry to hear you have hit this setback and been feeling unwell again. I absolutely want to write to reassure you that these kind of episodes can occur during recovery, it can be so frightening. I remember a few times even into that second year, feeling that way almost as if I was hit all over again and back at square one. But generally my experience was that these setbacks settled down MUCH more quickly than anything in the early stages, and within a few weeks I was feeling much more settled and back on track again.

So I just want to encourage you that this can be normal during the recovery phase, and that even though your body may feel that way now, in NO WAY will you be anywhere near back to where you were in the early stages of this virus - your body is 11 months down the line and much better equipped to dealing with this now and these temporary setbacks that can commonly occur at this stage in a strange way help your body to further kick this virus into tough - and eventually you reach a stage where these setbacks stop completely and your body just feels well again.

Thinking about you Ciela and the message is try not to worry or panic - much easier said than done I know when feeling as you are - I believe this will be just a temporary setback in your recovery process - it is normal that they can feel so intense and almost like back to the start again, but truly my experience is that this won't be the case - hang in there Ciela and let us know how you are doing over the next few weeks.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.