11 months PO with flare-ups of stomach cramps, gas, diarrhea

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice.

I'm 11 months po. I stick to a careful diet, gluten free, low fat meat and egg free and little dairy. I try to eat only fresh food, no takeaways or processed food.

I've can go for long periods where my digestion is fine but will then suddenly have a flare-up where I cant pinpoint the culprit. I know it must be food related and I'll blame it on something or other but it seems strange that I can eat that food for weeks and even months with no reaction and then suddenly my stomach reacts badly to it.

Also surely after a day or two of diarrhea and eating very bland foods my system should be flushed out. But these symptoms of bloating , cramps, diarrhea and sometimes nausea, can continue for up to 2 weeks.

I started taking digestive enzymes again but theres no difference. Everything I eat at the moment causes a reaction. And yet a month ago it didn't.

I'm very wary of taking anything else in case there are more side effects and I'm hoping that giving my stomach a rest will sort it out.

During lockdown I have eaten more than normal so I'm putting it down to overeating. But why does it last so long? It's almost like food poisoning. Is it bile? Is it bad bacteria?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

maybe its IBS, symptoms sounds like it, ibs can last from anywhere around 3 days - 3 weeks atleast thats how long mines last somethimes i would feel ill

• Posted

I Was thinking about this! Have you had a recent CT scan? I was sick after a couple months after removal. Very bad nausea and vomiting so sick just like before surgery. I had to go back to ER and they told me I had a stone stuck in the common bile duct. Had an ERCP done to remove stone and ever since I've been ok. Something to think about. Good Luck .

• Posted

Hi, have your symptoms improved gradually. did you find a solution? was the bile dripping in the stomach? I still have nausea and lack of appetite

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.