Skip to content
Ad

Gallbladder Problems

Also known as Cholelithiasis/Cholecystitis, Cholestasis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • IBS And Gallstone Diet.

I've been reading about all the yummy things to eat on the gallstone diet but I can't eat them because I have IBS and Diverticulosis! ! Anyone else with IBS  ?   What   do you eat  ?      I'm fading away with hunger but am lost as to what to eat.  I...

Last reply
  • gallbladder removed - lecithin ?

I had my cholecystectomy last week, I am following clean diet with odd treat so far all ok, get the odd post surgery pains, still recovering I have read some articles about benefits of lecithin after gallbladder removal, to help emulsify the fats  has anyone used lecithin post cholecystectomy...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder removal Gallstones

A little over a week ago I had my gallbladder removed due to symptomatic gallstones.  I eventually was waking up sick everyday nausea and vomiting ran my life, I stopped being able to eat just about everything as I would throw it up. There was a deep pressure between  my breastbone and above...

Last reply
  • I think I have gallstones

Hello, I really hope someone can help me  I am a 27 year old female but since I was in my early 20 I have been having pain in my stomach under my right rib cage I was in and out of the hospital so much that a doctor accused me of faking it I experience this pain every so often have had a number...

Last reply
  • Bloating and Gas

Hi All, I was dignoised with a gallstone a couple of weeks ago, I don’t really get the sharp rip pain too much, it’s the major bloating and gas that is bothering me, I am keeping a food diary to see if I can track what triggers it the most but I was wondering if any of you take probiotics to help with...

Posted
  • Rash from gallbladder removal since today

Gallbladder was removed on Tuesday. Today, as I emerged from the haze of my meds, I noticed a red rash from my bellybutton to my breasts. The rashes aren't concentrated around the incision sites. The nurse told me to take a benadryl and a shower, but the rash hasn'y gone away, Should i wait till...

Last reply
  • Still bloated after gallbladder removal?

Hello guys it's me again. So I have been having a couple of issues after my gallbladder removal on August 5th. My stomach seems to feel very full now. This happened maybe 3-4 days after my surgery. I also started getting nauseous. But what bothers me the most is this bloated feeling. It's very...

Last reply
  • Diet for Gallstone sufferers?

Hi There I have increasingly had bad episodes of gallstone attacks. I know I should be avoiding high fat, high cholesterol foods, but is there anything in particular that I should leave out completely? More importantly, is there any guide as to what is OK to eat? I really am completly drained by...

Last reply
  • Question

I’m having a some what tight and burning sensation on the side of my right rib and it’s wrapping around to my back. I feel a little discomfort on my right side where my stomach is. I had an ultrasound of my upper abdomen done and everything came back normal. The ultrasound would’ve picked up gallstones...

Last reply
  • Gallstones diet - what should I eat?

Hi does anyone know if it's ok to have eggs if you have gallstones. I am keeping to a low diet which is really boring but am terrified in case I get another gallstone attack. Am on the waiting Iist for the operation but in the meantime am trying to keep healthy. Any suggestions which may make my...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder removal

it’s been a little over a week since my gallbladder was removed it seems like nothingggggg settles well with my stomach, after eating something within an hour I have really bad stomach pain and sometimes diarrhea(which I know is kind of normal after removal) but does anyone know if there is a medication...

Last reply
  • Not sure what to do

Hello.. due to have my gallbladder removed.. due to stones and a large one stuck in bile ducked.. the pain has gone.. will it return? If I don't have opp.. I think I've kept it at bay due to diet of fruit and coffee ..

Last reply
  • Waiting For The Operation And Need It Now !!

Hi I'm now at the stage  where  even  the smallest amount of food  gives me pain all over,  from  my chest , ribs back and front , stomach,  feel sick,  start sweating. .  Does anyone know the best way to get the  operation  moved forward  to...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder pain two months after gallbladder removal

Hi guys, 2 months after having my gallbladder removed I still having some pain in the upper right abdomen. It is less than before the op but it is still there. It is not an attack, it is more like dull constant pain exactly were the gallbladder was. Any of you had this for some time after the surgery....

Last reply
  • Nausea 12 weeks after gallbladder removal

Had my gallbladder removed 12 weeks ago due to pain from 1 large stone. Had the dreaded diarrhea for 8 weeks but has settled. Have the most horrendous nausea I have ever experienced. It's worse in the mornings and I can hardly get out of bed its that bad. Some days it goes by lunchtime and I feel...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder Symptoms

Hello everyone -- A couple of weeks ago, after experiencing right flank discomfort for a week or so, I went to my primary care physician who suspected kidney stones and referred me to a urologist.  The urologist didn't seem overly concerned and doubted he would see anything on my CT, which is...

Last reply
  • Large bump on belly button after surgery

Hello, im not sure why but i had laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, and i have a lump on my belly button. I went to a doctor and he said i was just "possibly" alergic to the glue. Only the bump is under my skin, large, and is not going away. Its hard to the touch, hurts when touched, and also...

Last reply
  • Strange bump above the belly button after gallbladder removal

Hello I was wondering if anyone noticed a strange bump above the belly button after the gallbladder removal. When I look at the mirror sideways I see a bump I know I did not have before. I thought it was inflammation from the incision, But it has been 1 week and I am concerned that bump is still there...

Last reply
  • Possible weight gain after gallbladder removal

Hi all, new to this group. It's looking like I'll be having my gallbladder removed sometime next year. Had a ultrasound that showed a stone. Been suffering off and on for the last 14 months. Constant nagging pain in right side just under/bottom of rib cage. I've have about 6 attacks in that...

Last reply
  • A further update (for those that are interested ☺)

So ,following my first outpatients appointment last week, I expected a letter possibly this week or next,with an appointment for an MRI scan or something similar. Instead,48 hours after that appointment, I got a call from the MRI department saying I had been referred and could I come in at 9am the...

Last reply
  • Having gallbladder removed soon and really scared

I am waiting for a date to have my gallbladder removed. Spoke to friends that has had this done and they seem fine and getting on with their lives but I'm really really scared because I keep reading about people that's had it done and they've had major problems after . Feeling worried.

Last reply
  • In confusion for Gall bladder removal surgery

Hi.. I am a Male, 29 years old and single.. I have been recently diagnosed with 2 stones in my gall bladder and doctor has adviced me to go for gall bladder removal surgery. I am really worried now whether i should go ahead with this surgery or not. and concerned about after surgery complications keeping...

Last reply
  • Got my surgery date for my hepaticojejunostomy

Hi Guys I heard back from the Heptobiliary surgeon today I am having my hepaticojejunostomy next tuesday sept 6th at University of Chicago. I am nervous..but hopeful that this long nightmare of sickness and pain Might be coming to an end soon.I know it will be a hard recovery..But anything is better...

Last reply
  • Problems years after gallbladder removal

I had my Gallbladder removed seven years ago and all has been fine until about six months ago! I started getting a pain on and off in my right side underneath my ribs! The pain is constant now! I feel bloated and uncomfortable after eating, also feeling nausea's at times! And often have a burning...

Last reply
  • Gallstones ruining my life! Anyone feel sick all the time?

So fed up of these damn gallstones! Currently on a waiting list to have gallbladder out but keep being ambulanced to hospital for pain relief as nothing at home cuts it. Noticed feel sick lots and my acid reflux has got alot worse also. Anyone else have similar problems?

Last reply
  • Who else has had gallstone pain on left side not right?

I have been back and forth from drs and still no answers I've been in pain now on and off for the last 6-7 months and having really bad attacks of pain mainly in my left side under my rib and in my back and also I am bloating out most days and the last month I have been in pain every single day.....

Last reply
  • Type of operation

My son has gallstones and also suffers from anxiety. He won't go for the operation as he is too scared to have a general anaesthetic. Is the operation ever done with a local anaesthetic?

Last reply
  • Stabbing pain after eating / gallbladder removed?

Hello, About 15 years ago, I had my gallbladder removed due to large cholesterol stones that blocked the gallbladder. I didn't have much trouble, actually, except occasional nausea, but I had a severe attack of vomiting with dehydration that landed me in the emergency room, and it was found that...

Last reply
  • Update on my journey and my experiences of the good old NHS.

(If you click on my profile it will allow you to familiarise yourself with my situation by reading my past posts) Long story short for the week - first outpatients appointment on Tuesday.Lovely Dr who explained everything and what the time line will be. He also answered my many questions. He sent me...

Last reply
  • Diseased Gallbladder - No Stone - So Glad I Had it Out!

I didn't have a ton of pain in the usual places with my gallbladder. I had horrible C3, C4 and C5 neck pain for over a year, along with a diagnosis of RA and severe fatigue. ​My primary care physician suggested I get my gallbladder checked because of major digestive issues, which they could only...

Last reply
  • Acupuncture Treatments

I' m wondering about the acupuncture treatments that some of you have undergone.  How long did it take before you started feeling better?  I have had 2 treatments and don't see any improvement.  Actually some days I feel worse.  I still have a nervous stomach.  Is it...

Posted
  • Waiting for a scan and i'm in so much pain...

So on the evening of 29th September 2017 I went for a meal with my husband to celebrate him getting a new job. A few hours later I started to get pains in my belly, by midnight it was so sharp that I was sweating and didn't know what to do with myself, then the vomiting started. I called 111 who...

Last reply
  • My surgery

Hi all, FINALLY, ive been given my date for my gallbladder removal surgery! I cant tell you how happy i am about this. 27th of this month. All i can say is keep calling them! 8th of august i was admitted to hospital and after that they told me 10 days and id get my date. I had heard not a dicky bird...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.