Skip to content

Gallbladder Problems

Also known as Cholelithiasis/Cholecystitis, Cholestasis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Bilirubin

Hello. New to this site. I had my gallbladder removed a few months ago and the liver readings went back to normal from very high. But the bilirubin has jumped around a bit and ATM is quite high. I'm guessing that this might have something to do with the bile now using the commn bile duct. I might...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Does this sound like a Gallbladder problem?

My pain started below the right rib around 5 months ago. It’s like a tight burning pain. Around two months ago it spread to the left side as well. No pain in the middle. The pain is always there but it generally is worse on one side than the other. I get pain in my back on each side as well. It’s about...

Last reply
  • gall bladder removal and liver cyst deroofing

Has anyone had two procedures completed together? Was operated by keyhole on 30th April, discharged on 5th May. Still feeling very tender in area just below rib cage to right hand side. Wound where drain was sited still very tender but not infected. Is this normal?? Have been to doctors told I have had...

Last reply
  • Rash after gall bladder surgery

I am in my 5th week after my gall bladder surgery.  As mentioned earlier, the pain is still there (has not increased or decreased)  and now I feel itchy and have a slight rash on my chest and arms .. In addition to the pain killers now I’m taking anti- allergy meds.  The doctors just...

Last reply
  • Itchy skin after gallbladder removal

Hi  I had my gallbladder removed three days ago laparoscopically. I have not stopped itching since the procedure. I was told by the nurse it was just a side effect from the morphine but it still continues. Anyone else experienced this?  Thanks

Last reply
  • Cholecystectomy: Did anyone have diarrhea naturally improve?

Hello, I had my gallbladder removed 7 days ago. On the surface level, everything appears to be recovering just fine. With that said, I've been experiencing some digestive problems since day 3: - Every morning I have 2 back-to-back bowel movements - They're always full of bile (bright yellow...

Last reply
  • Got my surgery date for my hepaticojejunostomy

Hi Guys I heard back from the Heptobiliary surgeon today I am having my hepaticojejunostomy next tuesday sept 6th at University of Chicago. I am nervous..but hopeful that this long nightmare of sickness and pain Might be coming to an end soon.I know it will be a hard recovery..But anything is better...

Last reply
  • Reflux and heartburn after gallbladder surgery

Has anyone  suffer or has suffered from  bad chest pain with heartburn after gallbladder removal? Iam eating a very low fat diet, in fact no fat at all, and I still get most times pain in chest with burning. I would like to hear from anybody that has the same and if anything helped to treat...

Last reply
  • Post Op Check Up

Hello , I had my gallbladder removed almost 6 months ago and I haven't been called back for a post op check up . Anyone else the same ? Is a check up needed ?

Last reply
  • Can eat very little fat without pain.

Had endoscop, sono’s etc. for chronic stomach pain. Gallbladder testing showed slight disfunction but Dr. did not think that was causing the pain. Diagnosis:  Unexplained pain.  A year later, I can still eat very little fat without pain that lasts for at least a week after eating pizza. Pain...

Last reply
  • Still bloated after gallbladder removal?

Hello guys it's me again. So I have been having a couple of issues after my gallbladder removal on August 5th. My stomach seems to feel very full now. This happened maybe 3-4 days after my surgery. I also started getting nauseous. But what bothers me the most is this bloated feeling. It's very...

Last reply
  • Gallstones

Hello I'm hoping someone can help, 18 months ago I was rushed into hospital with gallstones and kept in for a week and sent home! I'm still waiting on a gallbladder removal hoping it will be soon...I feel tired all the time and sweat most days then pain is awfully when it flared up...any advise...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder or not! HELP

Hi there, I feel so confused my symptoms! I have had a niggling pain below my ribs for many years, maybe 10 years or more. I often mentioned it to my forever changing doctors in my local surgery. Once one of them decided to send me for an ultrasound and they found nothing. A few years later same again....

Last reply
  • HIDA scan today, got results

I had my HIDA at 9am and results at noon: 99% ejection fraction. Doc says this is entirely normal. I am still having upper right quadrant pain, loose bowels, nausea, vertigo/dizzy, and bloating and gas.  Has anyone else had a test like this and ultimately had GB removed? I know I’m not a doctor...

Last reply
  • All tests normal/ I feel like I’m going crazy

I have read previous posts with other people having normal ultrasound and normal HIDA Scan.....I’m in the same boat! I actually had a gallbladder attack during my HIDA scan AND the tech that was doing the scan said it was the largest gallbladder she had ever seen! I just got a call from my surgeons office...

Last reply
  • Pain years after gall bladder removal

I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago, I recently started having pain and discomfort on my right side, I'm wondering if it's due to the titanium clip they leave inside from laproscopic surgery. The pain is worse when I'm sitting. Any one else have this problem.

Last reply
  • Nausea and bloating after Gall Bladder removal

I had my gall bladder surgery 4 weeks back and in addition to still having pain, I feel Nausea, fulness and bloating almost most of the time  Has anyone experienced the same ? And how long will it take to feel absolutely normal ? Do I need to take any particular cautions in diet to avoid this feeling...

Last reply
  • Diarrhea after gallbladder removal?

I had my gallbladder removed January 25th. Been ok... i didn't really eat the first 3 days. Now that I'm eating 'normally' I'm having some stomach issues still after eating, I get diarrhea with in minutes of finishing a meal, I'm always hungry after! I feel like my food goes right...

Last reply
  • Increased pain after Gall Bladder surgery

I had my surgery 3 weeks back and I was recovering nicely after the first 2 weeks  and stopped having pain killers. However, by the start of the third week my pain started increasing. This pain appears to be the same as I had during my first 2/3 days after the surgery. It’s a continuing pain and...

Last reply
  • Do gallbladder attacks and periods have a connection??

Hii. As my previous post has stated, I have gallstones, I’m still waiting to have my gallbladder removed in a few months. I have had irregular periods for 3-4 years now but every month I still get the cramps and noticed that seems to be when I get a gallbladder attack I’m  just wondering if they...

Last reply
  • My life is a nightmare since GB surgery

Hi. I had my gallbladder surgery 15 months ago and it has been the most frighten time of my life. I live day to day in pain, fear, anxiety, hopeless, down. If it wasn't for my 16 month old baby I wouldn't want to live no more I think. It started with painful  esophageal spasms ,chest / stomach...

Last reply
  • Normal HIDA, but....

Had hidascan on Monday. Said 38% EF with mild enterogastric reflux. My pcp referred me to a surgeon because she has read that the reflux could be causing the URQ pain I have been having off and on for three years. The last couple months have been hard. Just never feel good. Not really nauseous, just...

Last reply
  • Just got home after gall bladder surgery!

I had keyhole surgery today to have gall bladder removed. It was a long day, but SO glad it's over! All went well. There was a delay for some reason. Surgery was suppose to be at 11;00, didn't go in until 12:30. The waiting was the hardest part! I was in a regular room getting prepped for 2 hours....

Last reply
  • Negative ultrasound. Could it still be gallbladder?

A couple weeks ago I had an u/s and then went to the ER a day after that because this pain was not going away and I was worried. I have struggled with sharp pains in my side for years that would come and go. For the past 2 years I have had this right side ache that would also come and go. I use to call...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder

Hey there guys I was reading threw and doing some research on gallbladder removal and this site popped up. I have currently been diagnosed with gallstones and need gallbladder removal my surgery is a month to today's date and I am clueless and worried of what to expect can anyone with prior experience...

Last reply
  • Please help. Need to find private flink offering hida svans.

Dear community. I have major ruq pain and right shoulder pain. Particularly bad if I eat anything fat. Done ultrasound and CT but no gallstones. I now need to do a hida scan to check if my gallbladder empties properly. However, where I live in Norway waiting lists are long and I'm desperate. ...

Last reply
  • running with gallstones

Hi, I am new to this group after being diagnosed with gallstones last Friday.  I was a bit gutted but at least I know what is causing the pain and its not indigestion like the Doctor was telling me. Anyway,  I am currently training for a half marathon and its now only 4 weeks away, the last...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder Removal ....still having Issues!

Hi, I'm new to posting to a public forum, but here it goes: I had my gallbladder removed 2 months ago. My surgeon & his team were great. My surgery was a success, without complications. Now here is the problem; Since the surgery, I've experienced chest pains, nausea, jitters, exhaustion,...

Last reply
  • 3 weeks post op gallbladder removal & still have pain

hi i recently had gallbladder removed (laparoscopy)due to g/b flare up's & having large stone which was seen on previous ultrasound. x3 weeks now since had op, which the Dr removed thickened wall gallbladder but no mention of large stone.? first x2 weeks I've been in discomfort & burning,on...

Last reply
  • I could really use some ears please

Hi everyone. I'm new to the group so hello! I'm having surgery in a week with 3 different procedures. I'm having my gallbladder out, a hiatal hernia repaired and I have a congenital cyst the size of an egg in my bile duct so they are doing a hepaticojejunostomy to fix that. I guess I'm...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder surgery.

I had my gallbladder removed this past Thursday. Everything is fine except I have developed a very sharp pain on my right side. On my back about where the last rib is. It was kind of there all along, but has gotten more sharp over the last couple of days. Sharp breaths hurt. Burping, coughing, sneezing...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder is gone so where is this pain from?

HI Had the dreaded gallbladder removed last June after only 7 months of pain (so I'm pretty lucky). Everything went well, home the same day - took a good 4 weeks to feel totally better after the op but eating was ok and I don't seem to be affected by bowel issues like some people. Only problem...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.