Skip to content
Ad

Gallbladder Problems

Also known as Cholelithiasis/Cholecystitis, Cholestasis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Gallbladder is gone so where is this pain from?

HI Had the dreaded gallbladder removed last June after only 7 months of pain (so I'm pretty lucky). Everything went well, home the same day - took a good 4 weeks to feel totally better after the op but eating was ok and I don't seem to be affected by bowel issues like some people. Only problem...

Last reply
  • So many different experiences.

Since my first attack in August ,I have been researching about Gallstones , what not to eat symptoms,is surgery for the removal of the gallbladder and stones the best thing. The list goes on. There is a lot of scarey stuff out there on the www but also a lot of positives Personally I have been lucky...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder removed a month ago- overeating?

I got my gallbladder removed about a month ago due to symptomatic gallstones, it got to where I could eat nothing and would wake up early every morning throwing up. I honestly thought I had a severe stomach ulcer at first so I suffered for about a month and a half of throwing up everyday while I was...

Last reply
  • supplements (if any) post cholecystectomy

does anyone take ox bile, or digestive enzymes post gallbladder removal ? I am 5 weeks out after my cholecystectomy and weight loss has stalled, and am feeling bloated at times. Probiotic drink like kefir is proving helpful Is early days, overall pleased with operation, right side pain and all...

Last reply
  • A new symptom. ..

We all know the signs and symptoms when gallstones rear their ugly head. So since my first attack in August, have been "lucky" in that I I cut right back on fatty ,spicey and alcohol. I've slowly re introduced all those "bad" foods back into my diet,not that I've gone...

Last reply
  • Rise in bilirubin level.

After my gallbladder was removed, my bilirubin was 16 umol/L two months later. Yesterday it was up to 33. All the other liver function master results were normal however. Does not having a gb affect bilirubin levels only? What is going on? Before the open surgery it was 55 and most other readings in...

Last reply
  • One weeks post op

One week post op for gallbladder removal and hernia repair. have pain on top right side of abdomen. It radiates down the right side. Is it normal 

Last reply
  • Pain After Gallbladder Removal

It has been a year since I had my gallbladder removed and just last week I started having the same symptoms of pain in my right side as I did before the surgery. The pain got so bad I ended up at the ER where they ran tests and did a CT scan.  All my labs came back normal, but the pain is still...

Last reply
  • Got my surgery date for my hepaticojejunostomy

Hi Guys I heard back from the Heptobiliary surgeon today I am having my hepaticojejunostomy next tuesday sept 6th at University of Chicago. I am nervous..but hopeful that this long nightmare of sickness and pain Might be coming to an end soon.I know it will be a hard recovery..But anything is better...

Last reply
  • HIDA Scan

Hi Everyone.  Nov 27th I go to get a HIDA scan done.  May be a silly question to ask - but what are some things I can expect during the procedure? I’m a little nervous, actually, a lot nervous! Would love to hear from some people that have had the scan done. Thanks!!

Last reply
  • Gallbladder Pain?

For those of you who experience or have experienced gallbladder pain - where did or do you feel the pain? Mine started under my right breast and would wrap around to my back. Went away but now it’s started back up again. I feel it in the same area but now it’s moved to different areas. Now I feel it...

Last reply
  • Negative ultrasound. Could it still be gallbladder?

A couple weeks ago I had an u/s and then went to the ER a day after that because this pain was not going away and I was worried. I have struggled with sharp pains in my side for years that would come and go. For the past 2 years I have had this right side ache that would also come and go. I use to call...

Last reply
  • Still bloated after gallbladder removal?

Hello guys it's me again. So I have been having a couple of issues after my gallbladder removal on August 5th. My stomach seems to feel very full now. This happened maybe 3-4 days after my surgery. I also started getting nauseous. But what bothers me the most is this bloated feeling. It's very...

Last reply
  • Confused after Pre-op appointment /blood groups

I've just had my pre-op appointment where they did a blood test to find out my blood group in case a transfusion is needed in surgery. I then got a call the next day telling me a have "the specific anti body" and need to have my blood taken the day before surgery so they can cross match...

Posted
  • I AM AN IDIOT ALERT!!!

Hi everyone, I have a question i'm hoping to get help with. So a week after i had my gallbladder removed i took off my dressings just as instructed by my surgeon and team of nurses. I noticed one of my scars was still weeping/oozing. The scar was also green and looks not very attractive. I didnt...

Last reply
  • Amazing😀

To all the new people .. it's not all doom... I went for my opp . In and out within 2 days .no sickness or the runs or headache or bloating.. Just normal post op tiredness were I had to rest.. I can eat exactly the same as I did before . Cutting out takeaways and fatty foods. Common sense really...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder stones /ear ringing and tingling feet

I have earlier had non working gallbladder and recent ultra sound showed gallstones. I don't have severe pain, but have bloating and burping. This is going on for 7 years. However my most concern is past 5 years I have tingling in the feet and left thigh on and off and with dizziness and recently...

Last reply
  • Weakness and nausea 4 months after gallbladder removal

well it's been 4 months since I had the gallbladder removed on Tuesday and I'm no better. Still persistent nausea no appetite dry wretching or sometimes vomiting in the morning and horrendous weakness. It's been the worst 4 months of my life. Waking up in the middle of the night every night...

Last reply
  • What To Eat After the Surgery

I'm really struggling to eat.  I  get terrible  low down  stomach cramps after  eating  anything.   Before  I  had the operation  I made  some  sweet potato  soup,   the cramps and diarrhoea  was agony, won't be doing...

Last reply
  • Potential Biliary Colic Problems

I have been suffering with pain in my upper right hand side for over a week now (across my breastbone and in my right shoulder blade) - I believe it is down to my gallbladder but awaiting a full diagnosis from the doctor. I am really worried having read a number of different sites that the pain will...

Last reply
  • Constant gallbladder type pain no stones or sludge

Just looking to see if anyone has experienced this so I can have some answers and or advice. I started having attack’s while i was pregnant last October, it was that severe I thought i needed to ring an ambulance, hot sweats, vomiting dioreah and extreme pain. Cut a long story short that carried on all...

Last reply
  • best pain relief

I was diagnosed by ultrasound with multiple gallstones 6mths ago. Decided on referal 3 1/2mths gone and not heard a thing till after a really bad attack last night, I rung hospital today. Apparently they somehow put thier letter to me inside my file instead of sending it to me !. Thats our wonderful...

Last reply
  • 1 year post op.....deep ache on right side below rib

Im over a yer post op.....and have been getting a weird deep achey feeling below my right rib line.....had it for 3 days....feels bruised when pressed on. and can kinda feel it when up and walking about. im not in agony but is annoying....does or has anyone else have or had this?? Im just a bit worried...

Last reply
  • dizziness/short of breath 1 week after gallbladder surgery???

Hi, i had gallbladder removed 1 week ago exactly. I was feeling perfect other than the diarrhea which i was told was normal . Just yesterday i started feeling a little lightheaded and short of breath. I have no idea why it would start until now. If my wounds had opened up from the inside ,i think i...

Last reply
  • Life after gallbladder removal....

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 7 weeks ago, due to my gallbladder not working correctly. Although the op was laparscopic I was in so much pain I had to have an epidural. Anyway ever since the op I have been in pain, felt really sick and cannot eat!. I get excruciating pain up to an hour after food....

Last reply
  • Infection After Surgery .

Hi As anyone  had gallbladder  removal  and  suffered an infection in one of the  wound sites  ? If you  have  could you tell me what your symptoms were please ? Thanks. 

Last reply
  • Feeling so ill and sick of my GP practice.

Hi all, Convinced i have gallbladder problems doctor wont listen!!! Just joined today and looking for help please.I've not felt well since October infact i've felt very unwell my symptoms started after being out all day on my motorbike, that night when going to bed i put my head on the pillow...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder Removal Success Story! I Finally feel better!!!

Let me start out by saying DO NOT LISTEN TO ALL OF THESE NEGATIVE POSTS ON HERE! The internet says that Gallbladder surgery is the most COMMON surgery in todays world and about 700,000 people in the United states have their gallbladder taken out each year. So please do not let a couple of hundred negative...

Last reply
  • Kathy1962

Had my gallbladder removed about 2 weeks ago right side still sore inside but not bad can’t sleep on right side now feels not comfortable when i go on my right side but now my right shoulder hurts even when I laugh it’s weird ..  what could that mean could it still be gas..

Last reply
  • Normal testing and still have bad gallbladder/pain?

Is it possible to have all normal testing and still have a bad gallbladder?  Since the 1st week of sept I have been suffering from RUQ pain, nausea after meals, sometimes nausea out of the blue, pain in my right shoulder blade, fatigue, lack to no energy level, 12 lbs weight loss, pain in my right...

Last reply
  • Patient

I had my gallbladder taken out about 2 weeks ago my right side is a little sore and can’t sleep on that side now my right shoulder hurts even when I laugh!!! Very weird .. do you think I still have gas or maybe slept on it wrong I have been really resting more than normal.. 

Last reply
  • Feeling fab

Hi everyone . Been to the hospital for my ten day check up. Had stitches out . Everything Bob on🤗🤗🤗xxx thanks to everyone in the group for helping me pre op xxx

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.