Skip to content

Gallbladder Problems

New discussion Join group Also known as Cholelithiasis/Cholecystitis, Cholestasis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • matt57085 2

Feeling so ill and sick of my GP practice.

Hi all, Convinced i have gallbladder problems doctor wont listen!!! Just joined today and looking for help please.I've not felt well since October infact i've felt very unwell my symptoms started after being out all day on my motorbike, that night when going to bed i put my head on the pillow and got...

26 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jane92727 2

Tiredness

Hi, does anyone else suffer from extreme tiredness soon after eating something fatty? I generally feel unwell soon after, with some discomfort in my shoulder and gallbladder region but also a wave of tiredness that makes me just want to sleep.

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sjl1978 2

Suffering post op

Oh god! I had my lap choley done 19th June finally after almost 5 months. Op was ''uneventful'' according to my notes. Not that I would know anything more as I didn't see my surgeon post op. So was home 5 hours after the surgery,felt groggy and had a lot of discomfort as to be expected. Got through the...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • linda282930 3

IBS and Gallbladder Removal

I suffer with IBS and am wondering if I would be better after having my gallbladder out. Has anyone had the surgery who suffers from IBS ? Is the IBS the same /worse after surgery ? I'm on a very restricted diet and would hope to eat better after surgery . Any experiences please ?

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • chris2 2

Gallbladder issue?

Hi folks Yesterday I got gas after eating a sandwich along with a dull ache below my right shoulder which lasted all evening. Today I still have some gas but the ache is almost gone. So could this be a gallbladder issue rather than ordiinary gas? Because surely ordinary indigestion isn't likely to last...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Rainorshine 2
  • ashleigh 42050 2

IBS after gall bladder removed

So I had my gall bladder out 4 weeks ago today. I've been to see my gp today after having lots of issues since the surgery and she thinks because of the stress my body has been under recently I have either developed irritable bowel or it's been made worse. Thankfully the infection I had seems to be...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • valerie21605 3

6 months post gaulbladder surgery

Hi can anyone help?   it is nearly 6 months since i had my gaul bladder removed and my stools are still sometimes very slimey and smelly.  also, i'm still getting a lot of flatulance!   i'm trying to be very careful as to what i eat, and sometimes frightened to eat anything incase i get the dreaded d...

24 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Acejohnston 5

Nausea 12 weeks after gallbladder removal

Had my gallbladder removed 12 weeks ago due to pain from 1 large stone. Had the dreaded diarrhea for 8 weeks but has settled. Have the most horrendous nausea I have ever experienced. It's worse in the mornings and I can hardly get out of bed its that bad. Some days it goes by lunchtime and I feel ok...

236 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • pam34236 3
  • linda282930 3

Reconsidering Gallbladder Operation

I was ready to have the operation to remove my GB but after reading all the negative posts I'm changing my mind. It seems too many people are suffering from worse pain and other symptoms after GB removal. The way I'm thinking now is that I can live with my symptoms , as long as I eat small low...

37 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sergregor868 2

Feeling great two weeks after surgery

Hi everyone. I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago and I am now fully recovered. I was in pain for a few days after the surgery, but I stopped taking painkillers 6 days after surgery as I didn't need them at that point. My incisions have all fully healed. I haven't had any diarrhoea or any other symptoms....

10 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • gillian196453 1

pain

hi I'm wondering if anyone is having the same feelings as me.I had my gallbladder out in September 2016 it wasn't an easy operation he said I had hundreds have gallstones I had to have a second procedure as 6 gallstones got into my bile duct I was in hospital for a week with all sorts of complications...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ann55375 5

Gallbladder removal diarrhoea

since removal running to loo is frequent. Its even worse now and sometimes no warning. Never happened when gallbladder was still in place. Anyone have helpful suggestions

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jay71299 2

Unsure if gallstones or muscular please help :(

A few days a go i was laying in bed one night and got a pinching sort of burning feeling on my right side just above my hip bone (supposedly where my kidneys are) and since then it turned into an ache on my side and now it's travelled up to my right shoulder blade. It's a constant sort of ache, it -feels-...

• tara80 2

Feeling awful mentally after Gallbladder surgery!

What no one tells you about gallbladder surgery.. My name is Tara. I am a Registered Nurse. I would like to tell you my recent story. I began having debilitating anxiety attacks in 2000. I would say prior to the attacks, I would be classified as a "worrier", but this was very different. Fight or flight...

17 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • happyalien 2

Gallbladder is gone so where is this pain from?

HI Had the dreaded gallbladder removed last June after only 7 months of pain (so I'm pretty lucky). Everything went well, home the same day - took a good 4 weeks to feel totally better after the op but eating was ok and I don't seem to be affected by bowel issues like some people. Only problem is...

946 replies 25 votes Last reply
  • deesan21 3

Still bloated after gallbladder removal?

Hello guys it's me again. So I have been having a couple of issues after my gallbladder removal on August 5th. My stomach seems to feel very full now. This happened maybe 3-4 days after my surgery. I also started getting nauseous. But what bothers me the most is this bloated feeling. It's very uncomfortable...

110 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • julie33393 1
  • Clareabell 2

Feeling really anxious after gallbladder removal...

Im currently on week 4 of recovery after having keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder after a very painful 9 months.  The pain has massively subsided, but im just feeling so crappy.  After eating, i either get a real sicky feeling, or i have to get to the toilet pretty sharpish.  I also feel so sad...

11 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • JPMedQuestions 1

After Gallbladder surgery: hot flashes when I eat

I had gallbladder surgery last Tuesday. I just cooked me some boneless/skinless chicken (half a chicken breast) and green beans. No fat. Why am I all of a sudden really hot. I get this way if I eat anything besides hardboiled eggs or almond nuts. I am only drinking water. Right now I am so hot...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • georgina52260 2
  • Scottie13 2
  • kaylesc 2

Life after gallbladder removal....

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 7 weeks ago, due to my gallbladder not working correctly. Although the op was laparscopic I was in so much pain I had to have an epidural. Anyway ever since the op I have been in pain, felt really sick and cannot eat!. I get excruciating pain up to an hour after food....

145 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • smigger15 3

Any good news stories after Gallbladder removal?

Hi all, I'm due for surgery in 36 hours and was feeling quite positive about it all. I have to say though that after looking on this forum there have been some really poorly people after their surgery. Is this the norm? I was feeling ok till I read all this.... now feeling apprehensive & slightly nervous....

41 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tamsyn59552 3

Could this be gallbladder?

For the last three months I have felt iller than I have ever felt in my life. It started with shoulder pains - really annoying ones in mid-June last year. Because I travel a lot for my job and because I teach I thought my shoulder pain was due to overexertion. But four months later in late October I...

30 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • mason79 3

Gallbladder/Abdomen Ultrasound

I've got one on Monday following discovery of a small polyp in my Gallbladder and the fact that I feel poorly after fatty foods. What can I expect on monday's scan? I know i've got to fast and not drink but are they likely to tell me ANYTHING???

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • charlotte85757 2
  • elaine96374 2

Severe itching after gall bladder removal.

I had my gallbladder removed in February of this year. I had major open surgery because it had been left too long and fused to my duodenum so keyhole was not working.  It's been four long hard months of recovery and it's only been the last few weeks where I have really felt like I was pretty much my...

11 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • 7Puppies 2

Pain after Gallbladder surgery

I'm new to the group. I had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago by robotics. Recovery went well. I am very active and am waiting to continue back at the gym. Within the last 2 or 3 days I began getting a pain to the left of my belly button (which is where my incision is). It is almost constant with more...

20 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jamie46803 2

Gallbladder issues?

Hi all.  I've been having what I would describe as intermittent RUQ pain.  It's worse after eating, but not immediately after eating.  I eat a relatively healthy diet and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, sometimes I have the pain and sometimes not.  It's a gnawing pain, up under my right rib cage...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jamie46803 2

Hida scan question

I had my hida yesterday and I had a lot of pain during which continued on 3 hours after the test. Anyone else have this?

• elizabeth112 3

ERCP to remove stones in bile duct.

Hi, everyone. I've not yet got a date to see a consultant re. gallbladder removal, but I am having an ERCP procedure next Thursday, to remove several stones in my bile duct. Has anyone else had this procedure, as a non-emergency pateient, and, if so, what was it like/what were the after effects?

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • reva 66852 1
  • ashleigh 42050 2

Cholecystectomy post op complications?

I had my gall bladder removed on the 30/5/2017 after having acute pancreatitis. When they did an ultrasound they didn't find any gall stones but still told me to have the surgery as I'd likely get pancreatitis again if I didn't. So I trusted them and agreed to have it removed. Since then I have regretted...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.