Skip to content

Gallbladder Problems

New discussion Join group Also known as Cholelithiasis/Cholecystitis, Cholestasis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • lbow 2
  • robert1305 1

How to stop your gallbladder attack ASAP

I ve had several gallbladder attacks and might have found a way to stop it in 5 minutes : As soon as you feel the slightest symptoms : walk briskly non stop Go up and down the stairs several times after taking 2 Buscopan pills ( available to buy over the counter ) It worked for me !!!

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • kaylesc 2

Life after gallbladder removal....

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 7 weeks ago, due to my gallbladder not working correctly. Although the op was laparscopic I was in so much pain I had to have an epidural. Anyway ever since the op I have been in pain, felt really sick and cannot eat!. I get excruciating pain up to an hour after

138 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • lbow 2
  • lucyboo 1

FINALLY DIAGNOSED GALLSTONES

I am 32yrs old and I have a 3yr old and hardly or should I say no family support for childcare either my doctor as given me tramadol for the pain 2 tablets every 4 hrs (it joking right? With a 3yr old) I've tried codeine but they just make me feel sick, I can't cope anymore x I feel like I never

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • carol 85816 2

Gallstones

Well I've just been to see the surgeon this morning I'm having the op end may be was happy to confirm that the bloating soreness stitch aching was gallstones problem they took my blood today so all systems go essentials well last night so need to get them out omg arghhh🤔

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Lindylou65 2

Hospital Appointment has come through

I have an appointment for tomorrow morning, Thursday, with a General Surgeon, following on from my CT scan which confirmed multiple gallstones. Really hoping I find a way forward. I am getting problems two or three times a week, with extreme bloating, and pain under my right ribs and round the back

32 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • lynda85102 1

fat free diet help

My daughter has gallstones and is in quite a bit of pain.  She was in hospital last weekend because of the gallstones, and was told to follow a low fat diet.  she is still in pain and went back to see her gp today, he has told her she needs to follow a fat-free diet.  as he put it no fat = no pain. ...

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sharron29 2

3 weeks post op gallbladder removal & still have pain

hi i recently had gallbladder removed (laparoscopy)due to g/b flare up's & having large stone which was seen on previous ultrasound. x3 weeks now since had op, which the Dr removed thickened wall gallbladder but no mention of large stone.? first x2 weeks I've been in discomfort & burning,on upper

17 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • bilj1982 1
  • happyalien 2

Gallbladder is gone so where is this pain from?

HI Had the dreaded gallbladder removed last June after only 7 months of pain (so I'm pretty lucky). Everything went well, home the same day - took a good 4 weeks to feel totally better after the op but eating was ok and I don't seem to be affected by bowel issues like some people. Only problem

915 replies 22 votes Last reply
  • robbo123 2

intercostal muscle

I have been told I have gall stones but could it be something else giving me my symtom I dont seem to have any other problems I have cut out most fat from my diet  My only symptom seems to be a spasm in the intercostal musles right round my torso I dont want the opo if something else could  

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • art19234 1

Bright yellow vomit 5 weeks after gallbladder removal

Hi there, I had my gallbladder removed 5 weeks ago and after the first week I had mostly recovered. The only reoccurring symptom I had was nausea after every meal, but this only caused vomiting once. Today when I woke up I felt very nauseous and had to rush to the toilet a few times with very

• towncrier 1

Duration of pain

I have confirmed multiple gallstones with the gallbladder calcified and ineffective. I have regular significant bouts of pain with nausea and vomiting which last up to 24hrs. I have pain at the moment which has now lasted 3 days. The pain is not as severe as usual but is still warranty an array of

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Leni75 4

Reflux and heartburn after gallbladder surgery

Has anyone  suffer or has suffered from  bad chest pain with heartburn after gallbladder removal? Iam eating a very low fat diet, in fact no fat at all, and I still get most times pain in chest with burning. I would like to hear from anybody that has the same and if anything helped to treat it

127 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • sithneygirl 1

In constant pain

hi I really hope someone can help me here, I've been having issues with my gallbladder now for around 3 years, I have been admitted to the hospital numerous times with severe pain, they have given me morphine which does help, I have had ultrasound and hida scan, ultrasound did not show anything,

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • deesan21 3

Recent gallbladder surgery removal questions?

Hi guys! So I recently had to get my gallbladder removed due to a massive 4cm gallbladder being stuck In the duct. I was feeling so sick months prior to this so this was probably the only culprit. I got it out on Friday so it's been the fourth day today. Just hope someone comments here and shares

37 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • stacey86791 1

Advice please...

I have been diagnosed with possible gallstones waiting for a scan, I have had bouts of pain but not taken to hospital, I'm now getting pain like a stitch on my left side under ribs is this related to gallstones does anyone know? What can I do to stop it as its like an ache all the time and worse

• Acejohnston 5

Nausea 12 weeks after gallbladder removal

Had my gallbladder removed 12 weeks ago due to pain from 1 large stone. Had the dreaded diarrhea for 8 weeks but has settled. Have the most horrendous nausea I have ever experienced. It's worse in the mornings and I can hardly get out of bed its that bad. Some days it goes by lunchtime and I feel

229 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • lol55705 2

Not sure if Anxiety or something else

I was recently medically discharged from the military. With PTSD and other issues, I've developed some stomach and gut issues that have been really bothering me recently. Getting out was really stressful for me, and this has basically started since then. It has also made my anxiety much worse since I'

• tonya32847 2

I can't drink water

Have any of you had a problem with drinking water before my gb surgery that is all I would drink. It's like it mKe me full after two drinks.

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • temi40912 2

4 weeks post op and very uncomfortable

I had my gallbladder removed 4 wks ago and feeling like I did before it wad removed. Not as much pain but really uncomfortable. Pain in my upper middle stomach around to my back. Feel a burning hungry feeling then eat to make it feel better then I feel sick because I ate. Nothing sounds good to

• ariah21509 1

9 Weeks Post GB Surgery

I had my GB removed about 9 weeks ago, simple 45 minute laproscpoic surgery. I was doing okay at week 6 sticking to low fat diet only consuming turkey and grilled chicken and eatling lots of green stuff and drinking only water. at week 8 it started to get bad again it felt like my chest was going

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • BrianRE 2

Pain After Gallbladder Removal

Last November I suffered severe pains in my stomach and back and after a scan was found to have gallstones and an inflamed gall bladder. I was told that I would need to have the gallbladder removed which I did five months after being first diagnosed. In that five months I eased the discomfort by

24 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shyamol81920 1
  • gayle68653 2

burning pain

Had GB surgery about 5 weeks ago and have a burning pain in my thigh. Dr said it would go away. Also have pain around belly button. Had laparoscopic surgery. Anyone else have anything like this?

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • viki15 1
  • emmabeth2017 2

Severe GB pain continues for years after surgery

Four years ago I reluctantly consented to allowing my surgeon to use the robotic surgery to remove my GB.  I have never regretted anything more.  The "small incision" was huge.  Over 5" vertical through my belly button.  Within a few days an infection developed, and 8 weeks of antibiotics later I

• kelledee 2

Fed up

Omg I have had enough now in July 2016 I had an emergency operation to remove my gallbladder which resulted in me being admitted to intensive care. So it's been 9 months and I'm still getting cramps, I've got to be so careful as some food causes diarrhoea last weekend I had salmon for dinner

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rachel05155 2

Sharp stabbing pain under right rib after surgery

I had my gallbladder removed this morning and doing ok for the most part but have notice intermittent sharp stabbing pains on the far right of my rib, to the right of the gallbladder. I knew I would have aches and pains but this is so sharp that it takes my breath away. It almost feels like

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Raydee 1

Gall bladder removal but now in pain?

3 weeks ago i had my gall bladder removed. I have constant diarrhoea but have been told this will settle. However I have now got extremely sore abdominal muscles and pain in the region of incisions. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • veronica60995 1

Could this be a gallbladder issue?

Hi All, I am type 1 diabetic and have been feeling under the weather. I've noticed a lump underneath my liver, you can't see it, but if I rub my hand over it I can feel a large lump. Initially there was no pain, I brought it to my doctors attention. She said she thought it may be a lymph node.

• Abby74 2

Gallbladder surgery next week... TERRIFIED!!!

Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first   I'm from Canada and 2 weeks ago I was having evere pain in my side that after an ultrasound was diagnosed as I was then referred to a general surgeon who said the best thing is to have it taken out so they scheduled me for

21 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • elaine96374 2

Severe itching after gall bladder removal.

I had my gallbladder removed in February of this year. I had major open surgery because it had been left too long and fused to my duodenum so keyhole was not working.  It's been four long hard months of recovery and it's only been the last few weeks where I have really felt like I was pretty much

10 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Tigerlilly352 2

Gallbladder out last week no fat for 4 weeks what can I eat?

Ok so after being so scared I had keyhole surgery last Monday and it was ok I am recovering well and taking each day slowly and I know it's going to be slow recovery. So far I've had the odd ache where gallbladder was but almost on no pain relief now. My rubbling stomach is v v loud though and

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions