Skip to content

Gallbladder Problems

Also known as Cholelithiasis/Cholecystitis, Cholestasis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Newby Gallbladder operation still waiting nearly a year on .

Hi I have just signed up . Brief history . I was diagnosed over a year ago usual gallstones need a operation urgent is my consultant's words not mine as I had been hospitalized several times . The pain as you all know is unbearable ,but after a year of agony I am now taking action . There is …

Last reply
  • Post gallbladder issues

Has anyone had constipation and at the same time  small soft incomplete stools and painful bloating 5 months after gallbladder surgery?   This is my latest problem.  And...I can hardly eat much due to the bloating and pain.  I have upped my water intake and eating a better …

Last reply
  • Nausea 12 weeks after gallbladder removal

Had my gallbladder removed 12 weeks ago due to pain from 1 large stone. Had the dreaded diarrhea for 8 weeks but has settled. Have the most horrendous nausea I have ever experienced. It's worse in the mornings and I can hardly get out of bed its that bad. Some days it goes by lunchtime and I …

Last reply
  • Day 7 post OP

I am now day 7 post op from having my gall bladder removed. The majority of the pain has gone but I am noticing issues with eating. I stayed on an all liquid diet for 5 days after the operation, but I have slowly started on solids. Vegetable soup, rice, cereal. Unfortunately, I can only eat a few …

Last reply
  • Gallbladder is gone so where is this pain from?

HI Had the dreaded gallbladder removed last June after only 7 months of pain (so I'm pretty lucky). Everything went well, home the same day - took a good 4 weeks to feel totally better after the op but eating was ok and I don't seem to be affected by bowel issues like some people. Only …

Last reply
  • I may need to have my gallbladder removed, & I am really worried!

In June, I found out that I have a few gallstones. I’ve been dealing with them for 4-5 years now & was always told it was GERD. I never once thought my gallbladder was to blame because my symptoms weren’t as severe as others. Over that course of time, I probably have had a handful of attacks. I …

Last reply
  • is it gall bladder problems ?

so i have been felling nauseous for around 2 years now with reflux, heartburn, abdominal pain and discomfort, i have had a endoscopy, a ultra sound and a ct scan which found nothing. the endoscopy and ultra sound were done 2 years ago when this all started and the ct scan was done recently. but …

Last reply
  • At last!!

Hi all, So, six weeks after my gallbladder removal, alot of pain, tears and despair, I can say that for the last couple of days I have felt well! Long may it continue and I hope that everyone doesn't give up and improves too, a three year journey that I hope has ended. 😁

Last reply
  • HRT after gallbladder removal

I am trying to reach Gillypoo who posted 3 years ago if taking HRT would cause her problems after gallbladder surgery, as I just had the gallbladder surgery and am taking HRT, hoping she see's this or anyone else may have this experience or concern?  Thank you in advance! 

Posted
  • I’ve had pain under my right rib for 5 months.

Amylase, lipase are slightly elevated. IgG4 elevated as well. Normal X-ray, ultrasound, mri, CT, endoscopy, HIDA scan and ultrasound by endoscopy.  Pain continues under right rib. Some fever/hot flashes. Some pain with exertion.  I’ve confused the doctors. Can anyone help?

Last reply
  • Reflux and heartburn after gallbladder surgery

Has anyone  suffer or has suffered from  bad chest pain with heartburn after gallbladder removal? Iam eating a very low fat diet, in fact no fat at all, and I still get most times pain in chest with burning. I would like to hear from anybody that has the same and if anything helped to …

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with gallstones

So I have had three nasty biliary colic attacks and been put on a list for an operation.  Over the last 5 weeks I’ve been eating ice cream a lot so that’s not happening anymore. I have read loads and the suggestions are to eat low fat. I’m scared of getting infections and pancreatitis. Any …

Last reply
  • Concerned about my gallbladder

For 3 years now I have been having gallbladder/gallstone issues.  I had my first attack three years ago and when to the hospital.  After a few hours the pain subsided and I went home.  I continue to have episodes (anywhere from 1-2 a month). I have had a ct scan that shows multiple …

Last reply
  • Suspected Gallstones - HELP!

Hi everyone! Over the last 3 month I have been getting a severe pain in my upper right stomach under my ribs which was so intense it caused nausea, vomiting and light/loose stools 🤢 thought it was just a tummy bug or something but in the end I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago realising that …

Last reply
  • First day post OP of gall bladder surgery removal

I expected pains around where they did the incisions for the laproscopy, however, I didn't expect the same kinds of pains in my stomach as I had pre op. I still feel pains and crampiness in my stomach. It makes me concerned. Has anyone else experienced this? Were you concerned that it was …

Last reply
  • Questran

Just wondering if anyone takes Questron and if so does it help you to eat fatty foods better and do you get any side effects ? Dr as just prescribed it for me but I only get diarrhoea if I eat higher fat . Just hoping it doesn't cause more bloating and cramps . !! .

Last reply
  • ive been so anxious for months now..what to do?

3 years ago my gallbladder hurts so much then doctor told me that it was dried and give me meds after I've been ok.But for this past months i have been suffering again in the upper middle abdominal pain and just a month ago doctor diagnosed me having polyp on my gallbladder and didn't give …

Last reply
  • Midriff Pain

I was diagnosed with a gall stone last year and have had only a couple 'attacks' with it and they have not been too severe. After this last one my midriff area feels sore inside and tender to touch. Is this normal? My doctor says she is not doing anything about it and to ' wait and see&# …

Last reply
  • How big is your gallstones

just wonder what's the biggest gallstone out there mine ic 29 MM. and finally getting it removed  after years of putting it off because started to affect my liver 

Last reply
  • Who else has had gallstone pain on left side not right?

I have been back and forth from drs and still no answers I've been in pain now on and off for the last 6-7 months and having really bad attacks of pain mainly in my left side under my rib and in my back and also I am bloating out most days and the last month I have been in pain every single day. …

Last reply
  • Gallbladder or heart problems?

I have had gerd for 3 years now. Just always took an acid reducer and that was that. The past couple weeks, it has gotten way worse and I have been throwing up almost every meal. So the gastroenterologist suggested my gallbladder is bad. I have had an ultrasound of it and they claim it's in …

Last reply
  • Pain all day

I've been having gallbladder attacks for few months it used to be once a week lasting about 2 hours now it's every day lasting about 10 hours . Been to hospital on Saturday was put on morfine went to gp Monday and was given oral morfine and anti sickness pain is awful and I feel like a …

Last reply
  • Gallstones

Hi. I’ve recently been diagnosed with stage 1 liver disease. I have turned my liver function around somewhat but I believe I’m really suffering from gallstones. I’ve had several ‘attacks’ from what I’m assuming is a gallstone passing. The pain is literally at the sternum area and radiates approx 10 …

Last reply
  • Gallstone but no action required?

Hi all! I’ve posted on here ages ago about the same problem, a few months down the line and I’ve finally been diagnosed with a gallstone (went for a scan last Thursday and saw the 4mm thing with my own eyes) it’s right on the neck as well, which means it’ll be on the move anytime soon, and we all …

Last reply
  • Post surgery pain

Had my gallbladder removed yesterday 7/24 in the morning. Swelling and pain is intense today and it hurts to breathe. I was told about 4 days of bad pain but I can not even stand right now. Does it get worse before it gets better.

Last reply
  • 4 weeks post gallbladder surgery

I had emergency gallbladder surgery and had to have a drain for a week. The first two weeks I barely lifted a finger. After 2 weeks i needed to go back to work over fear of losing my job. I work as a rural mail carrier. I drive while delivering mail and packages. I felt perfectly fine for those two …

Last reply
  • Post gallbladder surgery ongoing discomfort

I had my gallbladder removed 8 months ago... felt okay for a few months but now have been having more discomfort... if you’ve had yours removed and had horrible attacks before surgery you will know how I feel now. Almost same symptoms again. Why???? I’ve been back to gastro and they put me on …

Last reply
  • Right side pain, burning, burping and reflux - gallbladder?

Hi all, I’m looking for any thoughts/ advice on some stomach issues I’ve been having recently as I’m wondering if it could be a gallbladder issue. I’m female, 29, on the pill, normal weight with a healthy diet. Four months ago, seemingly out of the blue, I developed a range of symptoms which have …

Last reply
  • Diarrhea after gallbladder removal?

I had my gallbladder removed January 25th. Been ok... i didn't really eat the first 3 days. Now that I'm eating 'normally' I'm having some stomach issues still after eating, I get diarrhea with in minutes of finishing a meal, I'm always hungry after! I feel like my food goes …

Last reply
  • Looking for answers

I have been getting problems since January as when I eat certain foods it get severe upset stomach and feel really sick and can't get off the toilet, and get stomach cramps and feel awful. I have really watched what I have ate for months now and I can barely eat anything workout getting pain in …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.