Skip to content
Ad

Gallbladder Problems

Also known as Cholelithiasis/Cholecystitis, Cholestasis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Gallbladder is gone so where is this pain from?

HI Had the dreaded gallbladder removed last June after only 7 months of pain (so I'm pretty lucky). Everything went well, home the same day - took a good 4 weeks to feel totally better after the op but eating was ok and I don't seem to be affected by bowel issues like some people. Only problem...

Last reply
  • Avoiding constipation with gallstones

Hi all I have been struggling for several years now with bloating, belching, constipation, floating stools and general digestive discomfort, and more recently right shoulder pain. After going to the doctors on several occasions recently for tests (bloods and stool), there was an abnormal result of excessive...

Last reply
  • Got my surgery date for my hepaticojejunostomy

Hi Guys I heard back from the Heptobiliary surgeon today I am having my hepaticojejunostomy next tuesday sept 6th at University of Chicago. I am nervous..but hopeful that this long nightmare of sickness and pain Might be coming to an end soon.I know it will be a hard recovery..But anything is better...

Last reply
  • Bile Salt Malabsorption after Cholecystectomy

I had my gallbladder removed 11 years ago and have suffered with chronic diarrhoea since, but the condition is getting worse. I've been diagnosed with bile salt malabsorption. Most people lose weight with this condition, but unfortunately for me, I have gained around 3 stone. Has anyone with this...

Last reply
  • New Book that may be helpful: Living Well Without a Gallbladder

Hi, I was very sick and in pain for many years. My doctors told me it was stress or mental health issues. After 13 years of misdiagnoses, I was diagnosed with a condition related to having my gallbladder removed. Not everyone does ok after gallbladder removal and many doctors don't recognize postcholecystectomy syndrome....

Last reply
  • Stabbing pain after eating / gallbladder removed?

Hello, About 15 years ago, I had my gallbladder removed due to large cholesterol stones that blocked the gallbladder. I didn't have much trouble, actually, except occasional nausea, but I had a severe attack of vomiting with dehydration that landed me in the emergency room, and it was found that...

Last reply
  • Gallstones or not?

I've had severe pain under my ribs for a week. Seen a GP who did the test and confirmed the pains due to gallstone (s). I have an ultra sound scan tomorrow afternoon to hopefully confirm things. I have been prescribed Codeine 60mg 4 times a day along with Paracetamol. These only take the edge off...

Last reply
  • Life after Gall bladder removal

Just over 2 years ago I was having pain and told that I had gallstones and needed my gallbladder removed.  I had that done just 2 years in August.  Since then I have had the most appalling health. I swell every night and look like I am pregnant, the swelling sits on my lungs as it is high...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder removal

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know I had my gallbladder out yesterday, and that it wasn't so bad! Not much pain at all! My tummy is swollen from the air that was pumped into me. I was a little scared at first but the doctors and nurses made me at ease. The op took about an hour, they didn't...

Last reply
  • New to gallbladder issues

Last Thursday I woke up to severe abdomen pain just under my breastbone.  It lasted about 2 hours and went away.  I've been having a lot of pain between my shoulder blades but I have myofascial pain disorder and get a lot of muscle knots. My PT said I had a big one on the right side and...

Last reply
  • My op

Got my op the 5th of sep anyone got any happy storys im so scared !!!!

Last reply
  • Does my gallstones size alarming?

I just got my ultrasound results and my doctor appointment is still 2 days from now. My gallbladder findings goes something like this: There are multiple, echogenic, shadowing structures seen with aggregate measurement of 22mm. CBD is not dilated. Impression: multiple cholelithiasis. Do I have gallstones...

Last reply
  • Long-term effects on no GB; can't tolerate starchy foods!

I'm about 4 months post op now and I've gotten on pretty well, much better than I thought I would. I can even eat extremely fatty foods like peanut butter in reasonable amounts without much effects.  However, one thing which Ive noticed is an intolerance to certain starchy/high carb foods....

Last reply
  • Gallbladder problems

I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis and gallstones at the beginning of June and told that I have to have my gallbladder removed, told surgery would and getting worried now I have not heard anything. Getting really down about it as I am constantly in pain and when I eat something it seems to make...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder question?

I had an US scan a couple of years ago to check for gallstones but didn't have any although it showed up i have fatty liver which i am addressing by lifestyle change.  My problem is that i get a sort of dull ache type pain behind my right shoulder blade and am not sure if it's a muscular...

Last reply
  • Normal testing and still have bad gallbladder/pain?

Is it possible to have all normal testing and still have a bad gallbladder?  Since the 1st week of sept I have been suffering from RUQ pain, nausea after meals, sometimes nausea out of the blue, pain in my right shoulder blade, fatigue, lack to no energy level, 12 lbs weight loss, pain in my right...

Last reply
  • Life after gallbladder removal....

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 7 weeks ago, due to my gallbladder not working correctly. Although the op was laparscopic I was in so much pain I had to have an epidural. Anyway ever since the op I have been in pain, felt really sick and cannot eat!. I get excruciating pain up to an hour after food....

Last reply
  • Gallbladder related or Peptic Ulcer? Please help!

Hi everyone, it's me again. So it's been about a month since I had my severe attack. I still have pain under my right ribs in the URQ, excessive gas, belching, nausea, loss of appetite, heart burn, acid reflux (burning sensation in my upper stomach and above), and excessive mucus in my throats...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder Back Pain

Has anyone ever had gallbladder pain where the pain is mostly in the back?  About 3 week ago I have been having severe mid-back pain. Dull achy stabbing pain. It sometimes goes into the right side of my stomach and pain right above my navel. When I eat it gets worse, but more so in my back. Nausea...

Last reply
  • gall stones

Hi im asking if any one has gal stones with little or no symptoms??...i have few stones with 7 8 mm. Sometimes i have bowel symptoms and a bit of loose motion when i eat oily foods...now that i have voice hoarsenness, gagging , lump sensation and sometimes chest and back pain...most of the symptoms come...

Last reply
  • Feeling so ill and sick of my GP practice.

Hi all, Convinced i have gallbladder problems doctor wont listen!!! Just joined today and looking for help please.I've not felt well since October infact i've felt very unwell my symptoms started after being out all day on my motorbike, that night when going to bed i put my head on the pillow...

Last reply
  • Negative ultrasound. Could it still be gallbladder?

A couple weeks ago I had an u/s and then went to the ER a day after that because this pain was not going away and I was worried. I have struggled with sharp pains in my side for years that would come and go. For the past 2 years I have had this right side ache that would also come and go. I use to call...

Last reply
  • Weakness and nausea 4 months after gallbladder removal

well it's been 4 months since I had the gallbladder removed on Tuesday and I'm no better. Still persistent nausea no appetite dry wretching or sometimes vomiting in the morning and horrendous weakness. It's been the worst 4 months of my life. Waking up in the middle of the night every night...

Last reply
  • Post op

Hi all, it's me again!! So I'm now 9 days post op. Generally on the whole doing ok. Have had a few issues and an infected belly button wound which seems to now be clearing. Just wondering how long everyone was in pain for after there op? I'm still in a fair amount of pain when moving, walking...

Last reply
  • 3 1/2 weeks post op

Hi all! I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op and I'm still get very bloated and gassy after meals, it does not happen all the time but most of the time, still have abdominal cramps , it feels like I'm going to have diarrhea ( my main problem/ symptom before surgery) but I don't , this morning all...

Last reply
  • Is this a gallbladder problem?

My GP is referring me for an ultrasound scan.  I'm not sure if i have a gallbladder problem but my symptoms are a discomfort under my right rib, radiating to my back and inbetween shoulder blades.  Could this be a gallbladder problem or a pancreas problem?  i'm getting quite worried...

Last reply
  • Gallbladder attack?

So yesterday was by far my worst day since last Oct when 'it all started' After feeling unwell, right sided abdominal pain, nausea, low mood I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst which I've since had removed but also my doctor insisted my symptoms were not the cyst so she kept on testing...

Last reply
  • Gastritis after Gallbladder Removal

I was wondering why months after my surgery I was still feeling awful but I now have my answer! The doctor told me that some people get gastritis after gb removal. He pressed on my stomach and it hurt so much I could barely breathe! I've been taking carafate for 5 days now and it's wonderful....

Last reply
  • Abdomen issues, sternum and right rib ache

Hi,  I am a 38 female and have been having abdomen issues.  End of 2016 I had really sharp pains radiate across my lower abdomen (felt like bladder) which caused me to retch and lasted for 20-30 mins.  The severity would calm down but I would still have the same dull soreness for most...

Last reply
  • Continued pain after gallbladder removal

About a year ago I underwent a laproscopic cholecsytectomy after several months of sporadic acute pain and sickness after eating. After discovering I had an extremely low ejection fraction my surgeon gave me the option to have my gallbladder removed thinking that was causing the pain, so I did. A couple...

Last reply
  • Still bloated after gallbladder removal?

Hello guys it's me again. So I have been having a couple of issues after my gallbladder removal on August 5th. My stomach seems to feel very full now. This happened maybe 3-4 days after my surgery. I also started getting nauseous. But what bothers me the most is this bloated feeling. It's very...

Last reply
  • Belly button wound

Hello, so I'm now 5 days since having my gall bladder removed, generally doing ok still very bloated and sore  especially lower back. My wounds all seem to be ok other than the belly button? Just changed the dressing and where the stitches are it just looks gross and all brown/oozy?! Not to...

Last reply
  • Surgery in the morning!!!!

Evening all, so I have my Surgery tomorrow at 12:30 and I am currently feeling extremely anxious and nervous about it all. Not so much the actual operation but about how I will be feeling after and the recovery! I have seen some people on here have been suffering horrendously. Any advice/tips will...

Last reply
  • 3 cm gallstone with chest pain

Hi guys, I've been reading your stories and really do feel for you. I have been diagnosed with a 3cm gallstone in my gallbladder. I have constant chest pain in the middle of my chest up my neck and my right shoulder , I also have pain in my right lower rib which is very sore to touch. I take codine...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.