Chest pain, trouble breathing, palpitations, d and disorientation 2 weeks after gallbladder removal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed laproscopically on 3/21/18. I am only 21 years old, and also have Fibromyalgia. I have been to the ER 3 times in the past week because my chest has hurt so bad, I could not catch my breath, my heart randomly beats faster, I am super dizzy, weak, and I started randomly feeling disoriented and confused. I have had 2 chest xrays, a CT scan, and blood work. Everything came back normal, and nobody could figure out what is wrong with me. I have an appointment with my PCP soon, but she is not usually very helpful. I saw the surgeon last week, and he did not think anything of my symptoms. None of things ever happened to me until 3 days after my surgery. My wounds healed fine, and are clean. Could it be an infection on the inside? Or is something else going on? Please help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to read your post and hope someone will help you SOON.   If you have an infection in your body, I believe you would be running a fever.   If your symptoms continue, I think all you can do is to continue to go to the ER until someone does something or your PCP does something.   My gallbladder has been gone for 15 years and I have suffered pain from time to time in my chest and where the gallbladder used to be.   Recently, I had to go to a gastro doctor, who did a scope into my stomach and removed 50 cc's of bile that has accumulated and said that can cause extreme pain, enough for people to believe they are having a heart attack.   However, your surgery hasn't been long enough for you to have such a build-up of bile, I wouldn't think.   Don't know what you are eating but just beware that you probably WILL have stomach issues after the gallbladder is gone.   Not everyone does, but many of us DO.   Best of luck to you.   If nobody else helps, consider the gastro doctor.

• Posted

Hi,

I had mine out on 27th Mar. A week ago. and i’ve been getting chest pain as well. My back has been really sore as well. Mine seems to be from bloating and trapped wind. Have you tried a liquid antacid. I get some relief from that. Big gulps of it. I have been getting palpitations as well but no dizziness or anything. I have a neurological condition and a lot of nerve pain and I think if you have something like that the signals get all scrambled and often pain manifests itself strangely. Your fibromyalgia could be doing a similar thing. 

It’s very scary when it’s your chest but I think a helpful thing is to write down all you symptoms and if it happens again read them and say right it’s the same and it’s not my heart cause they’ve checked that out. It helps to calm you down. Good luck and let me know how you are. I’m a week behind you so we can share stories. Message me if you want. Claire ❤️ Xx

• Posted

Hi. I had my gallbladder surgery Oct 2018. Since I got home same day I started experiencing severe chest pain. Right in the middle of my breast from top to almost my belly button. It is 1,000 out of 100. I thought I was having a heart attack. It is severe, I can’t breath or talk, so winded as if someone punched me in my chest or if someone is sitting on me. I get dizzy, disoriented, extremely hot and feel like passing out. Til this day 10 months out I still experience it. Sometimes its 1-10x a day. Sometimes it skips a day or so. Sometimes I just have complete pressure all day but no actual episode. I saw my surgeon once to twice a week for a few months and she states she’s never heard of this. She referred me to my Gastroenterologist because I also have IBS and fibromyalgia. She stated after a few visits that I have Visceral Hypersensitivity. I have also seen a Cardiologist whom did some testing and said my heart is fine and he doesn’t know. I have never experienced a pain lik this my whole life. I feel like I’m having heart attack and going to die. It’s good to know that the pains will stop after sometimes 5-10 minutes on most occassions, sometimes longer, but on days I will get them a few times a day, which is awful. I would definately prefer to be in labor than go through this. Although my Gastro gave me a diagnosis I still believe this is due to the gallbladder surgery as it didn’t start til the day of. I feel helpless and don’t know where else to go for an opinion. 
    • Posted

Sorry I meant October 2017. What gets me through episodes is ice packs on my chest, walking or laying down, a fan faced me for hot flashes, breathing techniques long deep breaths and long exhales so I don’t hyperventilate and talking myself through it.  It’s better than doing nothing at all. 
  • Posted

i know it was 5 years ago, but did you figure out why you were having all that pain? my daughter just had her gallbladder out 5 weeks ago and she has all your symptoms. I am here Dad and sitting in the ER with her. Please let us know. thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.