Gurgling upper right abdo

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive had an ultrasound which showed no gallstones. but after a few meals... not necessarily a fatty one. i get gurgling in my upper right quadrant.

ive had a hida scan which showed a small amount of bile acid malabsorption.

i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this and found the solution.

it just seems very gallbladdery to me.

i am also currently recovering from a laparoscopy that removed endometriosis so im not feeling great after that.

having sharp pains all down my side and back from what they think is a kidney problem.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

yep mine did that...especially right before i had it removed. i didn't have stones either. it was swollen with thickened wall from chronic cholecystitis. it bothered me off and on for about three years.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i dont have anything like that.

no stones, no sludge, no swelling, nothing.

it just grumbles loads and feels really warm when it does grumble. i have a pain that feels like a stitch. and sore ribs.

how has your removal recovery gone ?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

my sonogram did not show the swelling or the thickened walls either. He told me that after he took it out.

The surgery went well. i am glad i had it. no pain in my side since.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

just a random question as i can't find anything online.

did you ever feel like a warm sensation upper right?

the gurgling has stopped but now it goes warm every so often.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i cant recall it ever feeling warm but it would feel swollen, like a bulge under my ribs. it could be inflamed though. that would make sense why its warm feeling

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up