Gurgling upper right abdo

Posted , 10 users are following.

ive had an ultrasound which showed no gallstones. but after a few meals... not necessarily a fatty one. i get gurgling in my upper right quadrant.

ive had a hida scan which showed a small amount of bile acid malabsorption.

i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this and found the solution.

it just seems very gallbladdery to me.

i am also currently recovering from a laparoscopy that removed endometriosis so im not feeling great after that.

having sharp pains all down my side and back from what they think is a kidney problem.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

yep mine did that...especially right before i had it removed. i didn't have stones either. it was swollen with thickened wall from chronic cholecystitis. it bothered me off and on for about three years.

• Posted

i dont have anything like that.

no stones, no sludge, no swelling, nothing.

it just grumbles loads and feels really warm when it does grumble. i have a pain that feels like a stitch. and sore ribs.

how has your removal recovery gone ?

• Posted

my sonogram did not show the swelling or the thickened walls either. He told me that after he took it out.

The surgery went well. i am glad i had it. no pain in my side since.

• Edited

just a random question as i can't find anything online.

did you ever feel like a warm sensation upper right?

the gurgling has stopped but now it goes warm every so often.

• Edited

i cant recall it ever feeling warm but it would feel swollen, like a bulge under my ribs. it could be inflamed though. that would make sense why its warm feeling

• Posted

I was just wondering if you opted to have your gallbladder removed and if so, have your symptoms stopped? My situation is very similar. Constant dull ache in upper right quadrant and a feeling of having a constant side stitch. My regular doc ordered a CT scan and they can't find anything that would be causing my pain. About 8 years ago I had a HIDA scan which showed no stones, sludge or wall thickening but my ejection fraction rate was only 12%. I opted to not have it removed at the time and eventually my symptoms subsided.....until now.

• Posted

Hey there, I realize this is a rather old thread but I came here trying to find out why my stomach is making all those gurgling noises as well after having my gallbladder removed approximately 1 year ago. I wondered if you ever found out what the culprit was.

• Edited

I've had exactly these symptoms for the last 18-24 mos. Pain in upper right ribcage, unusual heat (so uncomfortable, it wakes me up at night). Swollen bulge under ribs.

Usually worse if I've eaten a lot, but not necessarily related to this every time. The gurgling happens ALL THE TIME.

Had the ultrasound, had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. No stones, bloodwork was fine, nothing unusual on the scopes.

Icing the Area sometimes helps, strangely. The symptoms go down for while but come back later.

Have not had Hida test yet. One Dr suggested I should, but the other Dr I visited wouldn't let me have it for some reason. My family history has a lot of removed gallbladders.

Wish I knew what it was or if there's a solution. It's not usually intense pain, but it comes and goes and is very tiresome/uncomfortable. It's lasting so long, they're not figuring out what it is for some reason.

• Posted

the Hida test induces a gallbladder attack if you have the CCK hormone given, can be painful. Can take 1 to 4 hours. If you had a stone that passed, nothing will show up on scan

• Posted

hi there

ive had gallbladder gurgling when i was diagnosed with gallstones. i am going to see a surgeon very soon to discuss gallbladder removal

• Posted

I had the extra same thing, except I also has high lipase levels from a stone that caused my pancreas to get acute inflammation. The problem was they saw no stone because I took a Chancea Piedra gummie to dissolve the stones. Since they saw no stones or sludge, they would not do the surgery. yes still suffering waiting for another emergency room visit this time I will leave the stones so it can be removed.

• Posted

I've been dealing with this uncomfortable feeling for over five years If I use my imagination to describe the sensation, it's like the gallbladder fills up with air or bile and then squirts it out -- causing that internal flatulence type of noise. The gallbladder area sometimes visibly swells up. Sometimes I'll massage the area and it causes the sounds, followed by a few seconds of relief. The discomfort and sounds never come from a different area. Sometimes the feeling is similar to the feeling you get just before you have diarrhea, but in this case the diarrhea never happens. An ultrasound showed nothing. The doctor finally said, "Maybe you need to take antacids". (Ha!) My wife had her gallbladder removed. It was determined (after several tests) that hers quit working. The surgeon said it was shriveled up. Anyhow, it makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one. I feel your pain.

• Posted

This is exactly how mine feels, only it started after I had my gallbladder removed November, 2018. I had constant nausea and pain, Hida was 97 % which they said was GREAT (it's not, it means your gallbladder is overactive). Convinced my surgeon to remove gallbladder during my hernia repair surgery; pathology showed I had chronic cholecystitis.

These days the constant nausea is gone, being replaced by intermittent sharp pains in my upper right quadrant, and very frequent gurgling noises and feelings of strong pressure. No noises anywhere else, doesn't seem to correlate with food or drink. I had a colonoscopy in September that showed an ulcer in my cecum, which my dr said was probably a benign finding. I've had several CTs, 2 endoscopies, lots of bloodwork, and a few abdominal ultrasounds, but still no answers.

My dr doesn't seem too concerned. However, my sister died of bile duct cancer at age 35, so anything weird in that region makes me nervous. Plus my stomach is so loud I don't even want to leave my house. It's super frustrating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.