I am experiencing dizziness after my gallbladder remove

Posted , 7 users are following.

Feeling a little bit better but still dizzy here and there is anyone else feeling like this

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Glad to hear you're recovering well. I'm still pre -op but all can say is I get dizziness now which Drs keep saying is not a gallbladder symptom, however, many posts on these forums etc seem to relate to a connection. Not sure how long post -op you are as this would make a difference, if not long, you may still have meds in your system, or if liver enzymes have been up, these might still be causuing symptoms. Also have you been eating, as I can eat very little/ limited foods at present and this has played havoc with my blood sugars and may cause dizzy spells. From research, some sources say we can expect up to 6 months for the body to adjust after Gb removal, many symptoms may persist, or new ones may occur until it all settles down. If you are worried though, best to mention to the Dr, just in case of any unforseen complications. Good luck and take care.
  • Posted

I had my gallbladder removed in April last year.

No dizziness.

How long since you had your gallbladder out?

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hello, Precious2983!  I don't know how long ago you had surgery, but I was told by my MD that removing the gallbladder is a difficult surgery to get over.  I expected to feel well in a couple of weeks, but it took me much more than that to build up my health again.  My MD reminded me that surgery is still surgery.  Most people have had a long time of feeling terrible before their gallbladder issues get diagnosed and then waiting for surgery.  Take care of your precious self, eat as well as you can, and rest.  Exercise gently, eventually, you'll start to feel better!  Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi.I suffered severe dizziness after gallbladder removed.. I went to doctors and got prochlorperazine to treat it and it worked,I was so bad with it sometimes I couldn't stand long enough to wash a dish or make a cup of tea...I think it's connected to liver function as I was tested every 2 weeks to check my levels were returning to normal and as results improved so did the dizziness... Good luck x
  • Posted

I had gallbladder surgery last September and have been experiencing dizziness since. Also, since the surgery, started taking BP meds, which I never had a problem with. It's been 9 months, something isn't right. Very frustrating not knowing when the vertigo is going to hit me. Open to any suggesting... Ran so many tests and all were negative.

• Posted

hi i have had my gallbladder removed nearly a year ago now and have had dizziness and feeling off balance ever since,i have had numerous blood tests ct scans mri scans and all coming back normal i have also seen the consultant who basically has said he has never heard of this but i was fine before, i struggle to drive where i feel extremely dizzy to the point where i dont anymore i have been out of work since and basically been told to wait for neurology appointment i have daily dizziness,shaking/tremors in my hands feeling very faint and some breathlessness also ive been on google and come across this post and wondered if you have been sorted now or have and advice please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.