11 weeks after chipped ankle/sprain

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone. on september 26 this year i hurt my ankle. unfortunately I was an hour away from a hospital, and staying in a hotel, so we waited until coming home the following morning to go to an urgent care. my ankle swelled to the size of two tennis balls on the outside area. urgent care gave me a splint and crutches (after i asked) and sent me home and back to work. i ended up going to an orthopedic doctor, they put me in a walking boot and said it was a bad sprain. the second appointment they took more xrays and said there was a chip in my ankle bone, but they didnt know if it was new or old. i told them it must be new as i have never hurt or injured my ankle before. two weeks later i was taken out of the walking boot, and told i was fine. it is now 11 weeks, my ankle is still swollen- in pain, and the interior of my foot is a hard lump. Any ideas on when this will get better? ive been working through this the whole time, and just made a new appointment to get rechecked on Monday afternoon. I dont know if i need to rest my foot and ankle for a little bit, or what. im on my feet, going up and down stairs, driving, etc. constantly at work. i dont know if i should ask for a few days off to see if that will help, or what else i can do that will help the injury get better. i have been icing it for the past 11 weeks, taking tylenol, ibeprofune, etc. as well as soaking it when i can. i miss being able to walk without being in pain constantly. sometimes it gets so bad it keeps me up at night.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.