Skip to content
Ad

Ankle Problems

Also known as Sprained Ankle

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • What to expect...help!!!

So this Friday will be 7 weeks since my fall and Saturday will be 7 weeks since surgery. I am excited to be starting walking (as long as my x rays look good on friday) but I'm also super nervous. What's it like to weight bear for the first time? How does the ankle feel? I can't wait to walk...

Last reply
  • One week left

Hi all! I have 1 week left in this cast!!!!! Thank God! I think the swelling is gone but it appears my cast is starting to come loose😳 Oh boy this is going to be a long week! My birthday is this Thursday and I can't do anything uggggghhhh! 

Last reply
  • Next step in the journey

I am cleared to start walking tomorrow. its been a really long process but i have a few questions... 1. how long did it take for everyone to start walking again? my doc said that if i was able to i could even ditch the crutches and start walking but i feel as if its not that easy.. 2.I put partial weight...

Posted
  • Ankle Strength Tips

I got my boot on almost two weeks ago, my dr. gave me the OK to take it off to sleep and to shower. He also said i can start trying to gain back mobility. Anybody have any tips on how to speed up the ankle movement? Im finallyyyyy allowed to start walking after 2 months (in my boot) on Friday. i take...

Last reply
  • Cast is off..........but now there's pain.

Hi all...I wrote 6 weeks ago that I'd just had a cast put on. It was taken off yesterday. The doctor said it will take a week before the pain is gone because it's been kept stiff. Is it really safe to move it around even though it hurts? I find myself preferring to be in the cast with no pain....

Last reply
  • Chronic ankle pain

Hi,I like most people on this forum suffer from severe pain from ankle replacement surgery or ankle fusion. I had my first replacement in late 2014 and have been suffering ever since, I've taken high doses of tramadol and currently on morphine tablets and morphine liquid daily to try and ease the...

Last reply
  • Ankle Fusion

I'm five weeks post opt from a double ankle fusion & still have the same level,of pain around my ankle as I did before.  Every time I move, I feel it & sometimes at night it throbs like a son of a gun. How can I tell if this is the hardware causing this pain? It doesn't appear to...

Posted
  • Ankle fusion for Haemophiliac

Hi, just looking for some feedback back from anyone who has gone through an ankle fusion. I'm currently having severe pain in my left ankle,from years of bleeds ,and have been told that ankle fusion is the thing to do. So at the minute I'm scheduled in for surgery in January 2018. Bit I'm...

Last reply
  • My turn for the fed up/ranting post! 11wks post funsion.

So I had my left ankle fusion on the 17th May and I'm really getting fed up now! I've had 7 ankle ops in 12yrs and this was my only opinion to get rid of the pain. I was in a cast for 6wks and now a boot for 6wks. Got my next clinic appointment to see my consultant in 2wks and I may have to...

Last reply
  • Resigned to the fact I will not walk for months

I have concluded from reading everyones posts that this will not be a quick process. I am a doer not a whiner, and I have all of you with experience to share, I am now organizing my world around me to make life easier. Could you share some "short cuts" on getting things done?

Last reply
  • Laser therapy

Good afternoon everyone! Seen a podiatrist today, and she doesn't think I need surgery on the tendons in my ankle, but she did suggest getting cold laser therapy on my ankle. Has anyone had this procedure done previously, And in your opinion, how did it work for you! Thank you for your help everyone!...

Posted
  • Infrared light treatments?

I was wondering if any of you had this? I had both my pomeranian pups knees done in February and he got the light treatment. He had both knees totally redone and he healed and recovered very quickly. I was bringing him for the light treatments 2x week. I thought why aren't I getting this ? I...

Last reply
  • Post surgery

Good evening  I did ankle surgery last week ,now I can't feel my 4th and 5th toe I have severe numbness ;I read that may b nerve damage during surgery ,any one had same problem?!

Last reply
  • Ankle fusion Haemophilia

Thought I would post my experience. Was wary of posting as did not want to tempt fate, but 6 weeks xray tomorrow so will post. Ankle fusion, my second, other was 40+ years ago went perfectly. No pain whatsoever, no painkillers needed after initial nerve blocker for op. Cast no trouble at all and six...

Last reply
  • Dry skin after ankle surgery

I had ankle surgery on 30 June to repair 2 broken bones. This includes a plate and screws. On day 10, I was transitioned from a cast to a walking boot with explicit instructions not to bare weight or remove for more than one hour a day. I had my staples removed as well. (I passed out from the pain)....

Last reply
  • Driving

At what week were you able to start driving if you have started? I am hating it being able to and being dependent!  

Last reply
  • Ankle fracture

Hello ,I am 30 years old female 10 days ago I twisted me foot and ended with bimalleolar fracture ,I listed for surgery after two days ,Iam really scared  and depressed ,any one  Have this surgery before ?! 

Last reply
  • Next surgery scheduled August 29th

8 months ago I was hit by a truck resulting in both of my legs being broken. My right side was my hip, pelvis, femur. The left side was my tibia and fibula with a compound spiral fracture. My right side has healed. The left leg is still broken I lost a lot of bone when the bone came out of my skin. The...

Last reply
  • Update on recovery 3 months out.

For those who don't know, this is my second ankle surgery for the same problem, and to try to fix surgical error from the first one. This second surgery was only half successful, and I nearly died twice during recovery. I even wound up in the mental health ward for 2 weeks due to a breakdown. ...

Posted
  • 6 weeks post ORIF...advice

So I'm 6 weeks out from my ORIF and was supposed to have my x rays tomorrow to see of I could start weight bearing. The surgeon just called and had to reschedule for next Friday. I'm so upset and I'm pretty much done with this stuff now. My question is, how do you start weight bearing? Do...

Last reply
  • How do I walk??

Doctor today looked at x-ray and saw progress (bone growth). Said I could bear weight on it (as tolerated)....Now what? Currently using a walker. Sent me with a referral to start rehab but can't get in right away. I don't want to waste any time. When they first release you to be able to bear...

Last reply
  • Walking FWB

I have been walking FWB for two days and in regular shoes (8 weeks post op).  I used walker first day and tried crutches second day.  The pain is horrible.  He did X-rays and I'm healed.  It's just so stiff and I swell.  Trying to get through this day by day. Came home...

Last reply
  • Was in a car accident and broke my ankle and tibula

I was in a car accident 2 weeks ago. They tried to reset my ankle twice and then ended up having to put an external fixator on to decrease swelling. Last monday i got screws and plates put in. I was told 8-10 weeks till i can start walking. They told me there is one screw they want to take out before...

Last reply
  • 6 Weeks Post Ankle Surgery...need help!!!

Hello: I had surgery 3/2/15 for a fracture of the left tib/fib and spiral fracture of the ankle.  I had a rod inserted and 7 screws.  For 6 weeks I was non weight bearing, but 3 days ago I was told I could start partial weight bearing.  I need some guidance if anyone is out there.  First,...

Last reply
  • Sprained ankle 8 weeks ago

So while trying to mow the lawn, I fell into our pond and was unable to bear weight on it.  So I hobbled to the car w/ my daughter's help and drove to the doctors.  They took xrays and came back with no break or fracture, so I went home did the Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. ...

Last reply
  • New Intense Pain 10 weeks Post op

hi everyone  in the past few days my pain on my surgery site below the ankle ands side of foot has developed new pain I'd say a 8-9 that's caught me by surprise. Has any of you had this happen. I know with new physio treatments being more intense I'm thinking is the cause. I'm trying...

Last reply
  • Pain under foot after surgery

I am 8 wks post op peroneal tendon surgery. I started partial weight bearing at 5 wks (52 pounds). Last wk I increased to 70 pounds. I have had relatively little pain other than a zing now and then behind my ankle and in calf. A couple days ago I decided to try for the first time using crutches and...

Posted
  • Ankle Fusion Update...good news, finally! 👍🏻

So I saw my consultant today, had X-rays and the op has done its thing and my ankle is now fused! The air cast boot has been ditched, I can FWB and I'm now slowly weaning myself off my crutches. I have my first Physio appointment at 9am in the morning and I'm expecting a fair bit of pain but...

Last reply
  • 2 weeks post op after surgery for broken ankle...what to expect

So 2 weeks ago I was carrying my 3 month old and going outside. I stepped on some uneven ground and fell, breaking my ankle in 3 places and also dislocated it. I had surgery the next morning and have had it in a cast since then elevating it always unless I go to the bathroom. However it still aches and...

Last reply
  • Feeling better after the fall and got my even up shoe

Hi all just an update so I'm almost 5 weeks post op. I fell down the stairs the other day thank goddess for the cast I'm ok! I got my even up shoe today because I have 12 more days until the cast comes off. My foot wants to move so badly! I've developed bursitis from using the one arm to...

Last reply
  • Exercises to get foot to lay flat

Hi all! I am a newbie here. I broke my Fibula and Tibia on the 4th of July. Surgery left me with 2 metal plates and 12 screws. I finally got the okay from my doctor to start with partial weight bearing. The issue I have is that I still am unable to flatten my foot in my boot. My heel still is elevated...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.