Jerking sensation in my post surgery ankle

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone experience a jerking sensation in their leg or foot after surgery?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When was your surgery? Just asking cause I did a week after surgery.
    • Posted

I continue to have a jerking sensation since surgery. Sometimes, I am awaken out of my sleep.
  • Edited

I had ORIF for a trimalleolar fractures (3 different places) and yes I had the jerking for a couple of weeks, particularly the first ciuple of days, very like restless leg syndrome, but worse, with severe shooting pain jerks. I think it is because so many nerves are damaged and cut. My physio said it was the nerves regrowing, and ‘rewiring’ in the brain. It is 6 months since my injury, and havent had these since 3 month mark I think.

kelly

• Posted

Hello kbeen

Ok, now it makes since why I am having a jerking sensation, my nerves are rewiring.

• Edited

I  thought it was just me. Yes! It started 2-3 weeks after surgery. I am almost 6 weeks postop now and it seems to be stopping. Its always in bed at night, since I started taking the boot off at night.
    • Edited

When I first felt the jerking feeling, I woke up and was like who the hell trying to attack me 😂 Are you wearing a boot and are you still using a crutches?

• Edited

Yes I’m wearing a boot and still on crutches. I’m allowed to take the boot off to sleep. I go Wednesday to physical therapy to start partial weight bearing. I used to be afraid of that but now I just want my life back.  Can’t wait to walk again.
    • Posted

We're almost the same weeks of post op. Can you move your ankle up and down to the fullest already?

• Posted

Good Afternoon tricia09818

I wish you all the best going to P.T. If you still rely on pain meds, take them before you go. I don't know how you sleep without the boot, I can't. My legs and foot swells immediately so I always keep the boot on. I only release the straps on my boots for 30 minutes a day. I can't wait to walk again as well. How you endured your injury if you don't mind me asking.

• Posted

No I can't. I only wiggle my toes in order to maintain circulation. My foot is too painful still.

• Posted

i had to start taking my boot off at night and just sitting to get my scaring from surgery is

on both sides. it is finally starting to heal and is itchy.

i on week 11 of no weight injury was june 26th my surgery was july 22nd it has been a long summer

• Edited

Hi there. I hope you’ve been told the importance of walking level. And have invested in Even Up Shoe. I’m glad I couldn’t were boot because I was unaware and would have have more hassles than I already have. It’s a very difficult injury just be so careful it’s so worrying how many fall again from the unstable ankle.  Good luck with your recovery. 
    • Edited

Hi Jenni. Thank you for your advice. I wasn't aware that I have to wear shoe which measures up to the height of the boot. I am going to a wedding on the end of the month,and I am lost for words. I don't know what kind of shoe I can wear to this event. So far, I have been wearing flat boots which is comfortable.

Have a good day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.