Jerking sensation in my post surgery ankle

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone experience a jerking sensation in their leg or foot after surgery?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Under the circumstances I don’t thing anyone will mind if you go to wedding with sneakers and an Even Up Shoe. Your future walking life is at stake here so got to be the safest you can be. After 10 months I still limp pain at times. And limping is the worst for bones as well. It’s a very mental thing tell your self with every step NOT to limp. Takes some rewiring of the brain.  Hope your having a good day 
    • Posted

Hello Jenni24876 Yesterday, I had a lousy day because I had to take care of a few errands, which lead to my feet resting on the floor. My ankle and leg was so engorged and numbed. When I got home I elevated my foot and took a Tylenol to alleviate pressure.

As far as the wedding, do you think it's appropriate to notify the bride that I will be wearing sneakers? I agree with you 100% my life is at stake, so the wedding guest supposed to understand.

• Posted

Anyone who would be upset over it would not rate on my radar. So wear what is safe and comfortable.let the bride shine   I saw dr today. Referred back to surgeon. Not happy but it is what it is. after 10 1/2 months I had been hoping to be back to normalish. 
    • Posted

I am so sorry you were referred to follow-up with a surgeon. I hope everything goes well with you, stay strong. Why the doctor told you to consult a surgeon? Can you bear weight at the moment? Feel better!

• Posted

therapy went well-felt good to put the foot to the ground. No pain, just a pins and needles feeling. She said that's the nerves trying to wake back up. I'm about halfway moving foot up and down, sideways about 20% but she gave me exercises to help get that back to normal. She was amazed at how well I'm doing . I can't wait to ditch the boot altogether and the crutches!!

?To sleep without the boot, you need to have your dr's ok. Probably not until your xrays show good healing. I wrap my ankle and lower leg in ace bandage at night-it gives the ankle enough support and protection. The first couple nights the foot was a little sore but it got used to the freedom and I sleep great now! Finally.

• Posted

yes. i just had procedure done to my left ankle one 7 days ago. I think on the 5th or 6th day its been jerking while i fall asleep. It wakes me up and hurts sooo bad like somebody is grabbing it and twisting it. Idk what to do. I'm afraid to fall asleep. Ive barely been sleeping at all since day one as well. I'm so sleepy. I have a check up with surgeon/doctor in one week. i hope this jerking stops because it's making this so much harder and painful!

• Posted

Yes, I have these at night and It started after first surgery 6- months ago which was unsuccessful so it continues after new surgeon and surgery two weeks ago. The night time is when it goes crazy while Im sleep . God will work it out for me!!!! 2024 is my year for healing in the name of Jesus Christ!!! Yes!!!!

Doc T

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.