11 weeks post recetocle any cystocele aching after housework?

Posted , 10 users are following.

It's so frustrating, After doing two hours housework. Nothing to heavy. Vacuuming, dusting, no real scrubbing. My rear feels like been kicked. I stopped and put my feet up for awhile. How long does it take to get back to normal? Should I not be vacuuming yet?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure about back to normal lol I'm 6 months post a & P repair and even though I had a few complications, I still get the back ache and heavy feeling if I do too much so I think the answer is listen to your body x

• Posted

Hi I was the same at that stage and it really took my by surprise that I still couldn't do what I wanted but am just about back to full fitness now. I had my op on 10th may and only the last 2-3 weeks I feel I've turned the corner. I'm a good bit overweight but can easily walk 5km now and swimming no problem. I can carry heavier loads but try not to but stillborn get pain and heavy feeling if I forget to drink lots of water and end up constipated. I'm 45 and found the recovery very frustrating and emotionally I have been a total wreck which has really surprised me as I'm a strong character. Chin up another month or so and you will be right as rain xx

• Posted

I just love this site. It makes you feel so much better when you can find out so much more from ladies who are going down the same path as you are.

I fiqured that I had done to much....

It does effect you emotional too.

I've gain some weight in the belly too, I'm so ready to get it off, but feel I still shouldn't do to much yet. For now I wear I wear loose cloths.

Thanks Liz.

• Posted

My belly swelled up too, it still swells up if I do too much but on the positive the weight I put on it is now coming off. I'm so pleased I found this forum too as they definitely do not give you enough information,according to the paperwork you can Hoover work etc at 12 weeks, they I'm still off work at 6mths although we are all different take care x

• Posted

Hi grace, I was nearly 4 month's before I vacuumed. Your body is telling you you've done too much.

• Posted

I  am only 3 weeks after my posterior repair.I am saying to myself that I will not know if it is successful until I resume my daily choirs.This has made me worry Grace.
    • Posted

Don't worry just listen to your body and take your time it's a bigger operation than you think, I stupidly did too much and knocked myself back so just take your time

• Posted

I feel pretty strong now, just don't hold out as long. Much better than I was a six weeks. Until recently I only straighten up. Lucky that had a cleaner come in every two weeks. I'm very glad when the two weeks come around, I was one to vacuum 4 times a week.

Now I just look at it, doesn't drive me as crazy as it use too.

Every week you will find you feel better.

Best of care.🌺

• Posted

I am  so glad I have found this forum.Hospital literature  does not give  you the full picture.
  • Posted

Sometimes we don't realize how much of a heavy works we've been doing. Vacuuming seems to be such an eazy task but when you thing of a pressure you put on that brush when pushing and pulling - it is a heavy job and a lot of pressure on your freshly repaired muscles!

don't get frustrated, just take it eazy and slow, you've had very complicated surgery and if you don't look after yourself now, there's a risc of it happening again.

I'm the same - it's my seventh week only after the same procedure, back at work, 8-9 hours serving on my feet ( no sitting or resting at all ), plus housework on the top of everything, but nothing heavy to lift or to push ( my body weight is enough to cary around - need to lose about 5-7 kg ), need to give up this OCD of cleaning!!!

Best regards

• Posted

Hi I wouldn't be vacuuming yet. I have just started into my 6 month postop. And still am being very careful in what I do.

• Posted

I think I will wait awhile longer. Had that dragging sore feeling.

That's good to know what it's like at 6 months.

Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.