11cm fibroid

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks in March. When I had my ultrasound to confirm they found a fibroid and since then I have been being seen by the hospital. I've had blood tests and a mri.

This showed that the fibroid is a pedunculated fibroid.

I was meant to have a face to face appointment with the Dr yesterday but it turned into a phone appointment because he had to isolate. He told me to have it removed but then went on to tell me that if there was a lot of bleeding then I'd go on to having a full hysterectomy which scared the hell out of me.

Does anyone know how often this acctually happens?

I have epilepsy so am also worried about the operation and pain after it as pain is one of the main triggers for me.

Back on to what the doctor said...

I have to go and have a face to face appointment when he is out of isolation so he can feel my tummy and the fibroid (can you feel it from the outside?) and we can discuss the operation.

Does anyone know any questions that I should be asking? My mind has gone completely blank since he mentioned the hysterectomy.

Seeing as recovery time is between 4-6weeks is there any benefits I would be able to claim to help financially?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.