11th week TKR p o

Posted , 6 users are following.

The future is looking good! Yesterday was the first time to step off curb unaided! It was just after the PT work-out, the ice and muscle massage so I can't say the cane is history yet but what a freedom.! The outpatient PT is just what was needed along with all the tips and sharing here.

razz

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Very happy for you!  

On my way to PT.......will there ever be a day I don't dread it?

• Posted

Left PT feeling mentally uplifted.  Flexion is up to 110.....woo hoo!
    • Posted

flexion 110, that great and good for you, may i ask how long did it take for you to get there? just at pt today and got 90 degrees at 6 weeks ???
  • Posted

Keep up the good work n good for u. May I ask how long u have been into yor Tkr. I'm 5 weeks, slow progress but ea day seems to get better, I'm very impatient. But trying to stay positive. Using motivational n relaxing apps as well
    • Posted

Sorry, I see, you r in 11 weeks... Keep up the good work!
  • Posted

It makes me smile our little accomplishments that we make that only we understand! I rode the stationary bike at pt yesterday and first time since surgery (5 1/2 weeks) I was able to pedal all the way around and peddled for 15 mins! I was so excited! lol. Congratulations on your accomplishment Marge! Keep up the good work!
    • Posted

I peddled all the way around today too!!!  Proud of myself. 👍
    • Posted

Yeah Mary!!! I know exactly how you feel! ! Congratulations on your mile stone and keep up the good work!!
    • Posted

yea! you keep it up girl, the stronger you get the better the results and back to a new you1
  • Posted

Well done marge, all these accomplishments make us feel so good, I went out for a walk on my own(with my crutch) yeasterday and it was lovely to feel independant again. S
    • Posted

PT Jane said that after 9-10 mos p o we will not think TKR days.....ahhh another reward to look tobiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.