12/13 weeks on citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all hope you had a lovely Christmas, I have a wee question, Iv been on citalopram for roughly 12/13 weeks, I am getting better, I have to say, the last month consisted of 1 bad week 2 good weeks then 1 bad week and last week good, but yesterday and today I feel myself coming down so I'm sure I'm in for another wee blip, I know I will get through it, it's just trying to get through it 😩.,,,,,,,, can anyone tell me it's normal at this stage please, - and thanks xxx

Wendy

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy. 

Im only on 4 weeks and have good and bad days so I can't answer for you. However, from reading other posts on the 'anyone not had any side effects' forum, I think it's fairly common. We are all different and some people get there quicker than others. One thing I have noticed is that people disappear off of the forums as, presumably, they've got better.  Some people however have stuck around to help us newbies which is fantastic!  

What dose of cit are you on? I'm on 20. It may be that you might need a slight increase. That's fairly common too.

just remember one thing.... we are going to get better!!!  X

• Posted

Hi Debbie thank you for your reply, I think it is normal, I'm on 20mg also and have only been on this dose for about 7 weeks (was on 10mg before that) I think I will give the 20mg longer though as I think In Time it will sort itself out,

It is good that people stick around and help us, as most of the time we just need reassurance

Hope you are well

Wendy xx

• Posted

Citalopram will have times when you will have side affects or what seems to be a fall back in your condition. I take the drug for about ten years and I seem to function very well. Give the drug time to work, eventually with patience all should work out for you

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.