12 days in and no weight loss - please help me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been taking the blueys for 12 days now alongside Slimming World and I have lost nothing! In fact I have put on half a pound! I am so disheartened reading about all the experiences on here I thought it would be the same for me!

I get married in 10 weeks and desperately want to look my best for the big day!

Can anyone help? sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try wriitng down and weighing every mouthful and checking you are sticking to a 1200-1400 cal diet with no more than 30 g fat a day. How is your exercise going? Are you trying to get hot and sweatyy several times a week. The pill doesn't work on its own - it just boosts the effect of the other measures you are taking.

Tell us what you are eating - be honest! - and someone on this site will help.

We are all really sympathetic - all doing it together.

• Posted

I too am new to Orlistat, just starting week three and have had no weighloss either so I can sympathise. But keep going, I'm hoping it will work out in the end!

This has been my experience so far: I drink well over 2 litres of water a day, have two dog walks a day, two to three aerobic sessions (Rosemary Conley class) per week, the occasional game of squash with my husband - and since starting Orlistat I've kpet a food diary and itemised every single thing. Not one sweet thing or fizzy drink has passed my lips in this time. Where am I going wrong?????

I have been 100% committed to this medication adn haven't wanted to cheat at all and having read nearly all the posts on this forum before deciding to go ahead with the tablets, thought this was maybe my answer. But I'm wondering, if you don't eat any fat, what is there for the Orlistat to grab onto? In which case, if I've not had my customer comfort eating of chocolate/biscuits, how come the weight's not fallen off me anyway? It does make you think why bother and doesn't seem fair!

So you're not alone - here's hoping we'll both have some luck soon! xx

• Posted

markyategirl

Try using a tape measure as well - you might notice a difference.

Also when do you weigh yourself? I know I've lost weight by going down a dress size but I also know my weight varies during the day. 2 litres of water will show as 2kg on the scales, that's almost 4.5Lb. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning to get your 'true' weight. Believe it or not this is why anorexic clinics weigh their patients first thing, anorexics use water to make their weight appear higher than it is.

BEC1980

You need SOME fat in your diet - your body needs fat to absorb certain vitamins so make sure you have some fat. I had problems with my gall balder a few years ago and was put on a really strict low fat diet and lost nothing. Not only do the pills need fat to work but your body needs it too.

I've just plateaued for a few weeks but have started to lose again.

Remember you need to count calories as well as fat. Fruit is virtually no fat but can be high in calories.

Keep going both of you - you can do it. If I can do it anyone can. I weighed 10Lb at birth, was a big child and teenager (weighed 13 stone at age 13) and have NEVER been slim. I've a long way to go but I feel I will get there with the pills and the support from people on here.

• Posted

Hi Sashh,

Thanks for your reply - it's great to have suggestions from people. I do weigh myself each morning and yesterday decided to do the inches option. Maybe that will show a difference.

On your reply to Bec about calories, we had a very interesting talk at our Rosemary Conley class last night about a lady who was filmed whilst on a diet - she said that even when she followed a low fat diet, she still didn't lose weight.

She was asked to write a food diary each evening (not during the day) and then was filmed for a further week or so - they were told to spy on her too!! She was convinced she had a low metabolic rate and had various tests done. She also drank some special drink during this filming time that the clinicians were able to calcuate from her urine the amount of calories she had consumed in the day and how much her body had used up.

The results were amazing! Her calculation of what she consumed in a day was about 1100 calories. The clinicians proved she was consuming just over 3000!!!!! But she thought she was being healthy. Her huge bowl of fresh fruit salad in the morning might be the right healthy choice but laden with hidden natural sugars.

It made me re-think what I was eating anyway..... perhaps i'm more than 1200 a day too!! Hope you found this interesting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.