12 days on Duloxetine -should i increase to 60mg

Posted , 1 user is following.

ive been on duloxetine for 12 days at 30mg. I'm really tired on it, feel like i've no energy, but i felt that way before i went on them for depression.

I don't feel like there is any benefit at the moment so i wanted to ask whether i might do better on 60mg?

I've been on other meds over the past few months but only get to about 10 days due the side effects.  

The duloxetine doesnt' make me anxious, just sedated.  It has not lifted my mood as of yet, but maybe this is becuase I'm on a low dose?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was tired on 30mg and it didn't seem to have been working much so Dr. advised to try the 60mg. It worked better, the tired went away about a week after but it wasn't the fix all for me, so he added mirtazepine for my insomnia and wow! Not only did I feel better, I was sleeping again and I was waking up feeling great. It had been a long time since I had felt that good and I cleaned my house, went out shopping and felt comfortable around people etc. He called the combination of the Duloxetine and Mirtazapine "Limerick Rocket fuel", apparently named that because it was quite effective....still on it now and I have no signs of depression

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I've got doctors appointment today so will discuss the increase to 60mg.

I'll post my progress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.