Skip to content

Duloxetine

Also known as Cymbalta

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Where to turn to

my son has suffered with depression for the past 20 years, I don’t know how to help him anymore. He rarely leaves the house or his room, no friends as they are all getting on with their lives and although included him in the past, he has made excuses not to see them so often that they don’t ask anymore....

Last reply
  • Lexapro to Cymbalta

Hi-I’m cross tapering Lexapro to Cymbalta. I was on 12.5 mg of lex and tapering to 10 mg for a week (on day five) then 5 mg for a week. At the same the time, I’m taking 20 mg of Cymbalta. I’m taking Cymbalta at night. I also take 25 mg of traz and .5 of Ativan for sleep. I woke up today super out of...

Last reply
  • Struggling to sleep on Duloxitene

Hi I have been struggling to sleep for the past couple of months I take 60mg of Duloxitene and I can't sleep at night because I wake about 2 or 3 In the morning is there anything else I can take to help with my sleep if anyone could help that would be great thanks x

Last reply
  • Want off this and back on sertraline!!!

I first started on sertraline and was up to 100 mg a day for depression and anxiety. Then my pain management doctor had me switch from that to duloxetine for the  same plus chronic pain. I am now on 60 mg a day. I made the switch pretty seamlessly. I went down to 50 mg of sertraline and then stop...

Last reply
  • shaky and jittery--three weeks in on cymbalta

hi--i am about 14 weeks postpartum and have had pretty bad PPA. i was on lexapro during my pregnancy and postpartum for a bit and it just didn't seem to help, even with increased dose. I was on 10 mg-15 mg and had a hard time tolerating the side effects. So--I cross tapered to cymbalta about three...

Last reply
  • Coming off of Cymbalta

Hi there! I’ve been off of Cymbalta for about 9 (ish) weeks now. I was on 120mg for five years for my fibromyalgia. Has it affected anyone’s menstrual cycle? Since coming off of Cymbalta, along with 2400mg of Gabapentin and all other medications, my cycle has been totally out of wack and nonexistent

Posted
  • Duloxetine Brain zaps (not coming off or reducing dose!)

Hi, I’m new to this website but wanted to see if anyone else taking Duloxetine had experienced brain zaps when still on it. I’ve heard of people getting them while coming off the meds but not while on them. I’m only on 60mg, have been for 4months now, psychiatrist wanted to bring me to 90mg per day but...

Last reply
  • Switch from Cymbalta to Sertraline

Cymbalta seem to not work as it should. Have been on it 9 weeks and I still feel anxious.  Have any of you switched from Cymbalta to sertraline (which is the medicine I got first time I had anxiety)?  Any help would be appreciated! 

Last reply
  • Been on 30mg duloxetine for 1 week

Hi I have been mixing pregabalin 300mg with duloxetine 30mg... I have been on pregabalin for about a year now due to chronic nerve pain..had to change my antidepressants couple weeks again... doctor changed my anti d's to duloxetine as there ment to help with pain as well as my mood swings lol......

Last reply
  • Morning dose

I take my 60mg in the morning like you said with my vitamins . I’m tapering off mirtazapine at night which really helps with sleep so I’m dreading coming off them completely. Still feel jittery and sick and sweating buckets a couple of hours after taking my morning dose 

Posted
  • Go to docs Hun

Tell your doctor what is wrong and they will hopefully refer you to a councilar before advising medication 

Last reply
  • Question about duloxetine (simbalta)

Hi everyone, im from Ukraine and im new to this forum, so i want to agologize in advance about any inconveniences! Here is the short story: im 21 year old paraplegic (after the car accident in 2010) guy with a chronic pharmacoresistant pain syndrome in my anus. I've tried everything: gabapentin,...

Last reply
  • Sickness

I’ve just started duloxetine 60 mg and feel sick and shaky 🤮 been on mirtazapine for ten years also plus morphine patch . I’m taking duloxetine for depression and wondered how long the side effects last ? 

Last reply
  • 30 mg

I have been a panic anxiety person since I was 15 and am now 30. When my last med which was lexapro gave out dr put me on cymbalta 30 mgs.  Been on since December. I definitely think it has its moments. I’m good a lot but then I have bad times a lot too. I have lost close to 15 lbs which is a good...

Last reply
  • Duloxetine low my anxiety but I don’t feel with energy!,,

Hi , I am new in this chat. I have been taking duloxetine 30 mg a day. My anxiety and depression is better in this 4 months but I am concerned about what is the best time to take this medicine because during the day  I can’t be active , my body doesn’t respond, I just want to be in my sofa 😟...

Last reply
  • 2 medications together

HI I am on 5mg escitalopram, week 5 coming up, lots of anxiety still could I take duloxetine with it, have been reading that's it's OK, have been on it last year for fibromyalgia, , thanks

Last reply
  • Side effects possible???

I’ve been on 60 mg of Cymbalta for a few years for anxiety/depression. Recently my anxiety got really bad so my doctor  added in 10mg of Buspar twice a day. Didn’t help. Tried 15 of Buspar and it made me fee yucky so we cut back to 10 (twice a day) and added 30mg of Cymbalta at night as well. I’ve...

Last reply
  • WHO IS TAKING CYMBALTA -- TELL ME ABOUT IT.

Hi folks.  Within the next two months or so, I'm contemplating taking Cymbalta.  I am right now tappering off Remeron and not sure I want to go back on a SSNRI smilar to Remeron aka Mirtazapine.  Any input welcome.  Thanx.

Last reply
  • Duloxetine (Cymbalta) Withdrawal Bad News!

Wow, this is really really hard to get off of. I have taken 60mg for 2 years for nerve damage to my left leg. It worked fairly well up till recently when the pain started creeping back and my Doctor prescribed Lyrica, which worked great for the pain. He never said to stop the Duloxetine but I did not...

Last reply
  • Quitting 10 years of 60 mg Cymbalta

Have been taking this insidious drug for over ten years for pain  in neck and back.  Initial reaction was great.  Now not so much.  On March 2,2018 I quit the drug cold turkey against my doctor’s wishes.  I wish I had done it sooner.  Only side effects were brain zaps occurring...

Last reply
  • Starting Duloxetine (Cymbalta) Progress Diary 2018

Hi Everyone, If it's ok, this will be a diary of my progress on Duloxetine, which i have started to take today for the first time I have started on 60mg, of the generic brand (Duloxetine) Below is some background about myself, and then in the next post below is the beginning of the diary......

Last reply
  • STARTED CYMBALTA HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS

I've only taken 2 doses of 30 mg and I have terrible side effects. My head is in a fog and I feel my coordination is off. I also have bad headaches. Basically I'm bed ridden. I know that side effects are normal in the beginning but this is ridiculous. Anyone have better luck with Zoloft? my...

Last reply
  • Four days on Cymbalta, becoming depressed? CFS

I can't see my doctor for a few days.. She's away. I've started Cymbalta 30mg and I'm starting to feel depressed over it, I've battled depression for years and finally I got off the medication, I fell ill and now I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. So I've got Cymbalta to try and...

Last reply
  • Cymbalta and Duloxetine

My father (65) has been taking Cymbalta for several years.  On Feb 24th Saturday,he started complaining to me about ringing in his ears.  Didn't get to see him much until the following Wednesday, when I talked to him on the phone and he asked me about a wreck (that I didn't have) I...

Last reply
  • Please seriously reconsider starting Duloxetine!

My friend is writing this for me because I cannot. To anyone considering starting Duloxetine... Please take a moment to hear my story. I am in the midst of the most hellish period of my life EVER due to withdraw symptoms from Duloxetine. And I've been through quite a bit! I need to feel like somehow...

Last reply
  • Cymbalta side effects

Has anyone experienced severe dreams and nightmare while taking this medication. I have been having very realistic nightmares. Any suggestions or similar experiences

Last reply
  • Good alternative for Pristiq

So I have been on Prostiq for a few years now it works amazing by my insurance does not cover it it the generic form.  Can someone please help me know what would a good alternative be.  I was looking at  Cymbalta (the generic form of it actually).  Does anyone have any advise? I have...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.