Skip to content
Ad

Duloxetine

Also known as Cymbalta

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Duloxetine/Cymbalta sedation - please help

Hi there, I've been on 40mg of Cymbalta for a couple of months and while it helps my anxiety, my mood has remained low and I have been very depressed. I have had problems with being overly sedated on the SSRI's so my psychiatrist switched me to Cymbalta. After my last visit I have been put up...

Last reply
  • Coming off cymbalta

Day 1  Feeling very dizzy Nauseous and sick just found out about brain zaps when you turn your head and a zapping sensation eyes and head  Sleeping helps dreams are real and emotional  Day 2  Same as day one but getting worse physically sick due to motions and brain zaps  Sleeping...

Last reply
  • I am taking cym balta 30 mgs

Cymbalta seems to be the only drug that does not make me suffer awful side effects. However I have gained 8 pounds already and am unhappy about this. My appetite has not increased. How do I fight the gain weight. I actually eat very little

Last reply
  • side effects with cymbalta

ok still not over taking gambepentin for 4 days a month later so they started me on cymbalta....the next day i could hardly walk i was so dizzy standing or sitting..finally went to emerg..where i lay in a bed for a week...they adjusted my blood pressure meds (which were fine as far as i knew) then told...

Posted
  • WHO IS TAKING CYMBALTA -- TELL ME ABOUT IT.

Hi folks.  Within the next two months or so, I'm contemplating taking Cymbalta.  I am right now tappering off Remeron and not sure I want to go back on a SSNRI smilar to Remeron aka Mirtazapine.  Any input welcome.  Thanx.

Last reply
  • tapering problems

Hi, I dropped down from 60mg to 30mg 6 days ago. I have NO energy. Feels like there is a tonne weight on my head. My whole body is weak and wobbly. Can barely keep awake, sleeping and having trouble waking up. Headaches are unbearable. Dizzy. I'm going to assume all this is normal for tapering from...

Posted
  • Advice for Stopping Cymbalta

Hello! I'll try to make this to the point. I know if you're in the midst of a withdrawal, you don't feel like reading a book! I successfully stopped Cymbalta cold turkey this past summer (June 2016). I'd been on 60 mg for nearly 6 years, since I was 24. It helped for the first few...

Last reply
  • Nightmares

Hello, I've been on duloxetine for a few months and I'm having horrible horrible nightmares. How do you stop this? Thank you!

Posted
  • I'm coming off Duloxitine

I was put on Duloxitine November for sciatica . 30 mg increased to 60 which worked well. I seemed to develop a cough (I would be chesty anyway). I've since had drug reduced to 30mg and am coming off but cough is still there all the time. Anyone else had this problem and I am so so tired . 

Posted
  • HELP!!Cymbalta not working after 4 months on 60 mg

Has anyone had the same experience? I have no motavation or energy and tired all the time. I want to change to another depression med & my psychiatrist is giving me a hard time. She said that Zoloft didn't work for me so what's left.....well there are sooo many antidepression drugs out there...

Last reply
  • duloxetine - not sure about it

Hi, I've been on this for over two months now and I'm not sure whether to stick it out. I was on 30mg for a month then went up to 60mg which I've been on for little over a month now. I don't feel it's working yet. It hasn't helped my fibro pain, and in fact since starting it I've...

Posted
  • not sure i can stick this

Hi, I am on cymbalta for fibromyalgia and depression.  I switched from 40mg citalopram (18 months) which wasn't helping my depression to 30mg dulox. Was on that about two weeks and have been on 60mg for another two. I'm soooo tired. I have chronic fatigue anyway but this has taken it to...

Last reply
  • Mixing brands?

Hi guys, I have just picked up my meds from the Chemist (in the U.K.) and having been on Duloxetine for approx 1.5 years, for the first time I have been given a brand other than Cymbalta. I take 90mg per day and have been given 60mg Cymbalta and 30mg Mylan brand. Just wondered if anyone has mixed two...

Last reply
  • duloxetine and anticoagulants

Hi, I'm on dabigatran (pradaxa), an anticoagulant, because of recurrent deep vein thrombosis. My GP has now prescribed my duloxetine (cymbalta), to help deal with low mood and anxiety related to work and family issues. I was on duloxetine in the past and it helped me, but I'm uncertain of its...

Posted
  • Is this duloxetine withdrawal?

I could really use some advice. I had been on 60mg of duloxetine for about 4 years. Back in April I decided I would like to slowly reduce. I spoke to my GP who supported my decision to slowly reduce and we agreed that I would manage it myself. A friend had struggled with duloxetine withdrawal but I...

Last reply
  • Do I take Cymbalta or don't I?

I have recently been prescribed 30 milligrams Cymbalta per day to start. I've been reading so many things many good and many bad about the medication. I have had surgeries in my neck and have broken vertebrae in my back and have been dealing with pain issues for a very long time. Also deal with some...

Last reply
  • Severe Tiredness Duloxetine 60mg

i have been taking Duloxetine for two years for depression and headache pain.  It has helped with both but has left me with the worst possible daytime tiredness. I was tested for sleep apnea and found to have it mildly, I now sleep with a machine and have that under control but still want to sleep...

Last reply
  • Just Started Today

Okay, so I forced myself to take my Duloxetine (Cymbalta) 20mg this morning. It's been about 6 hours. I've had three panic attacks because I don't like taking meds. Relatively calm now, but started feeling nauseated trying to eat lunch and feel like vomiting. Also have a funny feeling, like...

Last reply
  • 12 days on Duloxetine -should i increase to 60mg

ive been on duloxetine for 12 days at 30mg. I'm really tired on it, feel like i've no energy, but i felt that way before i went on them for depression. I don't feel like there is any benefit at the moment so i wanted to ask whether i might do better on 60mg? I've been on other meds...

Last reply
  • Has anyone had weight gain taking Cymbalta?

I started Cymbalta about 2 months ago at 60mg.  I had just lost a bunch of weight going through Fentanyl withdrawal.  Now I've gained it all back and feel hungry all.the.time.  I'm already overweight and was so proud of losing so much, but now - I'm really upset with myself....

Posted
  • Duloxetine withdrawl

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of coming off Duloxetine when only having been on it a short time? I was on 30mg for a month, 40mg for a month and 60mg for 2 weeks. During the 60mg period I experienced feeling out of my body. This really scared me so I want to get off the drug completely....

Last reply
  • Duloxetine withdrawal hell

Hi, just wondered if anyone is experiencing the same symptoms from tapering off duloxetine. I went from 30mg everyday to 20mg every other day. I ve gained so much weight and have pleurisy like pain. Is anyone else experiencing this? X

Last reply
  • Side effects from stopping Duloxetine

Hopefully you can help. I was put on Duloxetine 2 years ago at 90mg a day to help with pains in my legs. I suspected fibroids but doc said no. Thinks it's a part of my osteoarthritis. Anyway it's been horrendous trying to sleep for the last year so doctor wanted to put me on mertazapine. Slowly...

Last reply
  • Are these side effects normal when starting Duloxetine?

Hi there! My doctor prescribed me Duloxetine 30mg and I was told to take it in the morning time on an empty stomach.  I took it for only 2 days and then I quit, because I was experiencing weird side effects with my eyes.  The Duloxetine caused me to have huge pupils and I looked high as a...

Last reply
  • Duloxetine Withdrawal Side effects

Hi....I've been taking 90mg of duloxetine for a while now but after having many different side effects my dr has suggested I drop down to 60mg.....I started the new dose 5 days ago and 3 days ago came down with symptoms I can only describe as flu! Whole body ached, could not get warm no matter what...

Last reply
  • Duloxetine - can it cause hair loss?

I was taking Mirtazapine 45mg and Venlafaxine 150mg and it seemed to be working well, but it seems the Venafaxine was raising my blood pressure so doctor took me off that and replaced with Duloxetine.  Still taking the Mirtazapine, I began taking Duloxetine 15mg then 30mg, and it was shortly after...

Last reply
  • HELP!!!!

I was on cymbalta since Sept, 2016 60mg & it didn't help my depression. I also wanted to stop smoking so I I'm now on Bupropion HCL 150XL for 3 wks now. I think my depression is a little better, but hasn't slowed down my smoking. Has anyone taken this for smoking & at what mg will...

Last reply
  • Duloxetine and cold feet

My doctor prescribed 60 mg duloxetine once a day for nerve pain in my foot. I have never had cold feet before and after 1st day of taking it my feet cannot get warm. It is more than annoying, it keeps me awake. I also take Gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day and Tramadol 50mg 3 times a day. I have taken the...

Last reply
  • Side effects

I've been in duloxetine 60mg for 2 years for anxiety causing accute diarrhoea which ruined my life for 20 years. Though this has stopped 90 percent of systems has given me these symptoms: Terrible tiredness 24/7 Limbs aching Always coughing I feel lousy but don't know what to do as they have...

Last reply
  • Not sure if I should take this medication ..

Hi , just been given Duloxetine... Just not sure about this medication really ... Can you drink at all ?? I am going on an all inclusive holiday in May with the family , I don't like the idea of being the only one not drinking ... I find having a few drinks helps my socially awkwardness and relaxes...

Last reply
  • Increased Cymbalta to full 120mg Dose

I've been fighting depression for over a year now. It all started with my hormones changing due to peri-menopause. I had a full hysterectomy after and I'm still trying to balance hormones with my Dr.. My P-Doc has had tried me on Prozac, lithium combo which helped me years ago. Didn't work...

Last reply
  • Pain Medications

Hi I'm Cynthia I'm on the same meds as you. Gabapentin and just started on duloxetine. I look up the side effects of duloxetine on the internet look it up and see how it affect you. I have shortness of breath also never thought it could be the med . Also have heart failure . I'm not going...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.