Lexapro to cymbalta

Posted , 2 users are following.

With new onset of nerve pain my dr wanted me to try cymbalta. I was on Lexapro over 10 years for depression and anxiety. Well controlled, so switching to help w nerve pain should have gone well. Pain control was great and still is, now comes itching, severe headache and neck pain. fyi i should have weaned down on lexapro and started maybe 20mg cymbalta instead of 30mg. crazy dreams, itching, headaches and feeling jittery. Spoke w dr twice last week. will call again tomorrow. Hind site20/20 also called pharmacist he agreed

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have just gone the opposite way. On Cymbalta for ten years for depression and bad headaches but last six months or so depression slowly crept back and i was on highest dose 120 mg.

I was so disappointed as had been doing great for years.

Doctor changed me to Lexapro XR, started on low doses and made way up to 225, depression good headaches really bad but he put me up to 300 which i thought would make headaches worse but it did fix them. so very happy now.

sorry thats my story.

I loved Cymbalta for pain and depression and it worked for just on ten years. I think once you get the dose that suits you and give it a few weeks to settle into your body it could help you as well. Hopefully the side effects will go away. Of course if they dont you will have to change.

One of my side effects with Lexapro was headaches but by upping my dose those headaches went.

I hope you have a good journey with Cymbalta like i did. Please try and hang in there.

• Posted

thank you for taking the time to write. medications that affect your brain chemistry is hard to predict. I placed a call again to my dr who is pain management. I was on regular lexapro 10mg then 20mg not SR maybe its too slow release for you. Most of my head pain is across my meck and base of my head. Ill see what he says today. thank you again best wishes

• Posted

Thank you for replying and thanks and you are absolutely right. I hope you had success when you spoke or speak to your Doctor. I wish you the very best of luck. There is nothing worse than suffering pain, whether it be mental or physical type.

• Posted

Im so annoyed i called today twice, no call back. I never call the dr or reach out for help. Maybe i expected more from healthcare provider.

Today my headaches varied worse in the afternoon. Ice and tylenol. Thank you for reaching out. Nice to see ppl do care. Day 8 w cymbalta

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.