Starting cymbalta!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi my anxiety has put me into fear of taking meds! i know crazy huh! I want to know only positive advise on this! Im on day 3 and my anxiety has hightened and im having panic attacks! but i want to give this med a chance! they gave it to me for fibromyalgia, anxiety!!

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey your stronger than me. They want me to switch last year. Still on zoloft I was also reluctant to cymbalta . They increased my zoloft again more side effects . Wonderful time just before the holidays. I wish you all the best and God bless you. I hope it really works out for you.

• Posted

why are you on zoloft? has it worked at all?? how long have you been on it?

• Posted

this time I've been on 20 mg for a year. Last time i increased to 50mg side effect where out of control. So i'm taking it slow this time. I have anxiety and depression yet depression seems to be the worse at this time. My anxiety I guess is in check most days. Really hard time sleeping at night Sundays are my worst.

• Posted

Hi Jesika,

I have been taking Duloxetine for 6 months for GAD problem. I started with 20 mg for 4 weeks, now I am at 90 mg. The med helped me. As other antidepressants, it worked slowly. 90 mg per day is the maximum dose for me, and I have been on that dose for 4 months, I feel 80 % better. I had side effects for the first 2 weeks: very tired, more headaches, depression.

What is your dosage? How do you feel?

• Posted

hi tracy im on 20mg barely on day 4, I Feel super more anxious... but then again not sure if its just me because im scared of taking meds and im just scaring myself more... i do have xanax but im also scared to take it... i missed three days of work due to this... i was already feeling pretty lousy before i started so for sure i dont think ts the duloxetine thats make it worse or i dont know! LIKE all i can think about is going back to work and i get super scared! ive given myself panic attacks!

• Posted

Jesika, why are you afraid to take Xanax? The Xanax help you while waiting for Duloxetine to work. I am taking 0.125 mg or 0.25 mg in day time every day. It stop chest pain completely, make me less tired, no feeling anxious. It does not help headaches much. People said the xanax is addicted. But, my psychiatrist said it is ok to take, he will tell me when I should stop.

20 mg is too low. You might feel better a little bit after 4 weeks. I think, you will have to increase your dose.

• Posted

Im not sure why im afraid! MY anxiety had instilled fear in me! to take anything! but i think im going to have to take it... because im way too anxious and i cant function! the doctor started me at 20mg just to see how i would react! who knows if hell want to up my dosage in 4 weeks! How often do you take the xanax! i too have .25 mg pills! Have you stopped the xanax now?

• Posted

I work full-time, from 8 to 5. Usually, I take 0.125 (break the pill into half) 3 times per day: around 8 am, noon and 4 pm. I am allowed to take a whole pill 3 times per day. When I am home from work, if I am too tired because of having anxiety, I take another 0.125 mg. I have been doing this for 4 months, every day. I am not able to stop, yet. My Psychiatrist said no hurry to stop it, I am doing good.

The first two months, the same as you, I was afraid to take Xanax because people said addiction on the Internet. So, I could not do work when I was at work, entire body was hurt, very depressed. So, I decided to take Xanax.

I know a few people who have anxiety disorders. All of them had taken Xanax or Ativan until antidepressant kicks in. Believe me, you will feel better in 30 mins. after taking Xanax, you will feel calm.

• Posted

wow taking xanax daily for 4 months! that sounds like a long time! right now i just feel lousy! i wake up with pain on my neck amd back! in a bad mood! just feeling out of it! and then anxiety kicks in! i feel spacy, dissy , scared! not wanting to do anything but i habe 3 kids who depend on me! i too have to work full time! but im so scared to go back!

• Posted

Yes, I have taken the Xanax a long time. I still have anxiety 24/7, but less intense. I have severe GAD. I had terrible headaches, like burning charcoals on my head all day. At work, just logged in my computer, I had panic attacks. Basically, I just sit there. Just thinking what I cook for dinner, I had anxiety.

I wish the best to you. When I increased to 30 mg from 20, I did not have any side effects. Just let you know, so you won't be worry if you increase your dose.

• Posted

yes im on day 6 today and i can say im seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

• Posted

That is good. The side effects will be less on the second week. I am on it 7 months, still have side effects: dry mouth.

• Posted

hi today was super rough! my anxiety and panic is through the roof!! and i have lots of dissiness!! not sure if this is just me or the meds? dont know if to stick it out or stop it?

• Posted

It is up and down. You will feel bad one or two days, then feel good, then bad days. You have been taking the med for 2 weeks, no big problems, you should stick with it for awhile if you can. If the dizziness does not go away in 3 days, you should call doctor, maybe side effects.

• Posted

its like as soon as i wake up my body knows and i go into anxiety panic mode and i hate it!

ive had to leave work because i feel so paranoid and anxious and panicky!

today is day 11 on the meds! i was given this for headaches.. anxiety.

has it worked for you at all??

• Posted

Jesika, Duloxetine takes 6 or 8 weeks to feel a little bit better. I have been taking it for 7 months, I still have anxiety, but not intense, but I still hurt, tired and no motivation sometimes. That is why I have to take Xanax. Xanax stops my anxiety completely, helps me able to go to work every day. Xanax works only 4 to 6 hrs.

Just try one day, when you feel your anxiety starts, take Xanax, see if you feel better in 30 mins. Your doctor give you Xanax to help you go through the difficult time.When you feel better, you can tapper Xanax.

For quality of life, I take Xanax until I don't need it anymore.

• Posted

Jesika, I really want to help you. I had a friend, she went through the same problems as me. She had to stay home for one year. She is recovery, now. She helps me a lot to fight with this disease.

• Posted

hi tracy,

ive always had anxiety but out of nowhere i started feeling super panicky! and now everytime i get up im in a high state of panic! i feel so off weird! my vision is off and i feel dissy and if i get up from the couch i get shaky and just have a panic attack! could this just be me or the duloxetine? this is what scares me now everyday why i started feeling like this! the doc told me to stick it out for 4 weeks and if i didnt feel any releif she would take me off it! im so scared of even moving around in my own home now imagine going to work! and i need to go to work!

• Posted

My doctor said that Duloxetine might make you see things blurry, but the side effects will go away. I don't have that side effect.

Duloxetine might make your anxiety worse. It made my depression worse, I cried every day for 2 weeks, but I did not know why I cried. Maybe, I took Xanaz at that time, so my anxiety was calm.

If you can handle it for 4 weeks, then try it. I think, all antidepressants have side effects. And, maybe you stayed home for a while, now thinking about going to work when you are still sick, make you worry. When you worry, anxiety gets worse.

You have Xanax - 0.25 mg, right? Try to take 1 pill of Xanax when you're home and feel anxious, not driving. Don't wait until you have panic attack, it is too late. Believe me, Xanax is a good medication. You take it because you are sick, not because you want it.

I have friends who are a nurse, a pharmacist, and who was cured by Duloxetine and Ativan, they called me many times to encourage me to take Xanax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.