Starting cymbalta!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi my anxiety has put me into fear of taking meds! i know crazy huh! I want to know only positive advise on this! Im on day 3 and my anxiety has hightened and im having panic attacks! but i want to give this med a chance! they gave it to me for fibromyalgia, anxiety!!

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi I've been on Duloxatine for about a year now and at first it made me low and suicidal. But after a month it was fine and is still helping the fibromyalgia and deppresion. Hope this helps. 😉😉

• Posted

how have you been? im on 40mg month two, i feel 60% better but still gets pain and anxiety and dissinesss.....little by little.

• Posted

hi tracy! i know its all anxiety because i took a xanax and the dissiness stopped! today i couldnt take it anymore and i took one! managed to shower! take my kids to the park! got tired of being home dwelling! did it completely go away no! but it helped me! i get up at 7 am everyday to take my kids to school and head to work.. what time should i take it so i can manage to drive to work without panic! i have to beat this!!

• Posted

Jesika, one more thing. Xanax is very soft and easy to break. So, should not put a whole bottle of a whole month supply in your purse. I put enough for 1 week.

• Posted

Hi Jesika,

I am glad that you tried Xanax. 0.25 mg is a low dose, so it might not stop your anxiety completely, but it helps you to be able functioning. It works only in 4 to 6 hours. It helps you until Duloxetine kicks in fully.

Are you ok with taking one pill 0.25 mg? Did it make you sleepy? How many times are you allowed to take Xanax per day?

Assuming you are ok with 0.25 mg and allow to take 3 times per day. Try this: take 1 pill after your breakfast before taking your kids to school (assuming 7:30 - 8:00 am) . At work, around noon, take 1/2 pill. Then, after 4 hours or more, before leaving work, take 1/2 pill. If 1/2 pill does not help your anxiety, then take one pill.

I am trying to take Xanax at least as possible, but still make my life happy.

This is my personal experience, I eat peppermint candies or peppermint gums all the time. This will distract my brain. It help with my anxiety. When I have a meeting, I manage the time, so I can take 1/2 pill before the meeting. I do the same, if I plan to go out of my house: grocery shopping, hair cut,..

• Posted

tracy thank you so much! youve been so helpful! where do you live? im in los angeles california!

• Posted

I live in Florida, near the place they launch rockets. I have one 17-year-old daughter and a husband. I had too much pains, sad, does not want to live because of anxiety and depression. I don't want anyone hurt because of this. Let me lnow how you feel tomorrow.

• Posted

hi tracy: how to know all im feeling is just pure anxiety? I have this feeling of fear over me constantly! as soon as i wake up till i go to sleep! like im just in sheer terror! i go to the bathroom and i start shaking and my legs go weak and i get more dissy and just run back to the couch! I just keep thinking how am i going to be like this at work for 8 hrs!

My head also feels weird and i get super tense and end up with a headache! obviously they gave me this med for major neck and head pain... im also feeling very tired and sleepy and spacy... could this be the med?

• Posted

Tired and sleepy could be the Duloxetine. Something else could be anxiety. How much Xanax are you allowed to take a day? Is it enough for you to take one pill before going to bed?

• Edited

hi tracy,

i did not go to work! their allowing me to work from home but i will be going tomorrow and just the thought gives me anxiety! but i know i can do it!miraculously ive been feeling better little by little! so im crossing my fingers!

• Posted

That is good for you work from home and feeling better. Do you still take Xanax every day?

Remember that Duloxetine works very slowly. I have been taking it at 90 mg for almost 5 months, and still not recovery. And, you will up and down.

• Posted

hi tracy how are you! i made it through the week! im up and going to work! one thing im still scared to do is drive! i havent really taken the xanax.. i tather suck it up! i take magnesium which i feel calms me too! have you tried that??

im feeling better each day! not a lot but i can feel it!

• Posted

Hi Jesika, I am still taking Xanax every day. I have not taken magnesium.

I have been taking Duloxetine for 6 months. The last 2 months, I don't feel any improvement. Yesterday, I went to grocery shopping, then went to the mall for an hour. I was very tired and went to bed at 7:30 pm.

I am going to see doctor in 2 weeks. I am tired of being tired, not able to do anything besides work and cook.

• Posted

BETTER how do you want to feel? what happens if you dont take the xanax? you know most times the pill is not a miracle worker we have to put forth effort too!

I DONT want to go higher dose just for it not to work and then have to go through withdrawl!

We have to be positive and push ourselves beyond this fear!

• Posted

It has been 6 months since I started Duloxetine at 20 mg. I have been taking at 90 mg for almost 5 months. In the last 2 months, I have no improvement at all. I feel better 80%, but still very tired, anxiety 24/7: terrible headaches, chest pain, cannot breath, body hurt,... I cannot live like this forever.

If I don't take Xanax, I will be in bed all day, every day, not able to do anything. Xanax helps anxiety, it stopped chest pain, but not other symptoms.

I started with very severe anxiety disorders, better 80% for me, but it might be severe for someone.

I have no life for a year. I really want my life back.

• Posted

how do you feel 80% better but say that if you dont take xanax you cant function so then cymbalta isnt working! i wont take xanax daily! i rather suffer all my physical symptoms but the more you embrace them the more they go away!

i push myself to get up even if im scared to death! i felt such agoraphobia 2 weeks ago! now im back at work! i do go out but im still scared to drive! what bothers me the most is the neck pain and headaches i have daily!

• Posted

Cymbalta helped headaches and energy. If I don't have Xanax, when I have anxiety, I will have headaches, chest pain, hard to breath. I cannot do anything when I have all symptoms at once.

Cymbalta helped to make anxiety less frequently, but not to make anxiety go way completely, yet. One time, I had anxiety attack while talking to my doctor, so he believes me my anxiety from nothing, out of blue.

Last time (3 months ago), he told me there is a medication stronger than Duloxetine, but he does not want me to take many medications, wait for another 3 more months.

• Posted

Hi Jesika, do your headaches hurt a lot and frequently? If rate from 1 (least) to 10 (most), what is your headache rate?

Are you tired most of the day? I don't why I am tired and want to sleep all day.

• Posted

hi tracy how are you! TODA was a hard day for me! I keep getting thoughts of that now i might have ms! I hate this! Today is week 3 on 20mg! Not sure if i should up my dose maybe its not enough to work! I suffer from anxiety and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia! I get lots of neck and head pain and at times feel like the back of my head is vibrating and i go into panic! I start feeling all shaky! and like im about to loose control of my body and head! Is this all anxiety? I also feel like im in a fog dreamlike!MY vision is weird! Im always in a high state of anxiety since i get up! Do you feel this too??

• Posted

Hi Jesika, I think 20 mg is too low. Do you feel better now than before taking Cymbalta?

You might need to up your dose to 30 mg. When I was on 30 mg, I felt a lot different (better) than 20 mg.

Your head symptoms might be anxiety. I have my head pain since I wake up, it like needles hit me on the back of the head and forehead. The more I active, my head hurt more and then chest pain.

It has been 9 months since I started Cymbalta. 5 months since I started 90 mg. I still have anxiety. I am frustrated, don't know if Cymbalta is going to get me back to normal. I am going to see my doctor next week.

• Posted

hi no i dont feel any better! i dont see my doctor till dec 9 im wondering if i should wait to see her to up my dose or if i should just up it myself?

i always have headache unless i take a xanax i feel good! bodache too! anxiety too!

i keep reading that cymbalta at 60 mg works for anxiety and pain!

my friend is on 90mg and shes finally pain free!

• Posted

How can you up to 30 mg? You have to up to 40 mg. 20 mg to 40 mg is a big jump, you might have side effects. Can you call in to see her earlier?

When I was at 20 mg for 3 weeks, I felt a little calm, but the physical problems were not better.

My doctor said that, too. 60 mg is a normal dose. I was up to 50 mg from 30 mg without telling him because I know he will up 60 mg anyway (I did not tell him that)

How long did your friend take 90 mg to feel pain free? My friend took 30 mg, took her 8 months to have anxiety and pain free. But, she did not work at that time. We are different, we have to work, have kids to take care.

I don't shaking or scare of anything. The anxiety just suddenly come.

• Posted

hi how you doing?

FRIDAY will be 4 weeks on 20mg! i see my doc on monday! ive been having in amd off days with lots of neck and head pain mostly on my left side of head! freaks me out! everytime i turn my head my ne k cracks . still have dissiness and vision off and anxiety! still not driving! panic has subsided!

• Posted

Hi, I am not feeling better, not feeling worse. I am going to see my doctor on this Friday, Dec 6. I hope he has something to make back to the old me. It is very frustrated.

Although, I take Xanax every day, I still have head pains all day.

Do you feel tired? Do you sleep well?

Your doctor might increase your dose. Maybe, position sleep or looking at computer too long made your neck has cracked sound.

• Posted

Hi Jesika,

I saw my doctor today. Cymbalta increases to 120 mg per day. Also, he gave me Latuda 20 mg to try. Come back to see him in 2 months. If I don't feel better than now, I have to switch medication. I hope I don't have to do that.

• Posted

hi tracy! wow 120 mg? thats a lot!

i spoke with my doc and he upped me to 40mg! im feeling a little better each day! taking it slowly and being gentle with myself! everyday is different! i pray this works for you! also dont think about it too much! just pray and have faith it will work and let the medicine do its job!

• Posted

Hi Jesika, it has been almost a week. How are you feeling? Any better?

Since I took Duloxetine 120 mg and Latuda 20 mg, I feel much better. I think, the Latuda erases my anxiety and gives me energy. I don't need to take Xanax 3 times per day anymore, just one time.

• Posted

hi tracy how are you??? Im on day 5 of 40mg and i feel much better more awake and less anxiety! I Started driving yesterday...Dont get me wrong i get my little moments of anxiety but its more manageable!!! I hope it keeps working .... My fibro pain has subsided as well.... i can say i feel like the fog has been lifted... im still trying to work through it!! what scares me the most is the dissiness.. Keep me posted!!!

• Posted

Hi Jesika, I am glad that you felt better and able to drive. I had improments every day. I am trying to cut down Xanax and sleeping pill Ambien. I don't feel tired anymore, sometimes have headaches and chest pains, but not intense. I ate out yesterday, that is the first time in a year.

• Posted

hi tracy yeah im ok to go out amd do things but i still get nervous and achy and weird feelings but i have to power through them!

i still get aches and pains too butnot as bad that i feel bed riden! im more in better mood! so im praying it keeps getting better and better! i see my doctor in 3 months!

• Posted

Hi Jesika, any good news? Do you feel better everyday?

I am feeling almost normal. I taper off Xanax 1 pill per day, and 1/2 pill of Ambien. Latuda helped me alot, but this is a brand name, my insurance does not pay for it. I must try another similar medication, but not until Feb because my doctor gave me samples enough until Jan 31.

• Posted

hi well i want to say i feel 60% better but lately i still get anxious episodes but im not constantly anxious! like i do feel calmer but my neck pain is still there and that is what causes me anxiety! i take generic duloxetine but my insurance changed so i have to pay almost $100 for 30 day supply! I must say my panic attacks stopped and my anxiety diminished by a lot! and when i do feel it , i feel it at a distance! i dont take anything else at all! i wont see my doctor until march so ill see if i should stay at 40 or go up to 60!

• Posted

You pay almost $100 for Duloxetine is a lot. You might find factory coupon to help you with co-payment.

Do you feel up and down. One day I felt good, no need to take Xanax. Then the next day, I felt crappy, not too bad, but I take Xanax anyway.

• Posted

hi tracy,

How are you how have you been????

i can say im still there....not 100% but getting better, starting month 2 on 40mg. Most of the time i feel good, but i still get my little blips of dissiness and anxiety but not as bad as i was. I dont take anything else just this med. How have you been doing???

• Posted

Hi Jesika, I am glad you have some improvement. I might have more severe anxiety than you. Most of the time, I feel almost normal. My headache and hard to breath are still bother me a bit. I still take Xanax, but reduce to 2 pills per day. The good news is I don't need to take sleeping pill Ambien every day anymore.

I am going to see my doctor in 2 weeks. I think if I raise Latuda dosage, I will be better.

• Posted

Hi Jesika, how are you doing? Did your life get back to normal.

I replace Latuda with Abilify 2mg because my insurance does not pay for Latuda. I feel more energy and want to do things. My doctor said probably my menopause messed up my life. Only 5% people have this problem. I am a "lucky" one.

• Posted

hi tracy,

So my life is back to 89% better. Thank God!!!!

Not to lie but i still have my days of pain and i can feel anxiety in the background which still gives me the hibbie jibbies!! (lol) Once you get used to not feeling anxiety, its scary to have these feelings creep up.... I dont see my doctor till march 6th, but i know she will ask me how i feel and will determine from that whether to up my dose or not. Im at 40mg on duloxetine.

What is abilify? How is your anxiety? I dont take anything else but duloxetine.

My main problem is neck pain, when that gets bad my anxiety acts up, its weird. but atleast now i drive , im at work, and i have the energy to go out and live life and not be in fear! So i must say this med has worked for me!

• Posted

Abilify is to help depression. I felt sad, so my doctor added Abilify. It helped me the next day.

Did the Duloxetine make you gain weight? I gained alot of weight.

I felt 90% normal. I still take Xanax. Maybe I am just afraid to stop the Xanax.

• Posted

so what are you taking now in meds?? i havent gained weight!

how much xanax do you still take?

• Posted

I take 120 mg Duloxetine, 2 mg Abilify, Xanax and Ambien (Ambien is for sleep).

• Edited

hi tracy how are you? im pretty much good! lately ive been getting a lot of neck pain causing my anxiety to heighten. i am gaining my weight back! but i dont take anything else but 40mg of the duloxetine. i go see my doctor on the 20th! lets see what she says!

• Posted

Hi Jessika, I feel a lot better than before taking Duloxetine. I still have 5% not good. I feel more tired than I was normal. My head still hurt, still have anxiety, just a little bit. I can do things as I nomally do, but without interest in it. One day at work seems a decade to me. I cannot concentrate at work. My job requires me concentrate alot.

Let me know what your doctor said. I will see my doctor on April 17. Last time he said there are 35 medications for me to try. I don't know if he will change the Duloxetine to something else.

• Posted

Did you find it affected your sleep? Wasn't sleeping too bad before been on 30mg for 3 nights taken 60mg today and sleep is awful. Can't cope with no sleep on top of everything else.

• Posted

My GAD caused me had no sleep at all. So, I was described Ambien at the same time with Duloxetine. So, I don't know.

When you feel better, you will have your sleep back. I stopped Ambien after 6 months.

• Posted

I think going to have stop these only been on them 4 days but no sleep, feel spaced out and dizzy, awful nausea all the time, making my vision blurry can't take the side effects making me feel ghastly.

• Posted

If you taking at night, try to take it in the morning to see if you can sleep.

Take the meds with food to see if the nausea better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.