Changing anti-depressant from Duloxetine.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi folks,

I am currently accessing Duloxetine 90mg for depression and anxiety. I've been on the medication for 6 and a half weeks. Prior to this I was accessing Sertraline 150mg for ... 23 years! It stopped working and I was changed to Duloxetine over a taper period of 3 weeks. The withdrawal symptoms have been hellish. Unfortunately, I am seeing no affects from the Duloxetine, indeed I am getting worse. My psych is considering me going onto Citalopram. I pleased about this as it's an SSRI. Prior to going on Sertraline, I was on a SNRI, Venaflaxine, that left me feeling as I do now - completely flat and hopeless. My only concern is whether the effects of Citalopram will be dilluted by the fact I was on Sertraline, an SSRI, for so long and have only been off it for 6 weeks. My psych says no but I am not sure. Has anyone got any thoughts on this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.