Duloxetine for GAD?

Posted , 3 users are following.

im sad in even posting in here again. but here i go. i had a massive spiral of anxiety and crying in 2016, was put in sertraline and eventually buspar as well and titrated up to 150mg, 200mg at times as well. i eventually felt GREAT. no anxiety and i graduated college, moved out etc.

around the stress of graduating, a lot of changes and being stupid drinking on the meds, my anxiety came back full force. we tried going up on sertraline & it gave me bad diahrea so my doctor said im getting too much serotonin we need to switch to an SNRI. doctor said to stop buspar completely, wean down to 75mg sertraline and start 30mg cymbalta at night. after a week i started feeling more stable moments and decided to start work. then i got an infection and had to take azythromycin, that messed my stomach up and now my anxiety and crying is back full force. work is so hard to get through, my appetite is s**t.

i started feeling better at first and now i feel bad again. i just need some hope. im also getting a new psych cause mine is s**t doesnt answer calls and wont even give me benzos for help.

any advice about cymbalta ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I am taking Duloxetine 120 mg, Latuda 20 mg and Xanax. I have been on Duloxetine for 8 months. My anxiety is better, but has not gone. I don't know what to tell you about Duloxetine, I think we just take it. If it doesn't work, try another med.

• Posted

Add buspar to your cymbalta combo for anxiety help

or short term clonazepam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.