Duloxotine 30mg withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, its my first time on a forum type thing. Ive been on this drug for around 5 years, for depression. Started on 60mg for 2 years, then 30mg. Today is my first trial day of not taking it, with the intent to take one tomorrow, and not the next.... a slow wean. I started off at work ok today but ive deteriorated fast throughout the evening. My whole body hurts. Just writing this out hurts. I cant get my words out properly. Feel totally spaced and weird! Does it get easier? Im so scared of coming off it now. After reading a lot about how doctors dont know fully how to get off it etc?! Advice will be greatly recieved.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy, I'm so sorry to hear of your problems whilst trying to come off Duloxetine. I can't give you any advice but I can just tell you my short history with this medication. I was under the pain clinic and was prescribed Duloxetine, mainly for the pain I had with spinal stenosis. I didn't realise it was for depression as well. When I saw my doctor and asked about it he said it was partly for depression and a painkiller too. I'd only ever had depression once and that was when I underwent radio therapy after having breast cancer in 2006. But the doctor said I should take it so I thought that the doctor knows what he's doing. This has all been in the last 2 years. I read somewhere that Duloxetine can put weight on you so I stopped taking it. During that time I kept crying and put it down to seeing Capt. Tom doing his walking for the NHS. I couldn't even look at the front liners, the doctors, nurses or anyone who was volunteering or working to help with the Covid-19 I would just keep crying. Also I was getting very argumentative and having rows and arguments with my partner. I didn't realise it was a withdrawal from the tablets but when I did I went back on them and no more crying or arguing now. I don't know what to suggest other than to see your doctor when you can but if it made you feel so ill I would go back on them until you have medical help.

With best wishes, Pam

• Posted

Thank you so much pam for taking the time to reply to this. Sounds like you've had quite a journey yourself. I wish you well. I am a theatre nurse and am working on the front line actually. It probably isnt the right time so ive carried on taking them with the attitude of trying when this all calms down properly. I expect I will trial it when ive got a couple of weeks annual leave from work, so that I can withdraw in the safety of my own home, and rest when I need to.

Thanks again.

Amy x

• Posted

Hi Amy, you're right. It certainly was the wrong time to come off the Duloxetine as you are one of those wonderful workers in the NHS. I don't suppose you knew for a minute the side effects it would give you and that must have been really bad whilst you were working in the theatre. I hope you are feeling well again now and as you say, to withdraw from them when you have leave. Good luck and Godbless you for the work you are doing. Pam x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.