12 months post VR and experiencing AF

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a Aortic Valve Replacement 12 months ago, after 10 weeks PO I was diagnosed with an episode of AF, but was told by A&E that it was usual for my heart to experience AF due to the trauma it had been put through, and not to worry as I was already taking asprin, they also told me it was anxiety and to stop looking on the internet!

I am still experiencing symptoms but each time I have it checked out by my GP or at my appointments with the Cardiologist there is no sign. I am off all medication apart from daily 75mg asprin but at times I feel so unwell, some of the symptoms are difficult to articulate and I wondered if other sufferers of AF could list their personal symptoms.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi maisejane started last year with af since october had a few episodes but today bam the worst episode ive had since last year, my symptoms tired fatique racing heart beat light headed also sweat attacks when they come on and generally feeling drained and crap
    • Posted

Hi Popeye,

Thanks for your reply.

How long do yours last? TBH am fed up with feeling "crap" as stated earlier I am going to request a 7 day monitor, I need to establish if I am experiencing AF and request appropriate treatment. hope you feel better soon neutral

• Posted

Hi maislejane started on sunday about five lasted till alf six ish felt drained got up this morning even now chest tight breathing poor feel knackered
    • Posted

Thankyou for them words maisiejane, i wish i could make everybody on this forum feel better but alas im good but not that good you stay well speak soon, ps im booked in at my doctors friday last time they sais i may have to have some sort of monitor under my skin for a month to monitor my swinging brick to see what triggers it, may save the surgeon time its stress of work and trying to earn a living with this bloody horrible af a o keep smiling thats my byeword

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.