12 months with limited or no symptoms - disseminated GA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have now been 12 months on Acitretin and my skin is clear. In fact I am now on 25 mg every other day and I have not had a flare up for 1 month.

The side effects of this treatment are not pleasant but it beats Prednisone (off and on for 3.5 years). I really tried everything and this was the only treatment that worked.

I am actually hoping this awful disease has gone away.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That's really great to hear! Congrats! What are the side effects? My doctor has never prescribed anything for me other than a mild steroid cream.

• Posted

Hi

I too would like to know what the side effects are as I have a meeting with the consultant next week and would like to discuss this. Many thanks for sharing!

• Posted

The side effects are not serious although annoying. Dry everything: hair, lips, skin. My hair, eye brows and eye lashes thinned. I felt more tired. But it was worth not having a rash all over my body. I was able to cut the meds down to every other day and that helped with the side effects. But remember, no rash, and mine was over 90% of my body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.