12 weeks for cit to settle,why so long?

Posted , 4 users are following.

why does it take 12 weeks plus for cit to settle and why do i feel worse every day, i am on week 10,help please

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi geoff, it's not that the Citalopram has to settle, it's your own brain and system that has to settle. The Citalopram is making big changes to your whole brain and body, by altering chemicals and all sorts of things that are not even understood That process takes a very long time,and as you know is not easy while it is occurring. Around 12 weeks is a common timeframe for anxiety sufferers to see things start to settle significantly and find benefits,but it doesn't always end there and setbacks are also common for quite a while. Everyone is different as well,the same as drinking alcohol where someone can get drunk on very little, while another would have to drink much more. We are all unique and can have different experiences on medication. The process is a rollercoaster, and I've personally found things to worsen around the 8-11 week mark before having improvement after 11 weeks. Just get your head down and keep going.

• Edited

many thanks ian ,my problem is that is making my PND tingeling worse,but, as you say,head down and keep going,once again,many thanks for your input, ps, i have read some of your posts to different people,which i am sure has helped them as well Geoff

• Posted

many thanks Ian,it is appreciated, i have read some of your posts to other people who i am sure you have helped, as you have me

• Posted

hi geoff10798

I'm on week 4 of 20mg and I'm still feeling very dizzy taking these, i was on 10 mg for about 10 weeks and upped the dose to 20mg I'm feeling better from when i 1st started but the blips feel like they're getting worse and the dizziness is unreal but I'm willing to stick with it and see how it goes

• Edited

Hi Wayne, that seems to be the message from people who know, ie,stick with it, no pain no gain regards....Geoff

• Posted

hiya, im currently on week 5 of 10mg and having the same thoughts! even tho i have slightly improved mood and anxiety wise. its given different things to worry about, because of the vast side effects! my digestion is completely upside down. still struggling to get my apatite back. do you feel worse mood wise or from side effects if you dont mind me asking.

• Posted

Hi Ashlei,i think side effects are affecting my mood, i expected to feel better as i made my way to 12 weeks but i feel worse so i feel disapointment and low mood, i have 2 more weeks to go to the 12 week mark,they are going to be tough i think, digestion wise it has been bad but is easing slowly,appetite slowly improving, eating certain things, other things don,t taste too good but getting better,hope this helps........Geoff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.