12 weeks off mirt

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello. I am 12 weeks off mirt (15mg/4months). I tapered and skipped doses over 2.5 weeks. I have...by the Grace of God...experienced some better days this past week. The dark depression is begining to lift a bit. The death grip anxiety is loosening its hold. I have gone to 2 social outtings in 2 days without any problems. My sleep is still pretty sporadic. That restlessness is still there. I am aware that mirt recovery is not a linear progression, as to not get my panties in a bunch if I have a bad day. Most importantly, I feel like trying. Happy New Year to all. 2018 has got to and will be better than this. XO

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

• Posted

Happy for you ?? I'm 12 weeks off tomorrow and this week has been the worst so far 😩

• Posted

May I ask, was it worth taking in the beginning and would you have taken this type of medication if you would have known its outcome? 

Me? probably not 

take care x

• Posted

No Wendy, I would not, if I was given proper informed consent.
    • Posted

Hi Wendy, I've come off it 3 times now, the first 2 were a piece of cake, back then they helped with depression which I now no longer have (except withdrawals) the 3rd time I was put on it for steriod induced pyschosis which I shouldn't of been the reacted wrong, so to answer your question no I definitely wouldn't take them again In fact I want off all meds now! Never had anxiety until this withdrawal x

• Posted

Very pleased to hear that news gretel.wishing you and all of us going through this a much better and healthier 2018.
  • Posted

Happy new year Gretel

im glad your seeing better days now.

last night and today I don't feel great but guess you just have to take bad with the good...

im coming to 13weeks free of thar crap mirt so hopefully the worse is behind me

kaz x

• Posted

Kaz,happy,but hopefully healthier new year to you.sorry you don't feel so good,let's hope the worst must be behind you now,and your good days will far outweigh the bad really soon (I know it doesn't feel like that when your having the bad ones though) you are doing so well.

• Posted

Thank you Chrisy 

happy new year to you also

im not feeling too bad it's just the sickness that comes in waves , I definitely feel really better now that what I've been feeling but I think it just takes time to get back to normal after coming of that crap mirt...

never have I felt so ill in my life while taking mirtazapine and then coming of it..

But a new year now so upwards and onwards I hope...

hope your feeling better

kaz x

• Posted

I have only had sweats since last reduction,which I'll take any day,but for.me it's been around day 8,to up to three to four weeks when the withdrawels kick in,and they are not always constant,although I'm really not going to tempt fate,as this drug has a mind of its own that's for sure lol.

• Posted

Did you get off mirtazapine? I'm really struggling after 12 cold turkey x

• Posted

12 weeks that was supposed to say 😩

• Posted

Toira

please pm me and I will send you a reply as to my story,as can't seem to start a pm my end

• Posted

Hi kaz

dont know why my reply being moderated,can you please pm me then I can reply to you.cant see a way of starting a pm to you,and unfortunatley I've managed to delete al my PM by mistake! What am I like! Blame it on mirtazapine! Lol,at least we still have our sense of humours intact,and that's a really good sign

• Posted

Hi chrisy

ive sent to a mail 

kaz 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.