12 weeks on.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello all, well been 12 weeks since my LTHR was doing so well up until week 9. My mum was taken into hospital and it took them 10 days to find she had 2 fractures in her hip bone at the back.  Unfortunately she was taken to a London hospital so i have been driving half way then catching train and bus rest of journey, as driving in London is all clutch work, stop starting all the time. I now feel my recovery has come to a stop, even though i'm getting plenty of exercise walking up and down stairs to different platforms and the long corridors of the hospital 😂. After i have sat down in the evening i go to get up and i am soooo stiff, have to stand for a minute before i can get moving again. Have given up with the christmas presant buying and done most on line as i'm trying to do mums for her aswell. Roll on the New Year and perhaps things will slow down a bit.

3 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So sorry for you and your mum. Visiting every other day is a really good idea, you have to think of your own recovery too. Wishing you all the best. Take care not to overdo it.
  • Posted

Rest is your friend. You have done more of everything except rest.....
  • Posted

Oh Christine you poor soul ..as if you've not had enough with your own THR ..I agree with the rest ,you need your time to heal ..Can you share some of the responsibility with another family member ..keeping you in my thoughts gx 

• Posted

how awful, sorry your mum was put through so much.

all you are doing counts as exercise..the stiffness is because of all of the exercise and activity you are getting..each step counts...yes, I hope things slow down for you...hugs

• Posted

hi christine, 

checking in with you this morning ...

I am joining the choir here - take care of Christine first okay?

Try not to rush around and take your time ... you get there when you get there ..

you are still in early healing stages and your body is doing her best to keep up with you and lets you know when you are doing things too fast ... 

so rest ... your  mum is in good hands -

come here anytime you need to -- sharing is very therapeutic and clears our worried minds sometimes ...

big hug for both of you

renee

• Posted

I am sorry to hear your mom has fallen and to make matters so much more stressful for you.

when it rains it pours. And you have had your share of way to much to cope with during THR recovery.

i hope and pray the you will b given all that you Ned to sustain yourself thru this journey to both you and your mom.

many heeling blessings sent ur way.

(( hugs))

Hope

• Posted

here's not really any good advice left to give, so just sending best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Christine

It is still early doors for you at 12 weeks.  You appear to be doing well with all that walking up and down stairs and long corridors.  I am now 10 months post op and still feel the same as you at night time.  Even during the day when I'm shopping I have to keep sitting.

Sorry to hear about your mum, I hope both of you recover for Christmas.  Keep up the good work and all the best for a speedy recovery.

Brenda C

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.