12 weeks on Citalopram..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on citalopram for nearly 12 weeks, I have a good week then a bad week, or a good few days and then a bad day...doctor has suggested the meds should have reached maximum effects by now. Thought I was stabilising last week but then Last couple of days have been wretched. I'm booked into see a psychiatrist as I know they have more of an awareness of different meds. Any one have similar experience..? Hoping the psychiatrist will have better idea of which anti depressants or additional meds I could use. I'm using propranolol slow release for anxiety but not sure it's having any impact.. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I've just been put on propanolol and i don't think it's having an effect either. Only on day 2 though so hopefully see some benefits soon

• Posted

Tim. You might have experienced what they call a "blip". Thats when you feel good and then you feel crappy for a day or three. But then you feel good again. People in here with more experience on these meds know more about them so keep an eye out for more posts. But stick with youre plan. You will feel better eventually. It just takes time.

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback, my understanding is that by now i should have stabilised so I do have the concern that the meds aren't working for me.. just wondered if anyone had experienced the same as most comments or discussions seem to be more around the blips taking place within first 8 weeks..

• Posted

You have been given an additional medication, Propranodol give that time to work with the Citalopram. If you are seening your Trick Cyclist he may have ideas that may help

Merry Christmas

BOB

• Posted

Tim

I was on 20mg for about 12 weeks , after the first month of terrible side effects things settled but then went bad again , I was yo yoing every other day , eventually I couldn't take it anymore & after discussing with my doctor I started reducing my dose , I improved instantly & have been feeling great ever since so although I never felt great on the meds they still fixed me all the same .

Good luck with your meds in the new year but don't give up I bet you'll be feeling great sooner than you think.

Regards

Tom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.