12 weeks post op TKR with hot knee!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,  Just a a quick question for all you post op TKR's.  I am 14 weeks into this marathon of TKR recovery. Things are getting better..stairs are still a problem but than again the quads. are still not at 100%. Seems that in the late afternoon or whenever I have been really active all day, my TKR knee gets really warm to the touch.  Swollen yes, red no, painful to the touch, no....almost like a gear that has been overworked.  Any thoughts?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan I was really worried about the swollen Ankles very painfully to touch but they said it could take a year to go down ! I did not think it would be so painfully afterwards but its a different pain before the operation better days ahead, going up and down the stairs is fine its in bed at night trying to get a comfy position. When I wake up in the morning I cant move my knee its very stiff, any way keep going and we will get there together and laugh about it years to come xx :0)
  • Posted

In my opinion you are still healing, I am almost 5 months post TKR still using hot baths and icing when I can. Although the knee recovers over night do get heat in the knee and some swelling as I am on my feet all day.

Good healing

• Posted

Hi Susan

Im at 13 weeks post op and in the same boat stairs are not to bad but when i am out most of the day it gets sore im exersising every morning and night except when i have walked a lot i miss the exercise a good rest at night usually helps when im in bed i always wear a tuba grip bandage it helps me when turning its a long process so stay strong and good luck.

• Posted

mine is still quite warm to the touch,i also find the more i do,and that isnt a great deal,seems to aggrevate it.keep plodding on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.