12 Weeks since THR

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

It’s now 12weeks since my posterior left hip replacement and I have been sleeping on my right side with a cushion between my knees since week 6-

My Surgeon advised to use the precautions until the 3 month stage so I just wanted to check with others is it totally safe to stop using the cushion between my knees

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Dear Clive

I think stopped at four weeks or so. I'm now at four months and dong well but some strange issues in the last few days for no reason I'm aware of!

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi Clive

I am at week 8 and don't use pillow now as it was disappearing through the night anyway. I do get a better nights sleep. I actually turn right over so I'm almost on my stomach and ensure knee of operated leg is pointing outwards as it lays on the mattress. This tends to keep me steady in same position.

If you feel confident enough I can't see any harm in it especially as you're at the point they advised anyway.

Sandra

• Posted

Good Friday morning Clive33739!  Im a year and one month out and still use my pillow!!   I was using a pillow before surgery so I'm used to it.  I was very fortunate and my hubby bought a special pillow for me that's the length of my length and I personally can't be with out it!  Wishing you all the best and God's blessings to you for a speedy recovery and healing.  Hugs 🤗 Linda 

• Posted

Linda, do you have trouble turning over when you use the body pillow?  I just use a regular pillow and it makes it very difficult to change sleeping positions.
    • Posted

I have trouble rolling over to the operated side still.  This leg pillow my husband got me rolls with me I really don't have an issue it.   It's a firm foam pillow that also has a strap across it so you can put your leg through it and it doesn't get away from you.  Although I don't use it.   But I love this pillow.   Hugs 🤗 Linda

• Posted

Hi,all my precautions were dropped at six weeks (posterior op) and have been sleeping on any side i want to since,you may feel a bit strange at first but you will soon get back into it .
  • Posted

Clive

I've been sleeping on my side for a while now without pillows between legs and I'm 9 weeks post op.

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.