12 weeks TKR

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

So I am 12 weeks post op things are going well , the other day I started to walk a little normal without the limp but since then the back of my knee and leg are killing me.

Just wondering if it’s all the muscles waking up any thoughts I Know it’s still early.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Slow down....stride properly, heel, ball of foot, bend leg fully as best you can. Do this with both legs.....nice and slow. You aren't going to get any style points for this but you will find yourself standing straighter, walking better and eventually w/less pain. By hurrying, you start leaning forward, bending over at the waist, creating back and hip pain.

• Posted

It’s soooo important to do your exercise and keep on with them the muscles need to strengthen and stretch in order to support the new joint properly I’m 9 months out had an excellent recovery in fact probably too good and I got a bit slack with the exercise routine am now having massage to stretch those muscles that I really should have done myself 
  • Posted

I am 6 weeks and same thing happening to me even on my crutches.My calf and tendon in my heel really sore.No idea why.
  • Posted

All hood replies, not much to add but don't worry...that pain at back is horrid but keep up stretches and exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.