12 year old with costocondritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

My 12 year old daughter has costocondritis for a week now following a cold. Pain meds barely work and steroids haven't helped. She has missed a week of school and is still in constant pain and literally cries/whines all day. Looking for answers. Will this ever get better? 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Has anyone had any luck with a certain diet? Do certain foods cause inflammation, I wonder.
    • Posted

Inflammation is exasperated by all bad rich foods basically. Question is which anti inflammatory foods provides the best nutrition for the body . I hear tumeric is awesome

And ginger . Maybe curry of course garlic and anything green .

• Posted

She needs tramadol or antiflamitory medication. Buy a plug in heating pad. Tell her to put it directly on her stomach and lay on the floor.
  • Posted

check the bulletproof diet - pure food and good fats make mine now almost painless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.