Skip to content

Costochondritis and Tietze's Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• deb81035 1

connective tissue weakness

I was diagnosed with MS 10 yrs ago.  I am now 54 yo.  My tendons or something about me seems to get injured very easily. I also had a fall with an injury that has been very painful and strange.  I had chest pain-right side.  I've had all sorts of tests done and they can find nothing.  It's not my heart...

0 replies 0 votes Reply to deb81035

All discussions in this group

Next
  • nancy36508 2

Pain Management?

I have had costochondritis for at least four years, possibly longer because I'm not sure when it started. I used to have it mostly on my left side, which caused several trips to the ER thinking it was my heart. For a while I thought it was gone, however the past few months I have had it on my right...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Runmore11 2

Questions!?

So I have posted here before. Heat pain going on a year and a half (really started after being t boned). I have been told what it isnt (heart). I feel it on the left side of my sternum, it is not deep, I feel it in my bones. Shoulder, back , and neck also get tight. My question is does this sound like...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tambolina27 2

Costochondritis

I was diagnosed with Costochondritis yesterday! I thought I was having major heart problem and or possible stroke issues. Having an ekg, blood work, & X-rays done on Monday with great results I was released from ER with a stress test scheduled. The next day, (Tuesday) around 1pm my pain was till there,...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rosemarie35417 1

Hot weather and costo

Can anyone tell me if costo symptoms are exaserbated during very hot weather ? I find I suffer really painful upper body and left arm pain when temperatures are high!

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • deb81035 1

connective tissue weakness

I was diagnosed with MS 10 yrs ago.  I am now 54 yo.  My tendons or something about me seems to get injured very easily. I also had a fall with an injury that has been very painful and strange.  I had chest pain-right side.  I've had all sorts of tests done and they can find nothing.  It's not my heart...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sinead 34836 2

Costochondritis pain and discomfort

I am a 39 yr old mother of a 5yr old daughter. I live in Newry, northern Ireland. I was diagnosed with costochondritis 2 years ago this month. Like everyone elses case I have read on here I was totally convinced there was something more serious wrong with me and argued with my Doctor for a long time...

539 replies 9 votes Last reply
  • Ipsydaisy 2

Shortness of breath with Costochondritis?

I was diagnosed with Costochondritis and I have been noticing shortness of breath along with pain. I have had EKG's and chest xrays as well as blood tests. My doctor firmly believes this is not a heart issue. Has anyone else noticed shortness of breath with this? My pain is mainly in my sternum but radiates...

• kelly1981 2

Healing Costochondritis and Anxiety

Hi All, I have been dealing with Costochondritis for nearly 5 months and like all of you, am at my wits end! It came about after I had experienced a very intense 3 month period of extreme anxiety due to lots of little and big stress factors in my life. I had a lot of physical symptoms accompany my anxiety...

178 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Has anyone experienced these symptoms with tietze syndrome?

I have experienced symptoms of this syndrome for sometime, but have only recently received a diagnosis. As well as symptoms of pain in the chest, neck and arms I have also been experiencing an irregular heartbeat and abdominal discomfort. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

64 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • shelle7belle 2

Costochondritis pain and discomfort

Im 31 and was diagnosed with costochondritis about a year ago. Its kinda lasted the whole year, but recently, over the past few months its been really bad....went back to my gp twice in the last 2 weeks because was convinced it was something more serious. The main tenderness has been on my left lower...

342 replies 18 votes Last reply
  • janey 89760 2

Pain go away chronic costochondrtitis

Cant sleep. Medications don't work. Can't put socks and shoe's without excruciating pain. Left hand side of my ribs, breast and sternum. Totally in agony. Need to sleep. Cant take time off work. Headaches hot and cold sweats. Dry mouth runny nose all because of this crap. And I am frigging healthy...

• jade18705 2

Costochondritis for years?

For years I've dealt with on and off left breast pain (or so I thought) but it's never bothered me enough to be worried, recently it's got bad enough where my anxiety levels were through the roof and I convinced myself I had a serious condition. I began frantic obsessive googling which I do not reccomend...

• EALyons 2

Costo or Not? Secondary Pain Lower Left Rib.

Hello all, About 6-8 months into having Costochondritis I developed a seperate pain in the lower left rib. At first, the pain in my chest was so bad, and I was so concerned it was heart related it wasn't my priorty. Slowly over the last year the pains have flipped. My chest is doing much better, but...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ray63269 3

Even when sternum not severe ribs still tender

I am a costo sufferer and have found that sometimes when there is no crushing sternum pain I still get a very sore sternum that can ache and be tender and that alot of my ribs will still be tender along with tender shoulder and occasional left arm pain, so what I actually mean is sometimes you don't...

• gary82239 2
  • Ipsydaisy 2

Similarities

I am trying to work out what is causing my Costo. If you have experienced Costo, can you tell me if you have any of the following: 1.) low vitamin D or do not get out in the sun a lot. 2.) sit at the computer quite a lot during the day or have a more sedentary lifestyle. 3.) strained or pulled any...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Runmore11 2

Help

Posted 3 months ago ***below is my post in chest pain. Since this post I hav discovered a few things: vocal cord dyfusion, ineffective esophagus immotily, small sliding hitail hernia, some acid reflex, and weak lower spinter. Could this be causeing my chest pain along with anxiety?? Help plz!! Not sure...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ray63269 3

Costs lots of pain this condition

I was diagnosed with costo a few years ago, but it subsided for quite a while, but I think it's back, I've had a lower back condition that has caused me alot of anxiety, now I'm getting pain in both sets of ribs and upper spine and left shoulder blade, does anyone else get this type of symptoms...

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

I have chest/rib cage/breast pain. It hurts to press on...

I have chest/rib cage/breast pain. It hurts to press on those areas. This has been going on for 8 weeks. Could I have Tietzes Syndrome? I am 53 and also suffer from fibromyalgia. Does anyone out there have these problems? I am a teacher of young children and this is affecting my work. This message...

21 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • genre12 2

Costochondritis or Gerd

Hi everyone ....its been five months now that i experience this very severe pain in my left back shoulder blade and chest. It feels like being stab and sometimes a sour taste is backing up in my esophagus and feels like bloated stomach. When i tried to straigthen up my upper body and stand for a long...

• Pam069 3
  • paul21053 2

Undiagnosed 9 months in.

so it started 9 months ago with chest pain thought I was having a heart attack went to a and e to be told I wasn't and to see my gp. Long story short chest pain went turned into rib pain mainly left side but some days right as well followed by acid reflux and generally feeling awful. Had endoscopy showed...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • taniak 2
  • ladyanguine 1
  • megan36568 2

new to forum, diagnosed with costchondritis

first diagnosed 3 years ago. Suddenly had pain in left side of chest, sharp stabbing pains, hurt to breath and any kind of movement. Had breast cancer (had implants as a result) so instantly thought something had gone wrong with them).Was sent to breast clinic, but mammagams, scans etc, showed all was...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mark04913 2

Costochondritis Question

Hello everyone, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone can help. For over a year I have been suffering with chest pain in the middle and it seems to be in the same place around my back. Sometimes the pain moves to the left sidebar under my breast. Past few days it has been getting worse and it...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sarah93128 2
  • Ceesly 1
  • lachastity04089 3

Is it really Costochondritis

Can costochondritis cause shortness of breathe and chest pressure. I've had a full cardiac workup and everything came back good. I was diagnosed with chestwall pain/costochondritis. My symptoms are extreme chest pressure and pain in the center of chest, heart fluttering, and pain in the ribs under both...

• EALyons 2

Costochondritis Treatments

Hello all, firstly I'd like to say thank you to all of the previous posters and commenters on this forum. I've been dealing with Costochondritis for a year and a half, and as I'm confident you guys know, it's an infuriating condition to have. After all the testing, the doctor visits, the worrying nights...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ipsydaisy 2

Chest spasms

Hello all, I was diagnosed with Costochondritis a few years back and lately the chest spasming is the worst. I also get a very tight chested feeling along with it. I was wondering if anyone knows any remedies for the spasms as they are becoming very bothersome. I asked my doctor about this and he suggested...

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • christine77368 2

costochondritis and injections

hi has anyone had the injections that are supposed to give relief to this painful complaint, i am in constant pain and talking to a nurse friend of mine she said the injection are good, so can anyone tell me please is it painful to have and does it work, thanks

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • laura18022 2

Costochondritis and smoking

Hello all, I have recently been diagnosed with costochondritis. It's been exactly a week now. On low dose of neurontin and meloxicam. It has eased some but still painful. Out of work all week.  I am a light smoker, 2 or 3 cigs a day. Trying to completely quite but the stress from the pain is making it...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tam42237 2

Costochronditis

Does anyone else out there with this condition have rib and breast pain mostly just when taking a deep breath? It also sometimes travels to the collar bone area and back.

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jaclyn11122 1

Diagnosis

Hi, I was wondering how you all were diagnosed with tietze's . I have been going to the chiropractor for 8 years and was told that I had a "sprung rib" . last year a new doctor took over and she told me that not only was my right ninth rib out but my right 8th and 10th, and my left 9 th were out as well....

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.