Skip to content

Costochondritis and Tietze's Syndrome

Also known as Tietze's Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sudden Left Shoulder pain and arm pain

Hi, I've been having alot of symptoms recently chest pain /electric feeling shooting chest pain, squeezing pain around upper left arm bicep tingly in left fingers all on and off and sore tender ribs around breast bone and tender ribs in back, I have been talking to people who suffer …

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath with Costochondritis?

I was diagnosed with Costochondritis and I have been noticing shortness of breath along with pain. I have had EKG's and chest xrays as well as blood tests. My doctor firmly believes this is not a heart issue. Has anyone else noticed shortness of breath with this? My pain is mainly in my sternum …

Last reply
  • Costochondritis, fibromyalgia or something else?

So for years now I have had a problem where only when I press or poke my ribs or collarbone I get a sharp pain that lingers for probably close to a minute. I’ve have random pain in all over for a while but nothing debilitating. Is this a normal symptom of costochondritis? 

Last reply
  • Uncommon costo symptoms

Costochondritis is unfortunately, not widely known or discussed and I've got more information from here than my gp. Although I'm lucky to say I'm 80-90% healed, I've reached a plateau. I wanted to share some of the less common symptoms I've experienced in my healing process …

Last reply
  • Costochondritis/Tietze Syndrome and Intercostal Neuralgia

What does Costochondritis and Tietze Syndrome have in common? They are both inflammations of the cartilage in the rib cage. Tietze syndrome involves swelling of the breastbone, and Costochondritis does not. However, they are essentially the same thing with the exception of the swelling of …

Posted
  • Costochondrosis symptoms along the left bottom of rib cage

I was diagnosed with costochondrosis about two weeks ago on July 2018, my main complain was feeling a poking sharp sensation along the bottom of my left rib cage near my stomach. I also experience the sensation when I breath, cough or bend down. I don't have any pain, just an uncomfortable …

Last reply
  • Is this Tietze's Syndrome"

Over 2 years ago i started having side pain.  At first it was just in one spot at the very end of my rib cage and it literally felt like i was being stabbed in the ribs.  It wasn't consistent and at first was painful but maybe just a 6 on the 6-10 scale.  The day before i had …

Last reply
  • Chostochondritis or something else?

Hello, I was recently diagnosed with Costo about 3 weeks ago, but I'm not sure that's what it is because I'm not in a lot of pain. I have had a tender spot under my breast that isn't there anymore but not its a little tender spot in more of my sternum I also have pressure under my …

Last reply
  • Tietze syndrome 11 years and counting!

I was diagnosed with Costochondritis when I was 13 years old. Once I got more swelling they changed their mind and called it Tietze syndrome. I was told many times it would only last weeks and then maybe a year and now they appear to be confused. In fact the last doctor told me it was …

Last reply
  • Costochondritis with unusual symptoms

I posted on here a few days ago about how I have all the symptoms of costochondritis: joint pain, sore sternum, sore shoulders, constant fatigue, chest tightness, tightness in neck and back, stomach pain, etc. All the scans came back normal. I've had a chest x-ray, CT scans, an upper endoscopy, …

Last reply
  • Costochondritis for years?

For years I've dealt with on and off left breast pain (or so I thought) but it's never bothered me enough to be worried, recently it's got bad enough where my anxiety levels were through the roof and I convinced myself I had a serious condition. I began frantic obsessive googling which …

Last reply
  • Costochondritis and tiredness

Does anyone else notice fatigue along with this? I know that pain and inflammation can obviously cause fatigue, but I notice so much tiredness with this condition.

Last reply
  • Chostochondritis

I was just diagnosed with chostochondritis/Tietze's syndrome about 4 months ago...been really frustrating. At first i landed in the ER with chest pains......then sent to cardiologist...did a stress test that was normal, and ECHO that was normal and then a halter monitor that was also normal. …

Last reply
  • Costochondritis for 4 years

I've had this condition for 4 years, varying in it's severity, but this time round I've had the worst pain ever and it's been this painful constantly for 7 months without any relief. I'm limited to painkillers as I have had reactions to both Tramadol and Panadeine, so I'm at …

Last reply
  • Need info on applying Diclofenac 1% gel for Costo

I have been having stomach problems from oral NSAIDs so my doctor has prescribed Diclofenac 1% gel. I know it can still cause some stomach upset but hopefully not as much. But the only instructions I have are for applying it to arms, hands, etc. My pain is mostly in left ribs and sternum, so I& …

Last reply
  • xiphoid process pain

Hey... so i just found out that below the sterum has a bone called xiphoid process... witch i didnt know it can also cause pain and inflammation. This hole time i have been blaming costocondrits for pain in the center of my and yes i still get pain from costo but this other one is really sore. …

Last reply
  • Have Costo, am new to group- having stomach pain

Greetings- I've been reading the posts here for a couple of weeks but just joined & wanted to introduce myself and thank this group for the great info! I was diagnosed with Costo about 3 months ago. I won't go into all my experiences because they are similar to most of those here.  …

Last reply
  • Costochondritis pain and discomfort

I am a 39 yr old mother of a 5yr old daughter. I live in Newry, northern Ireland. I was diagnosed with costochondritis 2 years ago this month. Like everyone elses case I have read on here I was totally convinced there was something more serious wrong with me and argued with my Doctor for a long …

Last reply
  • Weird feeling with center of chest

Hi everyone... I'm 23 male I have costocondrits and anxiety.. Am having this weird feeling where my costocondrits is center of chest. When a bend over or ride a bike or even run and when am overwhelmd feels like Something stops and I jump with panic I take a deep breath after it back happens …

Posted
  • Terrified this will be long term

I've had costonchondritis now for 5 months. The pain now radiates to under the bottom of my shoulder blades usually after I take a deep breath or if I use my arms. I've told the doctor this but nothing can be done as I'm pregnant. I'm terrified this is long term. Can you give any …

Last reply
  • Yet another chronic chest/sternum pain undiagnosed

So 7 weeks ago I developed this pain I’m my sternum which felt like pressure/ heaviness hours after a hard session on the bike. Hospital ecg - ok. Bloods troponin ok- told it’s not cardiac and sent on my way. Symptoms eased but stayed for 2 weeks. Then had echocardiogram and treadmill stress test …

Last reply
  • Scoliosis surgery- now constant chest / sternum pain.

less than a minute ago Hi everyone I had scoliosis surgery 4 years ago. A few months before my surgery I realised I was having mild chest pains. I didn't take too much notice as I was in more pain with my back (due to the curve). Almost straight after my surgery my pains in my chest started …

Last reply
  • tieze sydrome

I have had tieze syndrome now for 2 months.i cant do anything or I am in agony chest pains running down my arms and shoulders ,I had a bad fall in jan which is when it all started any advice plz

Last reply
  • Vertigo and dizziness

Hi I've been diagnosed with costro and tiezes had it on and off now for over 20 years I've been having a bad few months with it but as well as old symptoms chest pain and feels like a heart attack I am having headache or a pressure in my head plus dizziness and vertigo which I've never …

Last reply
  • Costo is making me crazy

I was diagnosed with costo just a few months ago, and I’m losing my mind over it! Since being diagnosed, I have experienced so many different symptoms that I feel like I spend half my time on Google just trying to make sense of them and convince myself I’m not dying.  I started out just …

Last reply
  • Costochondritis concerns

I'm a 23 year old female who is very overweight (260 pounds, but trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle). Four days ago, while lying in bed, I began having chest pains that felt as if my heart was being squeezed. I wasted no time in getting to a doctor, where I was promptly diagnosed with …

Last reply
  • Costo or not costo

Fed up going to GP and being sent away. Crippling headaches, dizzy spells, pain in chest, left leg and arm. Various trips to A&E including one where I fell ill at work. ECG and Blood tests come back clear as did D-Dimer and chest xray. Dr doesnt want to listen to me. Went again yesterday and …

Last reply
  • ACUPUNCTURE AND DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE FOR COSTOCHONDRITIS PAIN

I am thinking about having acupuncture and/or deep tissue massage for my Costo pain . I've had manual deep tissue massage before but the acupuncturist thought that an NHS approved piece of kit that oscillates to give the same effect as a deep tissue massage, called a Physiopod, might be better …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.