Skip to content

Costochondritis and Tietze's Syndrome

Also known as Tietze's Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Costocondrits burning on left side and center

Hi guys new member here.. so here's my story. One day i started to get this sore pain in the center of my ribs ignored it for a few weeks and it got to the point I went to see the Dr he sead it's costocondrits.. can this move around the whole ribs area with a burning sharp pain? I take naproxen...

Last reply
  • Things that help me for costocondrits

Honest guys this helps me a lot I go from pure burning and sore to slight paid by doing strechs laying on my back and moving around lifting both my arms above my head and counting to 50 then release stand up and twist 10 times to the right and 10 to the left keep a straight back so the sore joint gets...

Last reply
  • Migraines and puffy face

Does anyone get headaches due to Costochondritis or any slight swelling of the side of face it’s the same side as my collar bone swelling. Thank you in advance 

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath with Costochondritis?

I was diagnosed with Costochondritis and I have been noticing shortness of breath along with pain. I have had EKG's and chest xrays as well as blood tests. My doctor firmly believes this is not a heart issue. Has anyone else noticed shortness of breath with this? My pain is mainly in my sternum but...

Last reply
  • Breast issues

I've been having burning in the breast and armpit also some heaviness.Arm can burn and tingle also.Was diagnosed with Costocondritis a few years ago.Is this new symptoms. Had mammogram last year that was ok. Any ideas?

Last reply
  • Swelling is reducing but.....

Hi all. I'm new to this site and have costo. The swelling in the sternum has reduced but still get stingers and soreness in the left pectoral/heart region. My question is does anyone experience shortness of breath (like you can't draw in a full deep breath or yawn) or a shaky back, arms and hands?

Last reply
  • Tietze Syndrome

I was diagnosed yesterday.  I started with having the flu (influenza B).  I had the flu shot back in October.  Obviously didn’t work.   I’ve never felt so sick in my life.  Ended up in the ER because I couldn’t catch my breath. I live alone and it was 3 am.   The ambulance...

Last reply
  • Has anyone experienced these symptoms with tietze syndrome?

I have experienced symptoms of this syndrome for sometime, but have only recently received a diagnosis. As well as symptoms of pain in the chest, neck and arms I have also been experiencing an irregular heartbeat and abdominal discomfort. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

Last reply
  • Surgery and Costochondritis

Hi, has anyone ever had surgery for costochondritis? i.e. cartilage removal or permanent nerve blocks? I've had this for 7 years (basically my entire 20s!) and I have tried literally everything else!

Last reply
  • Post menupoausal

I am 50 years old stopped periods at 42 just started having breast pain and anxiety had memo all clear I am still worried. Could this be realated to hormones ?  

Last reply
  • It's hereditary!

My Dad has Costochondritis, I have Costochondritis and now my 19 year old son has just been diagnosed with it! It can't be a coincidence surely? Is it hereditary?

Last reply
  • Costochronditis for 3 years

Im a 23 year old female. 3 years suffering costochronditis. It’s agonising pain in my left side on the ribs. I went to my doctors and they’ve all suggested different conditions. But Costo and Tierz Syndrome seems to be right. The pain has deffo got worse. I tried ibuprofen and paracetamol to start with...

Last reply
  • Why is pain double barrelled

Have all the pain back . Sharp and burning . But it seems like a double barrel pain in that I have it in sternum and the joints of ribs but also directly behind from sternum in my spine between shoulder blades . It's so painful and now my neck is aching slightly too . And sometimes it hurts when...

Last reply
  • Healing Costochondritis and Anxiety

Hi All, I have been dealing with Costochondritis for nearly 5 months and like all of you, am at my wits end! It came about after I had experienced a very intense 3 month period of extreme anxiety due to lots of little and big stress factors in my life. I had a lot of physical symptoms accompany my anxiety...

Last reply
  • Costochondritis for years?

For years I've dealt with on and off left breast pain (or so I thought) but it's never bothered me enough to be worried, recently it's got bad enough where my anxiety levels were through the roof and I convinced myself I had a serious condition. I began frantic obsessive googling which I...

Last reply
  • My costochondritis issues

I’ve dealt with chest pain for decades due to chronic costochondritis, and here are some of my experiences with. I’m curious as to how many some of you can relate to: 1. Stress makes it way worse and can even start it up. The more stress/emotion, the more pain.  2.  Sometimes just walking briskly...

Last reply
  • Uncommon costo symptoms

Costochondritis is unfortunately, not widely known or discussed and I've got more information from here than my gp. Although I'm lucky to say I'm 80-90% healed, I've reached a plateau. I wanted to share some of the less common symptoms I've experienced in my healing process for...

Last reply
  • Costochondritis and tiredness

Does anyone else notice fatigue along with this? I know that pain and inflammation can obviously cause fatigue, but I notice so much tiredness with this condition.

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with Costochondritis

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with Costochondritis, I only have pain in my lower right and left side of the ribcage, no pain in the chest area is this normal as most places have researched says pain in the chest area. Have had few tests done and my Heart, Lungs are all healthy and my ribs have no...

Last reply
  • 50 year old hairdresser with rib pain

I've been suffering with left rib pain for 6-8 months.  I also get pain in the back of my left rib cage below scapula. I'm a hairdresser and stand 6-8 hours per day with my arms out in front of me. I've had chest X-rays, ekg, full blood work up, colonoscopy and even an ovarian ultrasound....

Last reply
  • Problems swallowing

Does anyone find swallowing more difficult on a night time. I feel sometimes I maybe panic because I feel like I can’t swallow at all 

Last reply
  • Costochondritis and shortness of breathe

So this Monday I was diagnosed with Costochondritis. Im 17 by the way. I'm gonna get straight to the point. Ever since yesterday my chest wall hasn't had any pain ir anything at all yet I still have the shortness of breathe. Is this normal? because I have horrible anxiety and its actually starting...

Last reply
  • Do I have costochondritis or fibromyalgia?

I’ve been having chest/arm pains primarily on my left side.  It’s tender and sore. It’s really hard for me to take deep breaths. Most of my breaths are shallow. And it feels like I have so much pressure on my chest. I’ve gone to the ER where I’ve gotten an EKG, X-ray, bloodwork. They told me everything...

Last reply
  • My Costo and Tietze symptoms

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my story as I find it impossible to get any information specifically relating to what I have gone through. Im Nick, im 28 and here is my story. My hope is that some people out there sharing the same symptoms can breathe a bit easier knowing they are not the only ones ...

Last reply
  • Costo

Has anyone ever been for pyhsio for there costo?? And does it help?? Thanks in advance 

Last reply
  • Update on my Costo treatment

Hi everyone, I made a post back in December regarding my condition and symptoms. https://patient.info/forums/discuss/my-costo-and-tietze-symptoms-629423 I would like to update you all as I find a lot of people post at their worst and dont give updates regarding there condition following improvement....

Last reply
  • Anyone had costochondritis?

Has anybody experienced costochondritis and can tell me if my symptoms sound similar as no doctor is able to give me any clue as to what is wrong and this is the only thing I can find that may match these symptoms. For two weeks I have experienced:- Throat tightness Missed heartbeat A tightening of the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.