Skip to content

Costochondritis and Tietze's Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • bb123 3

Can Muscle inflammation be not sore to the touch???

My Doc said I have muscle inflammation in the ribs(right side) but it's not sore to touch. It is bothersome at times when laying on my right side. Last night I slept on left side and back and woke up to soreness in same spot under right ribs. Got up and moved around and now seems better though

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • julia93063 2

Your First Day of Costo

Hello everyone! Was wondering if anyone would like to share when and how your first flare started and what did you feel. I believe mine started when I was doing aerobics, after a loooong time not working out, I felt like lightning electric shock in the chest, going from the shoulders down. The

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

I have chest/rib cage/breast pain. It hurts to press on...

I have chest/rib cage/breast pain. It hurts to press on those areas. This has been going on for 8 weeks. Could I have Tietzes Syndrome? I am 53 and also suffer from fibromyalgia. Does anyone out there have these problems? I am a teacher of young children and this is affecting my work. This

20 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • julia93063 2

Costco and workouts

Hi everyone! I am very worried because every time I try to dance or move my upper buddy I get the dull annoying pain in my chest.. I'm scared to start dancing now cause I get anxiety immediately since my pain is in the left.. Does anyone has had similar experiences? Thank you.

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • UG1234 2

Tietze syndrome and physical activity/exercises

Hi all, I've had a chest and thoracic back pain for just over a year now and after some investigations (ECG, x-ray, blood test and MRI).and I've been told today that it is a tietze syndrome. As I regularly do some workouts at home ( pull-up bar, push up, body weight training etc), I enquired the

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • col mac 2

Decisions, decisions decisions. Fibre taking over.

Right here I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia it all started a few months I had a accident (fall) 3 years ago, i suffered with three herniated discs. Multiple tests, hospital apps, mobility issues, morphine, spinal injections. I'm 38 and my pain dr says I'm too young for a disc

• christine77368 2

costochondritis and injections

hi has anyone had the injections that are supposed to give relief to this painful complaint, i am in constant pain and talking to a nurse friend of mine she said the injection are good, so can anyone tell me please is it painful to have and does it work, thanks

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • QueenMo 2

Pain on right side

I really don't know how long I have had this ailment. I had part of my right lung removed due to lung cancer. That was 3 years ago. Initially the pain could be attributed to the surgery, but as time went on (like 2 years) and I was still experiencing pain. Got the "it takes time" from my medical

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sinead 34836 2

Costochondritis pain and discomfort

I am a 39 yr old mother of a 5yr old daughter. I live in Newry, northern Ireland. I was diagnosed with costochondritis 2 years ago this month. Like everyone elses case I have read on here I was totally convinced there was something more serious wrong with me and argued with my Doctor for a long

492 replies 7 votes Last reply
  • julia93063 2

Costo new symptoms?

Hi everyone! For the past month (+-) I've had a dull (almost constant) pain in the left side of my chest, above the breast, sometimes tender to the touch. Today I woke up, and have a little cough and it hurts like knives, sharp pain in a small spot above breast (on the left) all area feels tender

22 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sarah77498 2

What does your Costo pain feel like?

Hi, wondered if those suffering with Costo could describe for me (as best you can) exactly what your pain feels like and where in the chest are it is situated and/or radiates to? Thanks

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shekme10120 2

Costo/tietzes almost healed, any tips to speed up the process?

Anyone who's managed to completely rid themselves from costochondritis/ tietzes? (I believe I have tietzes cos of the swelling) I'm about 85% healed thanks to natural remedies but I've been 85% healed for some months. I seemed to get to this point quite quickly (about 3 months) but since

25 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ipsydaisy 2

Costochondritis and tiredness

Does anyone else notice fatigue along with this? I know that pain and inflammation can obviously cause fatigue, but I notice so much tiredness with this condition.

20 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jesika28180 4

COSTOCONDRITIS MASSIVE PAIN

I have this since I was 20 , im now 35, and it would always come and go but now it seems its come back with avengance and i just cant take the pain, to the point my shoulder back hurts and my arm goes numb. Its  a pain on top of my left breast, sometimes the pain feels pressurized, or like a

• Kamatsu 2

Costochondritis

Hi all I wonder if all of the above referenced conditions are related.  It seems that fibromyalgia, myofascial pain and costochondritis go together.  I have been treated for CRPS too. The costochondritis and myofascial pain has been unrelenting these past few weeks and I desperately need relief.  

• teri91864 2

Costochondritis frustration

Hello I am hoping to share and get some insight I have had costo for several years on and off and now become chronic . This week I had a high anxiety issue stuck in elevator and sure enough I got the aturnim pain .. went to triage they did not think it was cardiac but costo as I have recently done

• Bunny76 1

Stinging pain or itching with costochondritis?

Hello. Happy I've found this forum! I also suffer from costochondritis and have a flare up now with left chest, neck and shoulder pain but this time, pain feels also stinging and also get itching in or around the affected areas. Anybody experienced this before? Thanks.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • julia70715 2

Pain from costochondritis

I was diagnosed with costochondritis about 6 weeks ago after several visits to a n e thinking I was having an heart attack but all tests came back clear through this I have also been having anxiety and panic attacks due to thinking I was dying I was finally put on tramadol for the pain aswell as

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • wall1409 3

Costro or not

Hi everyone I have oa of full spine and most of my joints I'm 54 and in November suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage oddly enough that's when these symptoms started. I get severe pain in my ribs but at the back and sides not the front but a couple of ribs are extremely painful to touch at both sides,...

• jmarti23 2

Pain under right ribs, no pain when touching.

For over 3 months I've had this pain. I went to the doctor, they didn't do any tests, but they think it's costo. However, I've been looking online and it says that if it's costo, you're supposed to feel pain when you touch or press the area. My pain is in the right side, 1 or 2 inches to thte left

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • crapribs 2

pain. anyone else feel it like this?

Hi all sorry this will be brief and l hope i makes on and off for years sometimes like a bolt through sternum other times pain anwhere from below left collar bone through breast area to sternum and down either side both lower ribs. Cant move or reach out cant do repeat things like

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • don101 1

costochondritis questions

Can someone help answer some question on costochondritis. My doctor thinks I may have this condition. Mine pain started out gradually. Meaning one day I had discomfort in my my chest area when I would bend to do something. After a week of that I went to see the doc. He said I had Broncitis and put

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • JamesDonaldson 2

Pain relief and de-stressing

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has come across any good pain relief methods you can use at work etc. I find Deep Heat cream really good, but the smell isn't great for the office! The patches are also useful, but quite costly to be using all the time (my costo can last days at a time and I've

• Emotional 1

Chostochondritis

I was diagnosed with the Costochondritis myself almost 2 yrs. ago . And for me nothing has worked so far like  heating pads,hot showers or ice . I have had multiple EKG's, chest x-rays, CT Scans and though some may have come back borlerline or abnormal ask the question " why it is abnormal" if you don'

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • shelle7belle 2

Costochondritis pain and discomfort

Im 31 and was diagnosed with costochondritis about a year ago. Its kinda lasted the whole year, but recently, over the past few months its been really back to my gp twice in the last 2 weeks because was convinced it was something more serious. The main tenderness has been on my left

332 replies 18 votes Last reply
  • Cdan 2

Anxiety, stress...at this point, I hope it's costo.

Hey everyone! The lasts two months have been the worst of my life. Two months ago I went to the hospital after feeling extremely light headed and dizzy. They said I had a sinus infection, the gave me abx and Prednisone steroid shot/ meds. The steroid meds were 7 day 60mg a day dose no taper, after

• lachastity04089 3

Is it really Costochondritis

Can costochondritis cause shortness of breathe and chest pressure. I've had a full cardiac workup and everything came back good. I was diagnosed with chestwall pain/costochondritis. My symptoms are extreme chest pressure and pain in the center of chest, heart fluttering, and pain in the ribs under

• shayla81596 3

Costo/fibro??? Help!

Hey guys so I was diagnosed with Costo a few months ago and then diagnosed with fibromyalgia in January. I also have severe anxiety mainly dealing with health anxiety! So anyway I've had about 5 ekgs And blood tests even a heart monitor just over these last 8 months. Anyway all the chest pain

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

Have had this for last seven years. Still with much pain...

Have had this for last seven years. Still with much pain withinn the ribs and sternal area. Seems that weather has an affect on the level of pain. I do swell and at he end of the day, clothes are much tighter and have to peel off. Pain is severe at time. Have consulted many a Dr. that do not know

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • julia93063 2

New to Costco.. Struggling with anxiety and disbelief

Hello everyone! I was recently diagnosed with Costochondritis. I have had pain for about two weeks now. I've had blood work, 2 EKG's, and chest xray. All were fine. I still have a stress test and some cardio tests on the way that give me anxiety because I feel that I can't exercise any more cause

• shayla81596 3

Chostochondritis or something else?

Hello, I was recently diagnosed with Costo about 3 weeks ago, but I'm not sure that's what it is because I'm not in a lot of pain. I have had a tender spot under my breast that isn't there anymore but not its a little tender spot in more of my sternum I also have pressure under my left breast that

55 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • christine77368 2

costo relief

hi i have had costo for 3 years now and its so painful, ive had blood tests, xrays, scans and been told its costo, no pain relief has helped but i started to take a few slices of ginger in a cup of hot water with lemon and honey and after drinking a cup a day the pain has eased so its worth a try

• AMK1968 2

Tietze with baseball size fluid pocket??

Hi all. Over a year ago after being hospitalized for 3 days and having full heart work up I was diagnosed with Costochondritis. After over a week of bed rest along with pain meds and muscle relaxers life returned to normal and I hadn't given Costo a thought since. That is until 2 weeks ago when the

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sarah77498 2

Chest pain, cracking and stretching?

Hello, first off, I don't believe I have Costo or Tietze's (going by what I have read online) but I just hoped for some opinions by anyone who can either realate or has any knowledge about what I'm describing.  So, about 6 months ago, when I was doing some light yoga, I noticed that when rotaing

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kelly84195 3

Help

Hi most days of have a pain like pressure behind my breast bone/sternum think it's called often I also get a feeling likes there's a trapped bubble of air there my ribs are quite painful and my shoulder blades this happens most days it's getting me down any help or advice be great 39 years old and

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions