Chronic rib pain someone please help

Posted , 1 user is following.

my first time posting on any sort of forum but i really need some help so sorry if i do anything wrong.

1. about 4/5 years ago i was hit in the right rib cage and i didnt go to the hospital but i couldnt get out of bed for over 5 weeks i couldnt take in a full breath cough sneeze laugh or walk i assumed it was broken and that the hospital cant do anything for broken ribs so i just stayed in bed and rested up and took pain relif until i could move around again however, 4/5 years on im now 23 and i can no longer deal with the pain i am getting in this rib i mean it is debilitating pain its at the front and back of my right rib and i also have a huge lump and the back lower part of my rib and another lump about 3 rib bones up it wakes me up all hours of the night i cant sleep im rocking back and forward on the floor to try take my kind of it im on alot of pain relief zappain/gabapentin/ibuprofen all of these combined does not even take the edge of iv been to my doctor numerous times over the years i have been checked for kindney stones even tho i told my doctor i think my rib was broken and the pain has been there ever since. it started out as a tingling sensation like a spider was crawling under my skin and over the years has progressed in to the worse pain immaginable. its 4.45am now i am nearly 9 months pregnant iv been up since 2.00am because i wont be able to get back to sleep with this pain i am so sleep deprived and im also so run down from the lack of sleep. my doctor have just dismissed me and pushed me of with pain killers all these years and its getting so much worse i feel like im just annoying them when i call and see them they say the same thing that the cartalidge is damaged and that my rib could be dislocating but no investigating has been done to see if this is what is happening or if it could be something else i told him about the lump (size of a ping pong ball ) and he didnt give me a reason he just completetly ignored the fact i told him i had this lump so sorry for the rant im at my whits end and i dont know how much more i can take i now have to sit with a bad posture because i cannot straighten my back as i feel this funny pop sensation in my ribs when i do , i have upper body sciatica and POTS syndroms amd innapropritate sinus tachychardia also i dont know if this makes anh difference. please if anyone has anything similar or if your a medical profesional what would you reccomend or what my next steps should be thankyou

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.