Costochondritis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I will start from the beginning. On August 25th, I sliced my leg open on a broken candle and had to get 8 stitches. It was pretty stressful for me due to my anxiety. The day I got my stitches out, I started having odd chest pain, right above my left breast, closer to my shoulder. It went away after 2 or 3 days. On the 15th of September, it came back along with an elevated heart rate. Within a week it was going into my left arm, right down to my finger tips, and into my shoulder/back. I went to the ER 4 times in 1 week, had all the heart tests they were willing to do on someone my age, and was told my heart is fine. I have EKGS, A stress test, an ultrasound, blood tests, and xrays. All clear. So I went on with my life, made an appointment with a Gastro dr, only to be told that he couldnt do any of the tests for me because I am pregnant. The chest pain had almost completely stopped about 2 weeks or so, but came back the day of my dr appointment on the 12th. I had jogged up the stairs to get to his office, it was 4 flights. Since then my chest pain is back and it is scaring the crap out of me. It goes into my left arm, back, hand and fingers. Sometimes I feel it on the right side too. I won't say its super painful, as much as its annoying and making my anxiety go nuts. It hurts when I press underneathe both of my breasts, and in the center of my chest as well as below my collarbones. Does this sound like costo?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.